Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Seven Day Water Challenge

Replies

• carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    I am also a former Diet Coke addict. Gave it up two years ago and have not gone back (though the temptation is always there!). Someone told me that if I tried to drink it now, I probably would be disgusted by the flavor. I keep that in mind whenever I'm tempted.

I recently gave up sweetener in my tea so daily liquids are plain water or teas without sweeteners. That's it. No drops, mixes, add ins in the water. Okay, Propel water mix-ins after my long runs to replenish my electrolytes. But I have a major problem with dehydration so that is a must (and Carol can back me up on that one! ;) ).

She DOES get dehydrated!! Listen to the Tough Lessons podcast after our Nashville run in June.
    Stacy is one tough cookie though!! Keep up the greatness girl!
  • carolssalva
    I'm sad that I only have 2 more days of this challenge. And I think Jen wondered what I had in mind for next week. I got nothin. You guys have any ideas? I'll keep hitting the 2D Nail challenge for sure.
    What if we repeated this one in a few weeks? See how we do on our own and then open the next 7 day challenge on say, Dec 26th?? That would give us a jump on the new year.
    Thoughts??
  • I'm sad that I only have 2 more days of this challenge. And I think Jen wondered what I had in mind for next week. I got nothin. You guys have any ideas? I'll keep hitting the 2D Nail challenge for sure.
    What if we repeated this one in a few weeks? See how we do on our own and then open the next 7 day challenge on say, Dec 26th?? That would give us a jump on the new year.
    Thoughts??

You're going to trust us to drink water on our is own? That's very dangerous! LOL

Sounds like a great idea actually. We can all get through Christmas that way.
  • jeffreyschmitt34
    jeffreyschmitt34 Posts: 46 Member
    75 oz
  • 112oz of water & tried out some new running duds!b99g12rbsju8.jpg
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited December 2014
    U B Stylin Lass! ^^^

Got in 136 OZ Saturday.
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Too funny DebSue! I may not spend much, but when I do it is on fitness gear:)

80 oz so far. Shooting for another 16.
  • carolssalva
    Great job everyone. Sad that the water challenge is ending. I am going to try like hell to keep it up.

Hope you guys will join me in a few weeks when we try this again. Keep on chugging!!
    Thanks for helping each other and helping me!!!
  • Great job everyone. Sad that the water challenge is ending. I am going to try like hell to keep it up.

Hope you guys will join me in a few weeks when we try this again. Keep on chugging!!

I'll do my best 'going it alone'. :) Chug, Chug, Chug!!!

• kris3b
    Great job everyone. Sad that the water challenge is ending. I am going to try like hell to keep it up.

You aren't going it alone Jen. I am sticking with it for awhile. I don't feel strong in this dept. yet.

Great job everyone and thanks for the challenge Carol!
  • kris3b wrote: »

You aren't going it alone Jen. I am sticking with it for awhile. I don't feel strong in this dept. yet.

Great job everyone and thanks for the challenge Carol!

Yay Kris. :smile:
  • I'm in for the long haul :D Always seems to make a HUGE difference for me. CHEERS!
  • I'm in for the long haul :D Always seems to make a HUGE difference for me. CHEERS!

YAY DebSue!!!! :wink:
  • kris3b
    I must get back to this. Epic failure since it ended. Gulp!
    I must get back to this. Epic failure since it ended. Gulp!

Come on Kris. Let's do this together. Here's a cup for ya. :)
  • kris3b
    I did 64 ounces yesterday, which is good considering I was not at work. Shooting for 80 today. 16 oz already down!
    I did 64 ounces yesterday, which is good considering I was not at work. Shooting for 80 today. 16 oz already down!

Way to go.
  • carolssalva
    edited December 2014
    Epic failure here too Kris. Great job you've done lately, tho.

Need this again !! Going to ramp it up in a new thread Jan 1!
  • I've got my nose plugs, swim cap & water wings ready for another challenge (notice I didn't say bikini). :) Been inspired to hit my water goals daily & it seems to make a HUGE difference in appetite & fluid retention. Thanks Miss Carol for the original challenge! Muah!
  • I am ready for another water challenge as well. DebSue, no bikini here either! :blush:
    It's been 3 weeks since my last soda. I do not miss it. It's just been water, water and more water. It's helping for sure.