Dec 21 - Dec 27 Challenge Thread.

Options
Hmrjmr1
Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
Happy Sunday Folks! Got here early, I hope all is well with all of you. Just finished Module 5 of Primal Blueprint Cert. Whew! Awful lot of science behind eat plants and animals. and avoid poisonous stuff.

Happy Birthday Kevin!

Kris - Glad no one was hurt a bummer on your car.

So many Parties and good times Remember balance is the key have fun too!

Well I only got 5K steps in yesterday on the fitbit, but still doing fairly well in the Monthly Fat2Fit challenge there (5th) but right on the tail of a couple of em so we'll see how it rolls out. Definitely needed the rest yesterday.

Keep on jammin Folks! Keep your No guns handy, some extra ammo in your pocket, and consider this your concealed carry permit. Working on my 5X5 program for next month at the gym today. I love the sound of plates on a bar in the morning, it's the sound of Victory...

Replies

• jenniferyounginillinois
    Options
    Happy Sunday. Wow, I was loving last week's thread so much I totally forgot today is a new week. Getting ready to weigh in and do my weekly vlog.
  • easmythcrna
    easmythcrna Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone. I'm in a much better place now. Had a very stressful week. Wife had a horrible reaction to Sulfa based antibiotic. Basically anaphylaxis plus extra stress on her liver. She was 3 ERs in 2 days, then admitted Friday. She started improving yesterday and just said she is going to ask the doctors about going home today. (Big sigh of relief) Now we just have to wait for them to come around and see the improvement.
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Thanks hammer!
  • jeffreyschmitt34
    jeffreyschmitt34 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    DAY 21 LETS GO
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Sunday. Slow slow morning.
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Jen, same here! Chris Tinder and I both checked in today on the old thread. And I am supposed to be opening these threads! LOL, sorry. Thanks for opening the new one Hammer Jammer.

So yesterday I tried something new as I was inspired by the 2D nail challenge to do so. I did the 30min circuit workout at Planet Fitness. Haven't done machines in a while but the way they have it set up, you have to do a rotation of steps between each machine and your heart rate can get up pretty high if you want it to. I loved the red light/green light feature so I didn't have to think about anything. Loved it.
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

17 Miles this week Chris... WOW! that's awesome!

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone.
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone. I'm in a much better place now. Had a very stressful week. Wife had a horrible reaction to Sulfa based antibiotic. Basically anaphylaxis plus extra stress on her liver. She was 3 ERs in 2 days, then admitted Friday. She started improving yesterday and just said she is going to ask the doctors about going home today. (Big sigh of relief) Now we just have to wait for them to come around and see the improvement.

Good to hear that you and your wife are in a better place. Sending good thoughts all the way to Dripping Springs!

Carol
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Did a lot of sitting yesterday... work, wrapping gifts, watching the Nutcracker... but made up for this morning. 11 mile training run (okay, more walk than run), that definitely put some steps on my fitbit! :smiley:
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options

Glad she doing better! I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options

Rest Well Get Well to your Huney. Glad to read she's doing better.
  • Hmrjmr1
    edited December 2014
    Options

So yesterday I tried something new as I was inspired by the 2D nail challenge to do so. I did the 30min circuit workout at Planet Fitness. Haven't done machines in a while but the way they have it set up, you have to do a rotation of steps between each machine and your heart rate can get up pretty high if you want it to. I loved the red light/green light feature so I didn't have to think about anything. Loved it.
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

WTG Carol that's a Jammin' Good Time. Mine was Turkish Get ups. Not very good form I'm afraid but managed to do 5 per side, The Get downs were pretty easy but I've always been able to fall down well. B)
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Did a lot of sitting yesterday... work, wrapping gifts, watching the Nutcracker... but made up for this morning. 11 mile training run (okay, more walk than run), that definitely put some steps on my fitbit! :smiley:

Hooah Stacey!!! (*) (*) (*) (*) (*)
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Just thought I'd share this

wheelerwife.hubpages.com/hub/Random-Acts-of-Kindness-during-the-Holidayshttp://

Never know how the circle will close...
  • tindercd
    tindercd Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Just heard the announcers talking during the Cowboys game say that Demarco Murray drinks 24 bottles of water 24 hours before a game! So much water! Keep chugging away...I'm going to go drink a bottle right now.
  • aceronjr
    aceronjr Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Checking in (again) on the correct thread this time :D

Yesterday's carb night was OK, had a few nice treats but overall it was a mild carb night which is what it should be. This morning only gained 2 lbs in water weight which is pretty good following a carb night. I have found that on carb night I find savory carbs more satisfying than sweet carbs. Enjoy bread and pasta far more than say pastry or candy. Still enjoy ice cream and sugar can sweetened soda however :)

We'll see how I do tonight, have another Xmas dinner party to go to. Will try to avoid the carbs. Wish me luck!
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Checking in from my phone real quick. Had a great time at the party last night.
  • TJ_Gauthier
    TJ_Gauthier Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    We tried to go to the gym yesterday, for the first time in months, but we ended up picking up a dog that was wandering the Burger King parking looking for food. I guess that's a good excuse, lol. We're trying to find a home for home right now.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    TJ, did you guys check if the dog is chipped? Your local shelter can check it for it. If you know the breed contact your area's breed specific rescues or other rescues, they have to resources to help place and advertise the dog at various adoption sites. Tell them that you are willing to foster the dog and they might be able to help you with food. Vaccination, and flea preventive.
    Good luck and thank you for helping the dog. Arturo and I volunteer for a husky rescue and so we appreciate Good Samaritans like you
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Monday Folks! Hope all is well with all of you. Well my plan for yesterday went down the tubes in a hurry. Shortly after my first post encountered some mobility issues in my left shoulder, and since I'll be working Tues - Sat this week Dan and I had breakfast at Perkins instead of going to the Gym. I had a Ham and Cheese omelet with a double side of Bacon, thoroughly enjoyed the pancakes and syrup that were included, my No gun remained holstered. Stopped on the way home did some grocery shopping, and about the time I got home, the carb crash settled in. So instead of going Christmas Shopping, and looking for an RAK to do, took a nap.
    -
    After the nap got focused on Primal Blueprint Cert and got a bunch of that done, taking about a 5 min break every 20-30 min. Haven't had this much science since High School back in the 60-70's. Thank God for Mr Pittman my HS Biology teacher, and Herr Doktor Ebling my HS Chem Teacher. So far the cert classes are going fairly well, haven't kept track of my grade point average but I would guess its in the high 80's. It is a challenging process. Thanks everbody for all the likes etc as I post the completions,

Anyway during my school time took a break and got registered for Paleo Fx, for Dan and I. So Christmas shopping is done for family, still need to send out my Christmas Cards. Will get that done today.

TJ Bless you for looking out for the pup.

Arturo and Heron Hope the Christmas parties were fun. Jammin'!

Any way, Keep Rockin' and Jammin' Folks 2015 will be packed with opportunities to excel!
  • jenniferyounginillinois
    Options
    Good morning everybody. Good weekend, bad Monday. I'm down for the count today. Won't be eating much today I'm sure, just sleeping.

Hope everybody has a great day.