Let's GO!

Options

Replies

• hawksvixxen
    hawksvixxen Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    shummel53 wrote: »
    Finished cardio last night. Best one yet, but not yet "nailed it." Concerned I won't be ready for beta in 2 weeks.
    You could always repeat Alpha for another round, then go to Beta. Form is key - I've been trying to keep my knees up higher - which is a toughie for me!

Total Body Hell today - lordy that kicks my butt (and my wrist is giving me issues so I need to figure out a better way to modify the pushups and planks or get wrist wrap or something)

• Monnix39
    Monnix39 Posts: 127
    Options
    Completed Total and Abs...planks are my pitfall
  • BrendSherwood
    BrendSherwood Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Monnix39 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever missed a day and if so is it normal to feel such intense guilt ??? :(

Having that today, funnily enough. The kids are both coming down with a stinking cold so they're more than a bit demanding right now. Combine that with a couple of bad night's sleep and I feel thoroughly "meh" about the whole fitness thing!

Gonna have to try and do a double tomorrow morning before everyone gets up, but at the very least I'll hit Total Body.

If I have two days in a row off I know I won't get back into it. Basically guilt-tripping myself now!

Rant over. Much better. :)
  • hawksvixxen
    Options
    I feel guilty when I replace my T25 cardio workout and JUST do my zumba one instead. Both cardio but still - ....

That said, you gotta listen to your body. If you are exhausted, is it better or worse to try and push through...
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    shummel53 wrote: »
    Finished cardio last night. Best one yet, but not yet "nailed it." Concerned I won't be ready for beta in 2 weeks.
    You could always repeat Alpha for another round, then go to Beta. Form is key - I've been trying to keep my knees up higher - which is a toughie for me!

Total Body Hell today - lordy that kicks my butt (and my wrist is giving me issues so I need to figure out a better way to modify the pushups and planks or get wrist wrap or something)

I'm doing wall pushups. I don't feel like I'm getting the same effect, but due to my shoulder issue, i have to do it this way. I figure at least I'm moving. :-)
  • BrendSherwood
    Options
    Total Body out the way this morning. Doubt I'll be able to squeeze Abs in as well, not if the two snot goblins have anything to say about it, anyway!

I'm starting to not hate Total Body so much - I'd even go as far as saying I enjoyed it a bit today! Stockholm syndrome perhaps?
  • JuiceBoxJunkie
    Options
    Today is the start of week two! Legs are killing me! This is my 3 time restarting T25, I am going to actually follow through this time :) Everyone have a kick butt Monday!
    I know what you mean! This is my 3rd time restarting too!
  • JuiceBoxJunkie
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Agnes and although this is my third time restarting t25 I refuse to give up. I am in my 6th day of my fourth week of alpha. Although I have noticed that I have been sore more during week 3 and week 4.I just wanted to say hello to everyone!
  • skinny4me2be
    Options
    Rockin' Beta-day 1. Love it! Have a Great T25 week everyone!
  • hawksvixxen
    Options
    could NOT drag myself up early this morning to do the T25 cardio so I get that to look forward to AFTER work. Oy vey...
  • Monnix39
    Options
    Week 4 Day 1: 95% NAILED cardio today. You guys have been great motivators!
  • skinny4me2be
    Options
    @Monnix39!! Great job!! You will get stronger each week and find yourself doing less modified each time!

Today was Speed 2.0/Beta! I LOVE LOVE that work out!! Such a sweat fest!
  • BrendSherwood
    Options
    Been an odd week this one. I landed funny doing something (probably either in Speed or Cardio) a few days ago and have been nursing a sore ankle. Been trying to do the workouts (carefully) anyway but getting thoroughly fed up and disheartened with my lack of performance.

Did Abs today and I feel absolutely AWESOME after. Noticed a massive improvement compared to when I first did this video (even if some of the v-split type things are still a bit out of my league at the moment) so even though I know my stats won't be showing any great improvement tomorrow (too many trips to the biscuit tin this week!) I'm definitely getting fitter and stronger. Win.
  • futuresoonermom
    futuresoonermom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started this on Monday and am seriously sucking at it. The first day was decent, I'd say I hit the mark right BETWEEN Nailed it and Barely made it. But, the rest of the days have been so hard that I've really wanted to quit and barely made it through. :( And, as much as my husband thinks he's "helping" by doing it with me, it's just not. Watching him barely struggle through it while I barely keep up with Tonya modifying is tough and not very encouraging. I plan to let him know tonight that I need to do it alone but beyond that...someone please tell me this gets easier / heck, I'd take simply "do-able" at this point. Pity party for one - over.
  • BrendSherwood
    Options
    It does get easier! :)

The first week was a combination of awful and laughable for me (I still have zero coordination nearly a month on) and I can't say I've honestly nailed a single workout yet. But you know what? That doesn't matter. If you keep at it and (to cheesily quote Shaun T and the Beachbody brainwashers) Do The Best That You Can Do, you'll be able to do the moves better* and, more importantly, you'll be getting fitter and stronger.

*Except for Heismann Crosswords. They suck. No human can do those things.
  • Monnix39
    Options
    I've been dropping the ball for the last couple of days...My schedule has become increasingly busy and by Monday it will be back to something that I can commit to a bit better. I'M NOT GIVING UP!!!! :)
  • skinny4me2be
    Options
    How's everyone doing? Are we still fighting the fight? Keep on going! You will get stronger each day!!!
    I did Beta Dynamic Core today. Nothing like a good sweat fest in the early morning hours! :smile:
  • hawksvixxen
    Options
    Still fighting... last week of Alpha but we plan to start Alpha all over (so next week is Week One again) then we have a week vacation, then plan to hit it hard again upon our return. Between now and then, I HAVE to stick to it - the Caribbean will be swimsuits and shorts so...

Keep at it - you all can do this!
  • skinny4me2be
    Options
    One workout left for week2 beta!!! Love it
  • BrendSherwood
    Options
    Hey guys. Had to have a week off last week as the youngest oh-so kindly gave me her cold/flu/snotfest bug, so working out and eating properly was the last thing on my mind. So this week is my last week of Alpha and then (FINALLY!) on to Beta next week.

Despite not being able to give 100%, I still enjoyed Total Body today. Think I need help... ;)