What's your latest NSV?

Options

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    MistyHiker wrote: »
    Had a check up with my Doctor and a different nurse was there. She looked at the picture on my ID and back at me - WOW she says, you can really see the difference!

Greatest feeling ever!

Awesome!! :)
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I am still pre-op, in the insurance diet phase. When I had to buy a coat, I was going to buy it online at the fat lady store, but decided to try a local store. Instead of the 3-5X that I would have bought before (because bigger was always better), I found that I fit into a 2X.

I was so stunned. I mean, I just stood there shocked and then picked out a really nice wool coat that fit and felt really good.

I don't feel like I have lost a lot of weight. I started this at 279 and am only down to about 270 or so, but the inches have fallen off. How can only nine pounds make such a difference?
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I tried on this dress that I bought for my daughter a while ago (that she never wore). I didn't think it would fit but it did! Then, I asked her to zip it for me and said that it might not be able to zip yet --- and she looked at me like I was crazy and said, "uh...mom? It IS zipped!" :smiley:
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    A co-worker brought me her "skinny jeans" she said she'll never wear again. Divorce diet, dropped a couple of sizes then remarried and went back to her typical size, (which is still small IMHO. She's taller). Anyway, they're WAY too big for me!
  • jrnguyen
    jrnguyen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Did some closet shopping today... my smallest pants are already getting a little big!
  • readallday
    readallday Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    One of the girls I work with told me today that I am glowing lately. That was the nicest compliment that I have had through this because it was about my frame of mind and not just my frame. :smile:
  • itsdreday
    itsdreday Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    New one today, belt ran out of notches going DOWN in size!
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    itsdreday wrote: »
    New one today, belt ran out of notches going DOWN in size!

Yes - the pile of leather belts! First you punch new holes so you don't have to spend more, then you realize it wraps half-way around the other side.
  • weeziebeth
    weeziebeth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My very first nsv-kinda odd….went into the OR in a bariatric hospital gown, woke up in a regular one. Not really an nsv I suppose as one could say I may not have needed the larger gown in the first place…but as the regular one just fit, I'll take it ;)
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    One of the girls I work with told me today that I am glowing lately. That was the nicest compliment that I have had through this because it was about my frame of mind and not just my frame. :smile:

That is a wonderful way to put the compliment into perspective! What a beautiful thing for someone to tell you :smile:
  • jamezln
    jamezln Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Size 36 pants from 44-46s and XL shirts from XXL-XXXL. Shopping for last nights Christmas party this week since everything I had was huge, and not in the Big & Tall section, but the regular section. Nothing wrong with the Big & Tall section, but I am not tall.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    WooHoo!
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Today, I had a coworker (who is also my neighbor) stop me and say that her husband had said to her "It was so nice to see Trinity in the restaurant today. She looked amazing and it's not just the weight loss. She looked me in the eye and smiled and talked and laughed and it was amazing to see her coming out of her shell."

I teared up. I'm beyond happy that I decided to get the sleeve. I've felt better and more able to be part of what is happening around me. Before the surgery, I was the extreme example of an introverted hermit. I didn't leave my house unless I had to and when I did, I really didn't look people in the eye. I thought if I didn't look at them, they wouldn't notice me. I have been waiting my entire life to gain the confidence that having to work through my issues has given me.

Your post made me tear up. This surgery gives us our lives back in more than a physical way. Congratulations to you.
  • MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I can now fit into the smallest size I have ever worn as an adult. A size 14!
  • Thaeda
    Options
    MistyHiker wrote: »
    I can now fit into the smallest size I have ever worn as an adult. A size 14!

YAY!! We could share clothes. I wear a 14, too!! :)
  • Thaeda
    Options
    Hubby and I went for a walk today.... we have both lost so much we can walk next to each other on the sidewalk with plenty of room.... used to get too "crowded" before. <3
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I just reached 29 BMI, no longer obese! I bought some smaller pants at one point thinking that I might get into them someday! Tried them on today, I didn't think they would fit yet, just trying to see how close they were to fitting. One pair is too big, the other 2 fit but are a bit loose.
  • Thaeda
    Options
    I just reached 29 BMI, no longer obese! I bought some smaller pants at one point thinking that I might get into them someday! Tried them on today, I didn't think they would fit yet, just trying to see how close they were to fitting. One pair is too big, the other 2 fit but are a bit loose.

Wooohoooo!!! I am trying to get to "normal".... although that is another 17 pounds and I have NO idea how I would get there!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Trinity! What a great NSV. They are all great NSVs, but I think we tend to focus on the physical and don't realize that the emotional benefits of losing the weight are just as exciting!

itsdreday! I had the same thing happen at a store, twice and then just went to the DMV and said "I need a new picture". At first they were going to charge me for what they call a "do over" until the supervisor came over, looked at my license and then at me and told them to just charge me the annual renewal fee.

jkern! Isn't it great to fit where we didn't before! It's amazing all the places I didn't go because I couldn't find a place to sit without embarrassing myself or just plain not fitting.

jrnguyen! That's awesome! I haven't tried on anything from before I gained all my weight. I know sizing has changed in the last 40 years so I'm not sure what size those things would be in today's sizing, but I will at some point try to get into what's left in the box. Now to find that box! :D
  • shonrecio
    shonrecio Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great NSV everyone. My latest is I was told by my husbands bro that I look good. I was told by an old boss/friend at the store the othet day, that I look hot and I can jump rope for several minutes without huffing and puffing.