Holiday Challenge

Options

Replies

• dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Thomas Gingerbread with some White Chocolate Wonderful Peanut Butter & tonight one cup of Turkey Hill Whoopie Pie ice cream.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    So I went to get my bagel as usual this morning and since the Chanukah season is upon us they brought back this great treat which I just am crazy about. It's called Sufganyot.

It's kind of like a donut bit it sort of tasts like a funnel cake with lovely cream in it with powered sugar on top.
    PvfFikK.jpg?1

OMG I wish I had this in my life.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Day 1: gingerbread cupcake
    Day 2: Thanksgiving food, hummingbird cake
    Day 3: gingerbread cupcake
    Day 4: carrot cake (had to throw out the rest of the cupcakes :disappointed:)
    Day 5: one of Mr. Acrylics' cinnamon raisin bagels and Jeni's brown butter almond brittle
    Day 6: homemade caramels
    Day 7: made Jack Daniels bacon mac and cheese for dinner. Talenti sea salt caramel for dessert
    Day 8: eggnog covered almonds, which were pretty good but not super eggnoggy. Mostly they tasted like white chocolate. And Hot Cocoa & Cream Peeps, which were very good.
    Day 9: homemade caramels and Hot Cocoa Peeps
    Day 10: Baileys chocolate truffles
    Day 11: Haagen Dazs pralines and cream, Baileys chocolate truffle
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    Day 11: Holiday Sprinkles Cookie Crisp, Raisin Bread Pudding & 3 Musketeers Hot Cocoa mini
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    1-tamales
    2-Turkey day stuff. Strawberry cheesecake. Trader Joe's cookie butter cheesecake. Banana cake. Baklava.pumpkin pie.pumpkin beer.more cheesecake.more banana cake.
    3-baklava and more baklava.
    4-strawberry cheesecake, last of the baklava:(
    5-peanut butter pie. Strawberry cheesecake. Banana cake.
    6- 1/2 pint talenti pumpkin pie.
    7- ^ other half of pumpkin pint
    8- whole pizza.
    9- 1/2 pint of old world egg nog and 65 grams of dreyers cookie dough.
    10- 2 smores quest bars. 2 home made pork tamales.
    11- felix fire burger
    12- dreyers cookie dough
  • dunnodunno
    Options
    Two servings of Ben & Jerry's Half Baked Froyo.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Friday night I went to a concert with some girlfriends so we ate at a bar so that we could get in and out quickly. We decided to just do appetizers - potato skins, chicken tenders, spinach artichoke dip, and thai chili shrimp. Oh and beer. I haven't that much fried food in one sitting since starting MFP I don't think.

Saturday night we went to a holiday party so there were a lot of appetizers: buffalo chicken dip, meatballs, sliced brats, cheese and crackers, 7 layer dip, cookies. Oh and wine.

Sunday my 6 year old son had a homework assignment to help prepare a meal that reflected a holiday tradition from his ancestors. We decided to do ravioli, which is what my mother in law always made for Christmas Eve dinner. We just did frozen ravioli and a jar of sauce with a loaf of premade garlic bread so that he could really cook it all himself, but it was fun to have him in the kitchen. My youngest son got jealous of the time in the kitchen with mommy so he insisted on putting on the apron after dinner and making some break and bake cookies with me. Nothing we made was particularly complex but we had a lot of fun and I need to do that more often with the kids.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    dunnodunno wrote: »

Did you find that to be any good? If I recall correctly Amber told us months ago that it was not good.

I didn't like the base. It felt really hard and icy to me. But then, I usually feel that way about froyo unless it's soft serve. I've only had a couple of brands that I thought were good.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Friday night I went to a concert with some girlfriends so we ate at a bar so that we could get in and out quickly. We decided to just do appetizers - potato skins, chicken tenders, spinach artichoke dip, and thai chili shrimp. Oh and beer. I haven't that much fried food in one sitting since starting MFP I don't think.

Saturday night we went to a holiday party so there were a lot of appetizers: buffalo chicken dip, meatballs, sliced brats, cheese and crackers, 7 layer dip, cookies. Oh and wine.

Sunday my 6 year old son had a homework assignment to help prepare a meal that reflected a holiday tradition from his ancestors. We decided to do ravioli, which is what my mother in law always made for Christmas Eve dinner. We just did frozen ravioli and a jar of sauce with a loaf of premade garlic bread so that he could really cook it all himself, but it was fun to have him in the kitchen. My youngest son got jealous of the time in the kitchen with mommy so he insisted on putting on the apron after dinner and making some break and bake cookies with me. Nothing we made was particularly complex but we had a lot of fun and I need to do that more often with the kids.

