Holiday Challenge

Options

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I went with the Sugar Cookie Pebbles for breakfast. Opening up the box, they smelled great. But they tasted disappointing. I won't be buying that one again.

And to have my bases covered for National Cookie Day, I had the Cookie Crisp for dessert (lol). I was mistaken. I thought it was Sugar Cookie Crisp, but it's actually Holiday Sprinkle Cookie Crisp. It pretty much tastes just like regular Cookie Crisp, just without the chocolatey bits. Would buy again just for fun factor.

So out of the 3 Christmas Cereals, the Sugar Cookie Toast Crunch was the best.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    1-tamales
    2-Turkey day stuff. Strawberry cheesecake. Trader Joe's cookie butter cheesecake. Banana cake. Baklava.pumpkin pie.pumpkin beer.more cheesecake.more banana cake.
    3-baklava and more baklava.
    4-strawberry cheesecake, last of the baklava:(
    5-peanut butter pie. Strawberry cheesecake. Banana cake.
    6- 1/2 pint talenti pumpkin pie.
    7- ^ other half of pumpkin pint
    8- whole pizza.
    9- 1/2 pint of old world egg nog and 65 grams of dryers cookie dough.

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Day 1: gingerbread cupcake
    Day 2: Thanksgiving food, hummingbird cake
    Day 3: gingerbread cupcake
    Day 4: carrot cake (had to throw out the rest of the cupcakes :disappointed:)
    Day 5: one of Mr. Acrylics' cinnamon raisin bagels and Jeni's brown butter almond brittle
    Day 6: homemade caramels
    Day 7: made Jack Daniels bacon mac and cheese for dinner. Talenti sea salt caramel for dessert
    Day 8: eggnog covered almonds, which were pretty good but not super eggnoggy. Mostly they tasted like white chocolate. And Hot Cocoa & Cream Peeps, which were very good.
    Day 9: homemade caramels and Hot Cocoa Peeps
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I'm not bothering with these whole lists, because... I just beta tested a new punch recipe, that I'm calling a Zombie Gun Club punch, a mix of a zombie and a Selwick's Gun Club punch.

Third glass was fortified with some huckleberry gin.
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Went through two packets of Royce Potatochip Chocolate today. Seriously worth the 2000+ calories.

And in case you haven't heard of Royce/tried it yet, it looks something like that:

royce-category-potatochip-mildbitter-mood3.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Day 1: apple pie
    Day 2: all the Thanksgiving stuff
    Day 3: pumpkin pecan cheesecake bars and movie theater popcorn/raisinettes
    Day 4: Thanksgiving Part 2 and Pumpkin Challenge
    Day 5: Pumpkin bread, Gingersnap Cookie
    Day 6: Steve's Coffee and Cinnamon Ice Cream, frosted holiday cookies (the little ones with the white icing and the nonpareils - love those!)
    Day 7: Graeter's Salted Caramel Ice Cream
    Day 8: Peppermint Mocha creamer in my coffee and a chocolate cupcake with white icing
    Day 9: Peppermint Mocha creamer, white frosted holiday cookies
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Went through two packets of Royce Potatochip Chocolate today. Seriously worth the 2000+ calories.

And in case you haven't heard of Royce/tried it yet, it looks something like that:
    [photo snipped]

Wow, that looks like something I'd need to get in a single serving! I heard the Lay's version was not so good, but I may need to keep a look out for this Royce...
  • 970Mikaela1
    Options
    1-tamales
    2-Turkey day stuff. Strawberry cheesecake. Trader Joe's cookie butter cheesecake. Banana cake. Baklava.pumpkin pie.pumpkin beer.more cheesecake.more banana cake.
    8- whole pizza.
    10- 2 smores quest bars. 2 home made pork tamales.

• Ninkyou
    Options
    Day 10: Sugar Cookie Toast Crunch
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Day 5: one of Mr. Acrylics' cinnamon raisin bagels and Jeni's brown butter almond brittle
    Day 7: made Jack Daniels bacon mac and cheese for dinner. Talenti sea salt caramel for dessert
    Day 8: eggnog covered almonds, which were pretty good but not super eggnoggy. Mostly they tasted like white chocolate. And Hot Cocoa & Cream Peeps, which were very good.
    Day 10: homemade caramel, Haagen Dazs Pralines and Cream, brown butter chocolate chip cookie

• dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options

[photo snipped]

Wow, that looks like something I'd need to get in a single serving! I heard the Lay's version was not so good, but I may need to keep a look out for this Royce...

Stay away from the Pringles Christmas flavors too.
  • dunnodunno
    Options
    1-tamales
    8- whole pizza.

What did you think of the S'Mores quest bar?

Today I had a serving plus of the Turkey Hill Whoopie Pie. Yummy!
  • 970Mikaela1
    Options
    dunnodunno wrote: »
    1-tamales
    8- whole pizza.

What did you think of the S'Mores quest bar?

Today I had a serving plus of the Turkey Hill Whoopie Pie. Yummy!

Only Tried 2 but I liked it. Didn't seem as sweet as the cookie dough. Will reasses tomorrow.
  • 970Mikaela1
    Options
    h3wicu37i567.jpg
    1-tamales
    8- whole pizza.
    11- felix fire burger

• dunnodunno
    Options
    Turkey Hill Chocolate Malt Chip & Andes Peppermint
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    Day 11: Bacon, Pizza & Chocolate.

That totally counts as holiday-ish, right? RIGHT?!!
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    :) Royce Potatochip Chocolate also comes in caramel, and cheese white chocolate varieties. Never tried the Lay's version, because I've never seen it in Singapore, but Royce produces the perfect chocolate to chip ratio. Thick layer of decadent, good quality chocolate, on a sturdy, crisp, crunchy salty chip, each and every time. The contrast is divine. Headquartered in Japan, I think Royce only has stores in New York and California for the States, though they do deliver to many other states.

The Caramel looks something like this:
    potatochip_caramel_sl.jpg

And the Cheese "Fromage Blanc":
    potatochip_white_sl.jpg

Think it retailed for about USD15-16 per 190g packet, the last time I was there.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was birthday cake for my mom's birthday, but I didn't take a picture before it was cut (white cake/buttercream frosting). Today, however, I got a lot at my sister-in-law's baby shower.

u7kkrzgsr22e.jpg

White cake with a raspberry chocolate filling

q8c9kd20u129.jpg

One of the best sugar cookies I've ever had. Plus the lunch was chicken and mushroom crepes. Very interesting.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Day 10: Baileys chocolate truffles