MMH's: REVAMPED

Options

Replies

• Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Carol - yikes on the surgery - must be pretty major stuff if you're going to be off work for a month! i'm guessing you're right; you won't be able to use the shift (and probably shouldn't move the hand around that much til you're fully recovered?) just think of it as having your own personal chauffeur for a month; draft hubby and son into being your taxi driver! I remember breaking a few fingers years ago and the smallest things were the most frustrating with only one hand - couldn't open any jars or bottles, and trying to dry my hair had me looking like medusa a few times lol! Are you going to be in hosp for a while or is it day sugery? Will keep paws crossed you get some relief from the arthritis once the cyst is gone!
    -
    Milove - the flu can REALLY knock you out for a couple of weeks; even after the symptoms themselves are gone its gonna take your immune system a while to recover; take care of yourself for a few days more k??
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hey snooze..

It's a one day out patient in the same office. ...just in the surgical suite down the hall

And yes on everything you said. ...the surgery will be on my right hand and I'm a righty... and don't even want to think about the bathroom aspect. ...minor surgery with big impact on my lifestyle for the month or so. .

The doggone boss doesn't realize what I've tried to tell him. ...he thinks just because it's only one finger I should be ok to come back to work in a week or so. ....ugh...and that everything will be ok.....

Luckily not painful just that the cyst is next to the nail on my hand and is making a dent

And he doesn't realize that my other surgery was on the left side of my brain which controls the right side of your body. ...

Thank goodness I have a hand doctor that should write a good note

Carol:)

• Snooozie
    Options
    lol Carol... I WAS thinking the bathroom too..
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Snooozie- woohoo-smiley-emoticon.gif Your persistence and positive attitude paid off !! super-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif So happy for ya!!!! Here's a happy dance for you from the hatters! 0-a20.gif0-a20.gif0-a20.gif
  • seehe
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I was back on track yesterday:
    Yes- healthy food choices
    Yes- stayed within calorie goal
    Yes- drank 7 glasses of water
    Yes- Logged
    N/A exercise

Off to yoga soon and looking forward to another successful day- thanks for the inspiration Snooozie :)
  • charip
    charip Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It's great to see our little group is so active again! Seehe, I especially like the penquins doing a happy dance- so fitting, and congrats on getting back on track. Yay on the weight loss finally showing up on the scale Snoozie, persistence really does pay off. Only a few days till Feb. Gail, I know you'll be happy with what the scale says Feb 1st. Good luck on the surgery Thursday Carol, I'm sure you don't even realize how much you use that hand without even thinking, wishing you a quick recovery.
    Blizzard wasn't too bad here yesterday, but everything was closed, and lots of things are still closed today for cleanup- at least the power didn't go off, so since I was stuck inside and couldn't get out for a walk- I cranked up the music and danced ( like no one was watching, haha), burnt lots of calories. Only time I ventured out was to go with my boxer, little bugger won't go out in bad weather unless I go with him. Thought I'd be smart and put his coat on him and send him out to play, but he just planted his feet inside in front of the door and wouldn't budge till I got dressed and went too. Funny how fast he can high tail it back for the door while I fight my way across the yard in a blizzard!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Snoozie, well done for staying on track and seeing results! That's great you can actually cook at work. I'm envious! It really broadens your options - as long as you can think of quick things to cook apart from omelettes and scrambled eggs! I suppose you could do things like a minute steak to have with a salad or put in a sandwich.

I'm keeping on track surprisingly well at the moment. I think it really suits me to be in a strict routine for eating. I don't have an actual written list of rules, but I am sticking to the ones in my head (3 meals a day, no eating outside of meals, no sweet stuff - mostly!, no calorific drinks, portion control all the time). And there's a few more now since I started the weight loss class at my gym - no caffeine, no alcohol, no processed food, no wheat, no gluten, no cheese, no butter, etc. That's just for the first week, I think, then we can eat a bit more.