Aww. I had a lot of fun learning to cook as a kid. I think I learned my grandma's bread recipe when I was about 8 or 9. I remember not being able to really knead the dough properly.
  • dunnodunno
    Options

Did you find that to be any good? If I recall correctly Amber told us months ago that it was not good.

Like with most Ben & Jerry's flavors I found it to be good, but not great. Like Acrylics said it was very hard while scooping it out of the carton & the froyo started to bend the first spoon I used to scoop it out. The only Ben & Jerry's flavor I could literally inhale in one sitting is Cinnamon Buns.

I should've had Turkey Hill's Chocolate Malt Chip or Whoopie Pie instead.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Day 5: one of Mr. Acrylics' cinnamon raisin bagels and Jeni's brown butter almond brittle
    Day 7: made Jack Daniels bacon mac and cheese for dinner. Talenti sea salt caramel for dessert
    Day 8: eggnog covered almonds, which were pretty good but not super eggnoggy. Mostly they tasted like white chocolate. And Hot Cocoa & Cream Peeps, which were very good.
    Day 12: Homemade caramels, talenti sea salt caramel

Planning to make some toffee shortbread cookies tomorrow night. :)
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    1-tamales
    2-Turkey day stuff. Strawberry cheesecake. Trader Joe's cookie butter cheesecake. Banana cake. Baklava.pumpkin pie.pumpkin beer.more cheesecake.more banana cake.
    3-baklava and more baklava.
    4-strawberry cheesecake, last of the baklava:(
    5-peanut butter pie. Strawberry cheesecake. Banana cake.
    6- 1/2 pint talenti pumpkin pie.
    7- ^ other half of pumpkin pint
    8- whole pizza.
    9- 1/2 pint of old world egg nog and 65 grams of dryers cookie dough.
    10- 2 smores quest bars. 2 home made pork tamales.
    11- felix fire burger
    12- 1\2 pint talenti caramel Apple pie with added caramel from the can experiment.

• Ninkyou
    Options
    Day 12: SCTC, Raisin Bread Pudding

Day 13: I'm having the same thing. Maybe add in a 3 Musketeers Hot Cocoa Mini.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Day 1: apple pie
    Day 2: all the Thanksgiving stuff
    Day 3: pumpkin pecan cheesecake bars and movie theater popcorn/raisinettes
    Day 4: Thanksgiving Part 2 and Pumpkin Challenge
    Day 5: Pumpkin bread, Gingersnap Cookie
    Day 6: Steve's Coffee and Cinnamon Ice Cream, frosted holiday cookies (the little ones with the white icing and the nonpareils - love those!)
    Day 7: Graeter's Salted Caramel Ice Cream
    Day 8: Peppermint Mocha creamer in my coffee and a chocolate cupcake with white icing
    Day 9: Peppermint Mocha creamer, white frosted holiday cookies
    Day 10: all the fried foods at a bar
    Day 11: holiday party appetizer smorgasboard
    Day 12: Breakfast with Santa (actually really good food), Ravioli Dinner, Chocolate Chip Cookies (pre-made dough)
    Day 13: More chocolate chip cookies
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Day 12: Homemade caramels, talenti sea salt caramel
    Day 13: Instead of cookies I decided to try out two new cupcake recipes today. One of them Mr. Acrylics has been wanting me to make for . . . a year or more I guess. It's a whiskey chocolate cupcake with whipped whiskey chocolate buttercream. I haven't tried it yet but the bit of frosting I tasted wasn't super sweet so I don't know how that will be. The other one is the Georgetown Salted Caramel Cupcake/Salted Caramel Buttercream. I'm a big fan of this one. I cut the salt in half though because I don't like things super salty and it seems about right for me-- just a hint of salty. I may need to add more for customers.

66311664-2008-4451-8119-77a6fdf3ae84_zps87289d6d.jpg
  • dunnodunno
    Options

Like with most Ben & Jerry's flavors I found it to be good, but not great. Like Acrylics said it was very hard while scooping it out of the carton & the froyo started to bend the first spoon I used to scoop it out. The only Ben & Jerry's flavor I could literally inhale in one sitting is Cinnamon Buns.

I should've had Turkey Hill's Chocolate Malt Chip or Whoopie Pie instead.

Wait, are you saying you don't like the Half Baked ice cream?????

Not that I don't like it, but it tasted pretty meh compared to some of the other flavors I've been eating recently.

Tonight had a cup of Turkey Hill Chocolate Malt Chip & almost three ounces of brownie brittle.