Like Minded Lushes - November 2014

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
I hope you all survived Halloween.

Now it is the month of too much food and wonderful wines and ales. Hang tough my lushy friends.

I couldn't sleep last night. I didn't go to bed until 12:30 and I didn't fall asleep until after 2:00 my internal clock is so messed up. Oh well. The one good thing about my anti depressant is that I still really don't have an appetite. the weight is slowly coming off but if I work at it, it may come off even faster. :bigsmile:

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Happy November everyone. I'm hoping to drop some lbs this month since I'm one of the few that think Thanksgiving food is ucky :D
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Bumping to keep up with my lushes. I've been reading along....just don't have much to add. :smile:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    November, huh....how are the holidays almost upon us already?!!!!

I'm not too concerned about my weight at the moment, it fluctuates up and down about 3-4lbs but I am in a good range, so my goal is to get back into a solid workout routine....I have been a huge slacker for the last couple of months!

Friday-we had a fabulous dinner. Split a beer before we left, I had three beers at dinner, then we stopped at the brew pub and I had another 1 1/2 beers and nothing back at home :noway:
    Saturday-we split a beer before my nephews party, had 3 cocktails there and then we finished a bottle of wine when we got home.
    Sunday-1 1/2 beers, 1 vanilla vodka and cider, 3 vanilla vodkas with root beer and 1/2 a glass of wine....I feel asleep so Lenny covered it in plastic where it waits for me this evening :laugh:

Monday again.....hoping for a quick week. I am looking forward to a Katie/Lenny weekend :bigsmile:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Off to the beach today...have a great week everyone!
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Hello all! November 3rd already? My oh my...looks like the holidays are right around the corner!! I definitely need to get back to working out hardcore...and possibly cut back on my wine and beer drinking for a while. Ugh!

Friday & Saturday nights - lots of wine and beer...
    Sunday - 2 beers
    Monday - 0

I plan to have all 0's until Friday. I hope this really happens too! LOL
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Friday: Lots of beer. The halloween party had free beer and wine and I had to drink my money's worth!
    Saturday=1 sangria at CPK
    Sunday=4 glasses of red wine

0 tonight. I started the 21-day clutch program for Aruba Nov. 23:)
    There will be a few events and splurges along the way, but I am trying to stick to the workouts and make an effort to be more moderate.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Fri - 4 beers
    Sat - 7 beers
    Sun - 2 beers
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Today was so gorgeous at the beach. Walked off my lunch and wine hopefully :Dk2jnnraonxcs.jpg
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Great picture of the beach Sydney! I would post a picture from Washington but all you would see is a dark, cloudy, rainy day!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    November.

Today was Mom's birthday so there was wine with Mom and Gram. Came home planning to work out but Aunt flo has me exhausted so instead I'm having red wine and catching up on shows with the beasts.

Definitely getting a work out tomorrow though.

Husband also bought us each a 30 day cleanses so we'll see what that does.

• kblue2007
    Options
    Awesome pic Syd!!!!!!!!!! Glad you enjoyed your day!!!

Monday-8oz of wine
    Probably more tonight??!!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I need some zeros in my life!
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Sydney, that is a gorgeous picture! I'm so jealous! It is cold & gloomy here in Kansas.

Monday - 0, but I went out to dinner with my MIL. It was nice though.
    Tuesday - 0, planning to hit the gym and then go vote!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Monday=0 drinks
    Almost wasn't, a friend invited me to get a drink but then she had to flake.
    should be 0 tonight, as well...

Kat, what's the 30-day cleanse entail? My friend did the 3-day juice fast, I am just not sure there is any value to that, but I have done things like a detox where I give up caffeine, gluten, and such, sometimes it can just jump start healthier habits.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hi, All

Sunday, 0
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, moderate
    Thursday, lushy
    Friday, moderate
    Saturday, lushy

Tomorrow, my girlfriend from Texas is coming and I am sure that many cocktails will be involved.

Amy, what is the 21 day clutch - I am interested in it. I tried to look up some information but was wondering if you could give me a synopise of what it entails.

I am off to vote for what I believe to be the least of the worst.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Kim just vote "none of the above"

I have survived returning to work. I am doing okay. I wish I was better. I had one vodka rocks last night. we will see what tonight brings.

It is cold and wet and blustery. Bleh.
  • amysj303
    Options
    the 21-day clutch is a program by Ashley Conrad, it prescribes workouts 5 days per week, with the workout changing weekly for 3 weeks. The schedule goes: lift, cardio, rest, lift, cardio, rest.
    The lifting isn't heavy, more circuits with hand weights and body weight exercises, but there's 13 or so exercises and so it takes awhile to get through the circuit 3-5 times. The first lifting was Saturday and it took over an hour so I don't see doing more than 3 x.
    The cardio is intervals: 1 min walk, 30 sec jog, 1 minute sprint for 25 minutes or 10x.
    There's an emphasis on stretching before and after each workout and there's this intense ab workout that is to be done on cardio days but I skipped it, it's too much!
    There's a diet plan but I am not following it strictly, since there's no carbs hardly, and no dairy or red meat. I am trying to keep calories below 1500/day.
    See what the scale has to say tomorrow, but I know it could be decieving because my sore muscles!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    keeping up with my daily wine....
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Morning Lushes!!!!!!!

Monday-8oz of wine
    Tuesday-vanilla vodka with root beer and 8oz of wine
    The way my day is going so far.....there will definitely be drinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Amy, the 21-day clutch sounds interesting! Maybe I should give something like that a try!

Chloe - way to keep up with your daily wine...wine is good for you ;)

Kate - vanilla vodka with root beer just sounds so tasty! I may have something to drink tonight...depends on if I go to the Y or not. This week I've had good intentions...but that just haven't panned out.

Went to vote last night & Kansas stayed a true RED state...which is not a bad thing in my book. But I was raised Republican...and I work for a firm that helped fund some of the candidates. I was going to go to the Y last night, but my allergies kicked in and I couldn't go 5 minutes yesterday without having to have a Kleenex. Today is a little better...thank goodness for Sudafed!

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0 or will have some diet Sunkist with whipped vodka...that sounds tasty right now!