Good luck to everybody getting caught in the awful weather. It hasn't been too bad in my part of the world - just windy and wet, but supposedly blizzards on the way.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    seehe wrote: »
    Snooozie- woohoo-smiley-emoticon.gif Your persistence and positive attitude paid off !! super-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif So happy for ya!!!! Here's a happy dance for you from the hatters! 0-a20.gif0-a20.gif0-a20.gif

HOWLING!!!!! Riverdance... brought to you by the Hatters!!!! love it... sneaking in at work; will reply to all when home tonight but couldn't let the dancing happy feet go by without thanks!
  • milove1029
    milove1029 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies, snoozie you are setting a good pace, I ate strong today, over calories, I am not going back to counting to stay under till I am fully recover. The happy feet are so cool. My grandson is laughing so much at them.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    very weird.. I did a post over an hour ago here and just noticed on my app it wasn't there so came in to check and poof... its gone lol... maybe menopausal moment and forgot to hit post? well, was just my challenges and my decision to drop the exercise from my list for the next week.. altho I know its essential for my diabetes and overall health, this week I am focusing on the "80% in the kichen" part of my weight loss. Today is my free day and as such, wont be attempting to log my dinner out..

had a good day yesterday and plan to keep seeing those YESSES on hitting my daily goals!

My Wednesday goal results:

- YES - to paying attention to portion control
    - YES - to consciously focus on healthier choices thru the day
    - YES - to staying within calorie goal
    - NO - to 7 glasses of water (6)
    - YES - to logging today

(started my water a little earlier in the day yesterday..... but still only made it to 6 LOL)

Have a good day Hatters!! Now... hit the post button snooz!!!
  • seehe
    Options
    Vaillaura- good for you for keeping on track and holy cow, that's a lot to keep track of!
    Milove- hope you feel better really soon!
    Snooozie, great job yesterday !

Glad to see our penguin Hatter's Dance get rave reviews lol

I am happy with yesterday's progress:
    Yes- healthy choices
    Yes- stayed within calorie goal
    Yes-7 glasses of water
    Yes- logged
    Yes- exercised

Wishing all Hatters a Thrilling Thursdsy !

• milove1029
    milove1029 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Thanks Seehe. Snoozie & Seehe good job .
    Okay, let me try,
    I am very happy with today's progress
    Yes-to stayin under calorie goal,
    yes-to eating fairly well, yes to logging,
    no to exercising, (not ready yet)
    No-5 glasses of water
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Susan: huge congrats on meeting every single one of your daily goals that's AWESOME!!!! WELL DONE you!!!!

s0819.gif

and a bonus point for the fab penguins LOLOL!!!!

great job, really!!
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone. ..
    My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow at 1:30 in the afternoon. ..nothing to eat after midnight and only clear liquids until 7am. .....
    I should be back to work on the 17th.....

Just gotta get the boss on board. ...

Carol B)
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Milove - you should absolutely be very happy with your day... you did GREAT!
    even more so considering you're still recovering I might add..... huge kudos!!

- t2002.gif
    -
  • Snooozie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Valaria - so glad to hear your new system of keeping the rules in your head is working out for ya... and that you're enjoying the new gym/food routine! t15302.gif

-
    Charip - fab move cranking the tunes and burning off those calories while housebound!! excellent!

My basset hound used to do the same thing.. i'd open the door and she' plant herself on the ground til I threw on a coat and stepped out ahead of her... sigh lol! t0417.gif
  • Snooozie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Had a lovely dinner out on my free day today and enjoyed every bite of my dinner out; and decided to log it just out of curiousity when I got home - not too bad at all!! I skipped the appy and dessert and went with the garlic mashed potatoes Susan LOL!! A side of crisp green beans and various bell peppers and a steak topped with mushrooms and carmelized onions was delish and a wee bit of vino along with and I was a happy and stuffed camperi24052.png
    - - didn't even WANT a dessert cause din din was so yummers - there's a first for me!!

hmmm... ok.... yes.... I admit it... I LOVE these pics you showed us how to post Susan!!! I feel like such a tecchie now bahahahah!
    -
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Carol - will be thinking of you - know the surgery will go well and don't forget to recruit the boys as driver/kitchen/wait staff etc while you recover!!!
    -
    - p12008.gif
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Love the dancing penguins! Thanks for the smile.
    Yes, logging daily (even though my ticker doesn't say so)
    Yes, stayed under my calorie goal for several days except I went a wee bit over on Tues.
    Yes to water.
    Yes to some exercise, but not the duck pond lately.
    Still not 100% from the cough/sore throat/maybe allergies, but getting better!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Patrice!! Gotta LOVE all those yesses - how great does that feel??? Well done you!!
    - t2022.gif
    -
    glad to hear you're on the mend as well - both you and milove tho, make sure you rest when needed to heal up fully!