Like Minded Lushes - November 2014

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Still slowly shedding pounds and moderating on everything. I am making thru each day, one day at a time. It is good to be back walking again (1/2 mile from car to office) but it sucks in the rain. Hope you are all good!
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Robin, it is so nice to hear that you're doing better. All you can do is take it one day at a time. Keep up the good work! And good luck with work! Being "okay" is better than being worse than that.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Yes, Robin, glad you are ok!
    Root beer and vanilla vodka does sound good.
    I don't like diet soda, but I do like those La Croix fizzy water and they have one that is coconut! I might try that with rum or something...
    I am trying to not drink beer during the 21-day clutch but I will do wine or vodka-soda. I am not sure it really matters. I think I like to create deprivation so I feel like I am doing something...
    Monday=0 drinks
    Tuesday=0 drinks
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Robin, YAY!!! So glad to hear everything is looking up!!!! :flowerforyou:

The brew pub by us makes their own root beer as well, and one night I just wasn't feeling beer so I had vanilla vodka and root beer and I feel in love :smile:

Good luck with the 21-day clutch, Amy! I think wine and vodka is much lighter than beer....obviously....and causes less bloat!!!!

Monday-8oz of wine
    Tuesday-1 vanilla vodka with root beer and 8oz of wine
    Wednesday-4 freakin' vanilla vodkas with root beer...Len made the first the moment I walk through the door...what a guy :wink: Hoping for a better day at work today!
    Yoga tonight, then possible a cocktail and/or wine :bigsmile:
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Homemade root beer is the BEST!

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - looking at another 0, unless my friend ends up coming over tonight then maybe a glass of wine or 2.

I'm not feeling too hot this week. Allergies have got me down, but I'm powering through! Tomorrow is my 1/2 day at work, so I'm pretty happy!! I love an extra afternoon with my husband..I don't get too many of those!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    looks like everyone is plugging along. The time change has me in a bit of a funk...but otherwise all is ok here. I even managed a 0 last night.
    Heading to the gym today and will hopefully get a swim in as well. We're still in the 80's here so we only had 1 day of fall-like weather.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    More wine again....

Mike wants me to stay up to watch the next episode of True Detective when he gets home from work, so I will probably have drinks waiting for him. He LOVES it, I am not quite sold yet. We are 3 episodes into the first season.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Three letters UTI I do not feel good. I guess I have to head back to the doctor. :sad:
    no booze last night. just tons of water so it didn't hurt so bad.
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Has anyone heard of "not your dad's root beer"? I think that's what its called? I wasn't crazy about it, but everyone I know LOVES it!
  • amysj303
    Options
    I have not heard of "not your dad's rootbeer". Why are you iffy on True Detective? I think I was hooked from the start, I finished it in 5 days, as I recall. Can't wait for the next one.
    Robin, I hope they give you something to make you feel better quickly. There is an OTC pill that makes it feel better, but it does not cure the infection. I learned the hard way and ended up with a kidney infection that felt like I was being stabbed in the back!
    Last night I ended up over-doing it, not even sure how much because we were sharing bottles of this wine/beer. Parts of the evening are fuzzy and I don't feel so hot today. I gotta strength workout for Clutch Cut, it's gonna suck...
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Oh no, Robin! So sorry about your UTI! I hope you feel better soon!!!

Chloe, I've never heard of "not your dad's rootbeer", but it doesn't sound like something I would like. LOL. As far as True Detective goes, I completely understand! It probably took me 4-5 episodes before I really liked it. Both actors are really hard to understand (at least in my opinion), and it seemed to drag along. But I was glad I stuck with it because once it picked up, it was really good!! Stick with it!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Amy, but you will fell better afterwards! Good luck!!!

I have never heard of that root beer either! I am not a huge fan of root beer but some vodka in it and I'm all over it :laugh:

Boo Robin!! They are the worst! Hopefully it clears up quickly!

Syd, SoCal weather sounds right up my alley! Enjoy it!!!

Monday-8oz of wine
    Tuesday-1 vanilla vodka with root beer and 8oz of wine
    Wednesday-4 vanilla vodkas with root beer
    Thursday-1 vanilla vodka and root beer and 8oz of wine

I am taking a half day today, so I will most likely be starting early. Cocktail and wine, for sure.

We are brewing tomorrow, so lots of beer!!!!
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    It's 10% alcohol from a small brewery in IL. It really popular around here right now.

Amy- I am liking True Detective now, the beginning was slow for me. We watched the 4th episode last night and that was pretty intense.

More wine again for me last night....
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Well now that you mention it is alcoholic then I will def keep an eye out :wink:
  • amysj303
    Options
    ooh, alcoholic rootbeer, I wanna try!
    Thursday=0 and I got that workout...
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    well of course why would I be talking about something non-alcoholic in here??? :p
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    UTI's are no fun...Hope you're feeling better soon, robin.
    I had wine and then some tequila last night. I managed to stay within my calories tho, so that was good. More wine tonight probably, but hope to have just 1-2 glasses.
    No major plans for the weekend..and that just sounds perfect to me.
    Oh BTW...San Diego Beer week starts today! :drinker: Too bad I don't drink beer..but I'll probably tag along with the husband while he stops by his favorite brewery to celebrate.Enjoy your weekend lushes!!
  • rjadams
    Options
    I got my antibiotics and I am starting to feel a bit better. Still no booze for me and I am doing pretty good at it.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better Mama Lush.

I took a break from working out this week due to Aunt Flo. I'll get back at it Monday.

Today our little one would have been 7 months old. There will be wine as there has been every other day this week.

The cleanse is just these pills you take in the morning and night and are supposed to just clean everything out. Husband is hoping it helps his stomach issues. He also has to have his blood drawn again tomorrow for our life insurance because apparently his liver enzymes were up. I figured mine would have been due to my boozy ways. I told him to add some lemon to his water because they apparently help balance enzymes as well as detox. Hopefully his blood work comes out fine this time, I'll be drinking for him tonight since he thinks it's probably a good idea to abstain before his appointment tomorrow.

Not much else going on, started a bit of Christmas shopping but I have to admit I can't stand that there are already commercials and we haven't even had Thanksgiving. Each year Halloween and Thanksgiving are just being phased out earlier and earlier. I'm not really feeling the holidays this year anyway but still.

Hope everyone else is well and has a nice Friday and weekend.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in today. Changed my profile pic to reflect that. 'nuff said.

Have a great weekend everyone! :drinker: