Holiday Challenge

Options

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Baklava
    Day 2: Everything: Pie, Sticky buns, ice cream... lots of wine & kahlua
    Day 3: Smaller scale repeat of yesterday :)
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    After working twelve hours of retail I had ten white fudge Oreo cookies for breakfast & for lunch a whole Little Caesars pizza.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    1-tamales
    2-Turkey day stuff. Strawberry cheesecake. Trader Joe's cookie butter cheesecake. Banana cake. Baklava.pumpkin pie.pumpkin beer.more cheesecake.more banana cake.
    3-baklava and more baklava.

• ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    We don't have Thanksgiving here in Singapore, and Christmas isn't the biggest holiday here, so I thought I'd contribute to this by eating a third of all the desserts served at a relative's wedding. (November and December are the months when weddings are like the holidays, because almost every weekend sees you attending at least three weddings). First image is that of traditional Malay rice flour goodies, all different, all amazing tasting. I apologise for the low resolution images!

tn03hxrrfx0r.jpg

Second image is an assortment of fruit tarts (OMG, AMAZEBALLS CUSTARD!), dinosaur egg and chocolate chip muffins, and a deceivingly gross-looking tri-coloured cake that is surprisingly moist and fluffy and tasty and luscious and and and... just good okay. Trust me. I am a jeenierz.

do7aafb2esn1.jpg

I can safely say that yours truly is incredibly dumb in rationing her stomach space, because I didn't have room to try the other two thirds of dessert served... after eating at least 5 of each dessert displayed in the images. Too much good food in plain sight = brain freeze. Much woe.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Wow, confetti, that's a hell of a dessert spread.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Day 3: Lots and lots of pie. And cookies. And some kind of Chocolate chip bread.
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options

The array of desserts was awesome, but sadly, I have no ability to replicate such flavours when I want. Nothing beats having awesome talent like you, because you're capable of producing mouthwatering treats yourself! :)
  • 970Mikaela1
    Options
    1-tamales
    2-Turkey day stuff. Strawberry cheesecake. Trader Joe's cookie butter cheesecake. Banana cake. Baklava.pumpkin pie.pumpkin beer.more cheesecake.more banana cake.
    4-strawberry cheesecake, last of the baklava:(

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

The array of desserts was awesome, but sadly, I have no ability to replicate such flavours when I want. Nothing beats having awesome talent like you, because you're capable of producing mouthwatering treats yourself! :)

You can learn if you like. I've only been baking for a year or so; mostly I taught myself. I'll warn you though-- learning to bake is like opening Pandora's box. :laugh:
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    Day 4: Leftover Turkey Sandwich, Birthday cake (family member had a birthday on Thanksgiving this year), and some kind of chocolate chip bread...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Day 1: gingerbread cupcake
    Day 2: Thanksgiving food, hummingbird cake
    Day 3: gingerbread cupcake
    Day 4: carrot cake (had to throw out the rest of the cupcakes :disappointed:)
  • dunnodunno
    Options
    Three servings of Turkey Hill Egg Nog Ice cream.

Tomorrow I have some Edy's Peppermint Wonderland ice cream & an Andes Christmas candy (threw them in the fridge) logged.
  • 970Mikaela1
    Options
    1-tamales
    4-strawberry cheesecake, last of the baklava:(
    5-peanut butter pie. Strawberry cheesecake. Banana cake.

• Ninkyou
    Options
    Day 5 - Homemade (failed) Fudge, Califia Farms - Holiday Nog Pure Almond Milk
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Day 1: gingerbread cupcake
    Day 2: Thanksgiving food, hummingbird cake
    Day 3: gingerbread cupcake
    Day 4: carrot cake (had to throw out the rest of the cupcakes :disappointed:)
    Day 5: one of Mr. Acrylics' cinnamon raisin bagels and Jeni's brown butter almond brittle
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Finally getting around to posting!

Day 1: Red Lobster for lunch including Clam Chowder and Cheddar Bay Biscuits, later Apple Pie that my husband made in the flurry of Thanksgiving preparations he wanted time in the kitchen.... and some Graeter's Salted Caramel ice cream

957CBCBC-5E4B-4605-A962-018AF1A424E5_zpsxlw8xrpf.jpg

Day 2: All the Thanksgiving foods but was very disappointed in the dessert selection at this particular celebration, including my own contribution.

Day 3: Upgrading my dessert from Thanksgiving (Pumpkin Cheesecake) into Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake bars with Salted Caramel Glaze. Lots of taste testing to get it right.
    Original:
    06B2FEF4-4F3E-4A9C-805F-DDDA81539658_zpsagmx04sl.jpg
    Cut and Improved:
    D283CFA6-3439-4983-80F4-E7070B40D7C7_zpsmykqdszd.jpg

Also popcorn and raisinets at the movies...

Day 4: Thanksgiving part 2 and our family pumpkin challenge:
    23c6cbac-2d00-40d1-bc8f-1abe27d90cd6_zpsd33ea65c.jpg

Day 5: Pumpkin Bread, French Toast at family brunch, and a Gingersnap cookie last night.
  • dunnodunno
    Options
    Today had some Talenti Peppermint Bark (this flavor is alright, but not as good as their Egg Nog flavor) & Turkey Hill Malted Chocolate Chip
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    Day 6 - Sugar Cookie Toast Crunch Cereal.

Yup, damn skippy I got the Christmas cereals! lol
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Day 6 - Sugar Cookie Toast Crunch Cereal.

Yup, damn skippy I got the Christmas cereals! lol

I saw that yesterday. How was it?