Dec 21 - Dec 27 Challenge Thread.

Options

Replies

• Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Folks! So glad to read so many posts of healing above, and Thank You all for the congrats on the Cert.

Sometime tomorrow I want each of you to take a moment and give your Huney a special hug, and tell them "That's a Merry Christmas from Hammer Jammer, for being there for one of his friends."

Merry Christmas All, and may God Bless each of you and all of you.
  • jenniferyounginillinois
    Options
    Good morning everybody on this what I hope is a good Chrismtas Eve.

Feeling better today but still not 100%. At work this morning, so we'll see how it goes. Maybe I won't have to stay all day anyway (fingers crossed).

Aaron, great news about your wife being able to be home for Christmas. YAY!!!!

I hope everybody has a wonderful and safe Christmas.
  • jeffreyschmitt34
    jeffreyschmitt34 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Day 24 prime rib tonight
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Aaron, glad your wife made it home for Christmas...and Jennifer glad you're on the mend also.

Happy Christmas Eve morning.

Have a massage scheduled this morning, and then baking to do. Traditionally I do a garlic/rosemary/horseradish crusted prime rib on Christmas Eve and off to a cousins for Christmas dinner tomorrow. Bringing dessert to that. Think a homemade German Chocolate cake which hubby and Mom love. Not fully decided what I'm making...yeah I know,tick tock. Off to store now to grab final prep items. Glad I typed this, because I did NOT have fresh horseradish in my fridge or on my list.
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas Eve yall! Great news Aaron and Jennifer!

Hope everyone has a good day, Merry Christmas Hammer! The scale said 223 this morning, it was 234 at the start of the month so I am pretty stoked. Going to be smoking ribs, a ham and a bunch of other things over the next few days, plus going duck hunting. Should be a wonderful Christmas break Lord willing. Hope yalls is as good if not better!
  • TJ_Gauthier
    TJ_Gauthier Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Awesome new, Kevin!
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas Eve! And it WILL be aa Merry Christmas in this house. My wife was released (she says paroled) from the hospital yesterday.
    Awesome Christmas gift!!! So happy for you Aaron!

I have been going back and forth but I for sure am going to do the Whole 30 challenge with Kristin and TJ. Would love to reset my tastebuds and not need the sweet taste I'm getting from artificial sweeteners. I know some are probably ok but I shouldn't want that taste so much. And dairy might be fine for me but I wonder what might change for me if I give it up for a while. I'm looking forward to doing it with you guys!
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    MarkMcElvy wrote: »
    I think life may start getting back to normal a little. I put my daughter on a plane back to Germany this morning and i am back to work for the second day in a row. Still working on the diet thing I have to learn how to cook for myself again, tall order after 20 years.
    I have faith in you Mark. (I'm still learning to cook over here.)
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    That's great news Aaron.

Congratulation Kevin that's fantastic! Keep at it!
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Yay Aaron! That is wonderful news:)

This goes out to all of you...

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Hope you are all having a great day. Special thanks going out to all of you for the support I have received over this last month. Usually a tough month for me for many reasons and I feel more at peace this year. Hallelujah!!!
  • kris3b
    Options
    Heron, Your foster is adorable. It is wonderful that you both do this. Makes my heart happy to know the pup has their forever home for the holiday:)

Jeffrey and Kim, Enjoy that prime rib! Ahhhh, a massage!

Kevin, WOOHOO on the weight. Happy for you! I am with you on liking free weights over machines. Although I like some machines for back and legs. The new gym I joined does not have many ladies in the free weight area so I haven't gotten the nerve to do it yet and choose to do at home. It take a few for me to get comfortable in a new gym. It has been years. The other gym I belonged to was predominantly weight lifters so it was easier.

Mark, With you and Carol on the cooking. Luckily my BF enjoys it. You should have seen my fridge in my single days. My freezer was pretty much empty other than some ice and frozen veggies and the fridge wasn't much better. I think I went five years without having meat or boxed food in my house. lol I was however MUCH thinner!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas Eve! Been a busy day of house cleaning, running last minute errands, and trying to pretend that it's my "be lazy and do nothing day"! LOL
  • leopardprintaholic
    Options
    WELCOME HOME to Aaron's Precious wife! Well Guys, Olive Garden went swimmingly last night, Hallelujah! Having the sauce over brocolli instead of pasta was totally yummy. It felt good to stay true to my "eating conviction." :) Today is my Carb Nite, so a sinfully decadent gourmet caramel apple will soon be finding it's way into my tummy (with no guilt). Thinking of you all tonight ... Be safe & REJOICE over the TRUE meaning of Christmas. Happy Christmas Eve to my favorite "Fitsters"!!! Xoxo ~DebSue
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Good Night and a Merry Christmas to all. God Bless each of you and all of you.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=vq83HcBEaW4
  • Hmrjmr1
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Happy Christmas All! Got this from my Sister Cathy for Christmas, Thought I'd share the idea

Memory Pillow made from Dresses my Mom and Grandma wore during Significant life events. White and Black from a dress Mom wore on her honeymoon, Blue Satin from the dress she wore to become a Job's Daughter, Brown from the suit she wore leaving her Wedding Reception for the Train to her honeymoon. Light Blue Embroidery pieces from a Kimono Grandma Ada received sometime before WWII. Very special thanks so much to my sis.

dmpkthhlerth.jpg
  • jenniferyounginillinois
    Options
    Merry Christmas fellow MFPers'. :)

John, the pillow is gorgeous and the story behind it is just beautiful.
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas, everyone!!!
  • kris3b
    Options
    Merry Christmas!

What a lovely gift John:)

Haven't worked out in a couple days. Also had two days of overindulgence on crunchy carbs, cheese, and sodium. Woke up congested, with an upset stomach and sausage fingers and swollen eyes (hives last night). Read an email this morning from Rachel Guy about addressing three things: carbs, allergens, and exercise. She seems to be watching me! Eating better starts now and think I am going to take advantage of the warmer, but rainy day and go for a walk:)
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas all! Today will definitely be a cheat day!
  • jeffreyschmitt34
    jeffreyschmitt34 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas