Paleo Reset, January 1st

Options
12346»

Replies

• lew0017
    lew0017 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Day 6 for me, still want the sweet treat after dinner, but hanging in there.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I guess this counts as day 1 for me, as today is the first day I haven't had any refined sugar. Even though there's still holiday candy lying around, and premium ice cream in the freezer, I focused on wholesome, delicious food and managed to avoid temptation. The sweetest thing I allowed myself was a fresh orange after dinner, to sort of cap off the day. Usually I have very little fruit, but my sweet tooth has definitely been activated by holiday treats and it will take several days at least (hopefully not weeks) to calm it down again.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Started to get cravings for chips, cheese and wine today, very strange as I started this 11 days ago and should be over that. Ate some carrots and had tea, soon will pass I'm sure.
    These cravings are quite normal at around the 2 week mark and beyond.Many people speak of having dreams of eating food they are not supposed to and waking up feeling as though they cheated.

I've done that! I didn't realize it was something commonly experienced.
  • mmnormand
    mmnormand Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Late to the party but I want to play too! I'm on day 9 of a Primal challenge so this group will be a great additional motivator. I eating paleo but allow small amounts of dairy (gf butter, raw cheese). My biggest hurdle is ditching sugar but I am finding fruit tastes so sweet that I really haven't had a problem yet. This is my third time resetting paleo/primal and I think it is much easier this go-round. Very encouraging.
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard