What was your fasting BG today?

Replies

• JaneKnoll1
    JaneKnoll1 Posts: 406 Member
    8.3 (149.4) a little high, but I think that's from late night pineapple.
    Love pineapple but it's one of the fruits that sends my blood sugar higher..I only eat it occasionally now...like bananas...my 2 faves.

• judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    9.9 Another bad day food wise.
  • JaneKnoll1
    9.9 Another bad day food wise.
    Hoping today will be better! One of the things that keeps me in check is that I want to avoid complications and so that springs to mind when I feel like throwing caution to the wind. Honestly it can be a GREAT way of eating and I have every food group as you know but there is no magic solution. Maybe mention to the dietician that you want to eat too many foods that are just meant for occasions! She/he might be able to look at strategies. I am not sure if you look at my menu...maybe try eating similar? It's based on what the dietician planned for me. YOU CAN DO THIS JUDY!!!! I believe in you!!!!
  • JaneKnoll1
    5.1 (92) I slept in 2 hours past when I usually wake and thought it would be high 5s but today I was lucky!! Have a great day or night everyone!!!
  • judyvalentine512
    Thanks Jane. I go so many days of not being able to eat anything but liquids or bland foods, that when I start to feel better, I do tend to go a little crazy. I've looked at your food diary, and no offence, being the extremely picky eater that I am, I just couldn't do what you do. This heat is a killer for me too. Today will be a better day, and I've put off the dietician appointment too long now.
    Thanks for caring.
  • JaneKnoll1
    Hi Judy!! I get that and your journey is more complex that most!!! Dietician is a great move I think..especially as yo have unique needs and you are selective about what you eat. I am lucky and eat nearly everything except organ meats and sardines lol!! Not crazy about uncooked Kale but I will eat sardines and Kale but I not heart or tongue ACK!! Lol!! I hope you have a good day and keep slogging away!! Once you have your surgery I hope things will be more settled for you!!!
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Hi gang, last two days were 117 & 118 so I was surprised today with FBS 94. I've never seen it that low.
  • judyvalentine512
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    91. It's been pretty stable like that for a few weeks now. Got back on track with low carbs and lower calories.
  • JaneKnoll1
    Hi gang, last two days were 117 & 118 so I was surprised today with FBS 94. I've never seen it that low.
    Good going!!! 94 is super!!!!!!
  • JaneKnoll1
    Jan93L wrote: »
    91. It's been pretty stable like that for a few weeks now. Got back on track with low carbs and lower calories.
    Wow excellent!! Good work!!
  • JaneKnoll1
    I can't take mine that much because I drum through test strips like a maniac and I only get so many per year...now I know what to eat and how my body reacts, I only have to do it once a week or so unless I am sick. It's like being a crack addict...I always want to know..it's reassuring for me...
    Anyway,feeling great!
  • leanmachine514
    Yesterday was 103 & today was 99. I must be doing something right. :)
  • judyvalentine512
    9 (162) a little high this morning.
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    gave in to beer urge this week... it's been in the 120s every morning. Dieting is so tiresome!
  • leanmachine514
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Today was 98
  • JaneKnoll1
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Today was 98
    Wow you have been doing so well!!
  • judyvalentine512
    7.2 (129.6)
  • judyvalentine512