07/12/14 - 13/12/14 Weekly Post

Options
1235»

Replies

• loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Rus: I like your picks. Those ladies have been tremendous in their help and insight along with you.

I have been up and down the same couple of pounds lately so my goal is like yours to be able to maintain for now. And to get a fresh start in the New Year. I do plan on trying to get at least two fast in a week though. But it will be my non fast days that will be higher than I like. I want to enjoy all of my company during the holiday and not stress out. New Year new me..............
  • jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hi Orlcam, absolutely support suggested admin additions! Thanks in advance to those people.
    It's all gone a bit Pete Tong in this corner so am going to just get in 3 fasts before Christmas and be happy that I am in control enough to succeed with that.
    Gonna be nailing 2015 so watch for the smoke from the after burners!
    Have a good one all.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I fell into a carb hole the past days. So hard to NOT overeat. I swear, they make me hungrier and have more "cravings". On Thursday I totally overate. I had to lie down, my tummy hurt from eating too much. Haven't done that in months...

I suspect that starting the day with carbs as main component at lunch or early dinner is a VERY bad idea for me. Don't think it's only in my imagination, carbs DRIVE hunger for me. I also think the act of overeating is bad. Cause only a couple of hours later I continued eating...

It's so confusing, only the week before I felt so in charge. Even forgot to have dinner some days, because I simply didn't feel hungry. Oh, well. Saddle up for next week!

Edit: Oh, btw, ty for the honor :)
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Nice selection of admins - great to see this group going from strength the strength.

Hit a new low last week (in the way we hope for) and celebrated all weekend. Actually enjoying my fast day today.. Loving how I'm still losing weight just by being reasonably careful about what I eat during the working week (extra vigilant on FDs) and being a total glutton at the weekend. It's a magical balance for me as I simply couldn't live a happy life without cooking and eating rich indulgent foods when I want to.

Happy new week guys!
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Ack, seems the majority of us have been "enjoying life". That's a good thing...am I right or am I right...or am I right?! (good old Ned Ryerson) Heh...falling back feels like failing, but I need to shake that mindset...I hadn't experienced a week that I had gained until Thanksgiving (almost 4 months) and then that 52 lbs lost suddenly became a brick wall. Thrice I was within 1 lb of it, then the dam burst this week. Again, it's just a mindset...an apparition...going to enjoy the holidays and look at this as a resetting of my metabolism. Hopefully my sidestep doesn't cause anyone to loose focus (hope?)...if you make it through December unscathed then you are definitely a warrior in my eyes.
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    What does the job entitle and how is the pay? ;) Just kidding. No problem, although I really don't know, what you want us to do. I saw that I now have admin rights.
    You'll have full use of the company car (as soon as we get one) and other executive benefits (which I have yet to fabricate).

Actually, there isn't a whole lot we can do...if nothing has changed in the last month. We can't even delete overly offensive or ad related posts (even though MFP says we can)...we can only report them and wait (I think). We do have the ability to delete a whole discussion, but that would mean losing all "good" posts too. We also have the ability to change a discussion to an announcement and back, close a discussion (no further posts), and edit the primary post of a discussion. There is no "pinning" anymore (I think), and I'm not sure if you guys are given the option to change the logo/banner/title/definition of the group or if I'm the only one who can.

See...I've been doing it for ~2 months now and I'm still totally ignorant...easy!

But truthfully, you're already doing what a leader does (in my opinion), which is caring and conversing...giving your time. Now you're just "officially obligated" too (teehee).

• jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Snuck in a fast today while DH & DS were enjoying Disneyland and I was home trying to keep Christmas from killing me. So excited I got one day out of the way before the week began.

I am with you all in just trying to tread 5:2 water while I get thru the holiday season. Then like @jenimasmum I am going to kick into gear and work on losing another 10 by my birthday in April. So much easier to get back on the wagon when I know it will take me where I want to go. :smile:

@orlcam - Thank you for including me in that very prestigious list! I would be happy to serve MFPs best group. It is an honor.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Nice selection of admins - great to see this group going from strength the strength.

Hit a new low last week (in the way we hope for) and celebrated all weekend. Actually enjoying my fast day today.. Loving how I'm still losing weight just by being reasonably careful about what I eat during the working week (extra vigilant on FDs) and being a total glutton at the weekend. It's a magical balance for me as I simply couldn't live a happy life without cooking and eating rich indulgent foods when I want to.

Happy new week guys!

This is exactly why I love 5:2. I don't have to be perfect for it to work. Remember the days of regular calorie counting? One bad night and I was up 2 or 3 lbs. And the plateaus! Horrible. Just love the margin that 5:2 gives. I can actually include some foods I love. As long as I am vigilant M-F don't go off the deep end on the weekends, I will still lose weight. Yes, it's a magical balance!

Congratulations on your new low @EmmaOnTrack!

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Foamroller wrote: »
    I fell into a carb hole the past days. So hard to NOT overeat. I swear, they make me hungrier and have more "cravings".

I suspect that starting the day with carbs as main component at lunch or early dinner is a VERY bad idea for me. Don't think it's only in my imagination, carbs DRIVE hunger for me. I also think the act of overeating is bad. Cause only a couple of hours later I continued eating...

It's so confusing, only the week before I felt so in charge. Even forgot to have dinner some days, because I simply didn't feel hungry. Oh, well. Saddle up for next week!

Foamie - this is so totally me! Fell into the Christmas cookies, panetone and other carbs on Saturday and couldn't stop....started with proteins on Sunday and did alot better yesterday.

We're just Weebles. They wobble every now and again, but we are not falling down, no we are not. We stand back up and continue on! YES WE DO!!!

Is this working? It's just as much for me as it is for you :p

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    orlcam wrote: »
    flumi_f wrote: »
    What does the job entitle and how is the pay? ;) Just kidding. No problem, although I really don't know, what you want us to do. I saw that I now have admin rights.
    You'll have full use of the company car (as soon as we get one) and other executive benefits (which I have yet to fabricate).

But truthfully, you're already doing what a leader does (in my opinion), which is caring and conversing...giving your time. Now you're just "officially obligated" too (teehee).

Car is good...mine is getting pretty old and the next repair will be it's death sentence....

And thanks for the flowers!
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    jknight001 wrote: »

I am with you all in just trying to tread 5:2 water while I get thru the holiday season. Then like @jenimasmum I am going to kick into gear and work on losing another 10 by my birthday in April. So much easier to get back on the wagon when I know it will take me where I want to go. :smile:
    My birthday is also in April and I'm going to try to lose another 10 by then with you....