NM'isms & NM Memories

Options

Replies

• tlspindor
    tlspindor Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    From SylviaAnn
    Shut The Fricken Front Door!
    I weigh what? (I finally stepped on the scale - a dropped a little)

:)

Eat your veggies people! (add them to every meal when possible)

Drink your water people! (Always - always - always)

Find your balance people! (You can do it!)

Exercise (Yes - we all have to do it!)

Yesterday I discovered Pork Belly at Trader Joe's! Total Yum! Yes totally fattening! This is okay - once in a while!

My husband tells my brother, "You missed out on dinner last night, your sister made pork belly and it was sooo delicious!" Sam says, "What?! Shut the fricken front door - my sister made something fattening for you to eat?" Mark says, "Yeah! But she made me a double up on the spinach!

Pork Belly - another occasional indulgence.

:) Happy girl here!

Comments: 1-4
    Oh my............ always a funny tale from you Sylvia!

I weighed in today too, okay with it, but still working on it.

eating my veggies, check
    drinking my water, check
    finding my balance, check
    exercise, check

Doing the right things and YES, I agree, you can have something fattening once in a while.
    hwasilewskihwasilewski
    April 25, 2014, 4:38 pm

Hilarious, thanks Sylvia, you made my day.
    FerrisFerris
    April 26, 2014, 9:14 am

Sylvia, sounds like something worth checking out. That's one of the many wonderful things about NutriMirror. One can indulge occasionally.

Sounds like a trip to Trader Joe's is in my future.
    jcsteelejcsteele
    April 26, 2014, 12:21 pm

Hahaha that's what I do too... I made stuffed shells, but I added spinach to counteract the sat fat. :-)
    laurettalynnelaurettalynne
    April 28, 2014, 10:01 am

I just wanted to bring a little bit of Sylvia with me.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    ^^ Love it!!!
  • anewstart22
    anewstart22 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I love it too, I hope Sylvia joins us over here.
  • mygnsac
    Options
    I love it too, I hope Sylvia joins us over here.

I would be surprised if she did.
  • anewstart22
    Options
    Bummer, she will be missed for sure. :(
  • mygnsac
    Options
    TAMMY
    DRINK YOUR WATER!

c08viwiwh9mo.jpg

:D
  • anewstart22
    Options
    It's so quiet over there :'(
  • mygnsac
    Options
    It's so quiet over there :'(

I noticed that too. They are all drifting away.
  • anewstart22
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Well, I think I done saving everything I can in 2003 word. I'll have to make a file to take to a printer because I don't have a color printer. I am going to continue to log over there until the end and save those last logs too. I want to go out with pride and not quit because it's closing. Sometimes my pride gets in the way and I just walk if I'm angry, lol. I want to make a change in the direction I take with NM.

I still don't understand why it has to go away and why we can't buy a monthly subscription They are closing something that is so needed in this world. I never saw any arguments, everyone seemed to show everyone else respect. I hope we can continue that here because it's hard to find such a place in online journal rooms.

Peace be with you all.
  • anewstart22
    Options
    Of course I couldn't stop saving. I decided to save all of my menus as Health Reflection Reports after clicking Food Eaten on each one of them. This way I know exactly what portion of each item I should be eating. Whew, I'm glad I found a way to get menus. :D
  • mygnsac
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Final post by Jim Ray, NM Founder
    NutriMirror News
    January 12, 2015, 12:20 pm

"Fare thee well

5ols68ki3ljv.jpg

Pam and I each picked up a small stone from a Southern California beach and carried it with us on our El Camino pilgrimage through Spain (May-June, 2014.) After 300 or so miles of walking, we placed them upon a growing mound at a magical, transformative place called Cruz de Ferro.

rsyjybcsic6q.jpg

To pilgrims, this placing of the stone ritual represents the shedding of weight; a giving up of the baggage that interferes with the pursuit of a more meaningful, happier life. Within each of the millions of stones that lie at Cruz de Ferro is a story of hope and change.

A wonderful truth all members of our little NM community well understand was affirmed by the fellow pilgrims we encountered during our El Camino journey. Wherever travelers who share a difficult path of worthy purpose meet, great kindness abounds.

It occurred to me while reading each of the generous and heart-warming posts since our closing announcement, that NM is much like a Cruz de Ferro. People came here for a worthy, common purpose – to live healthier lives. To become healthier, each of us has reflected upon our ways – the mindsets and habits that were making us less than healthy. One difficult change at a time we have struggled to modify those old mindsets and behaviors; to shed unhealthy, deeply ingrained baggage we may have been accumulating over a lifetime. We may fall. But we never quit.

And like the El Camino, NM travelers only act kindly to one another. Here, each of us proves again and again - through our daily interactions with one another - the old maxim – “to give is to receive”. NM, too, has been a magical and transformative place. Love flows here. I will miss it … and you.

Sometime back, one of our NM travelers took to calling me “papa” (I think she lives in Henderson, Nevada.) I kind of hoped that was a one-time thing because, for some unknown reason, I just wasn’t comfortable with wearing that title. Then, it took root and spread to the point where many of you began to call me “papa”.

In this – my last post – I will assume the role of “papa” and leave you with a little advice.

Pick up a small stone and carry it with you.

If a more meaningful, happy life is your pursuit, there will always be work that needs doing. Let the stone serve as your reminder to stop and reflect from time-to-time. What internal baggage are you carrying that needs shedding? After all, only the examined life is worth living (with all apologies to the old Greek.)

You’ll always be in my heart. Fare thee well!"
  • mygnsac
    Options
    ebrkytqrembo.jpg
  • anewstart22
    Options
    This video of Pam and Jim is really cool, they walked 17 miles in one day during their vacation last year in Spain for the pilgrimage 400 mile walk. Neat!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uZutweBSAaU&feature=youtu.be
  • mygnsac
    Options
  • arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Options
    Well, I just found out you can have a post all ready to go and hit a wrong button and have it all disappear - just like NM. :) And for now I won't try and rewrite. Have a great day.
  • tlspindor
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    TAMMY
    DRINK YOUR WATER!

c08viwiwh9mo.jpg

:D

Okay I will!!! Thanks for the reminder!! :D<3

• tlspindor
    Options
    countrytart.blogspot.com/2015/01/may-smiles-continueplease-sign-up-here.html

I saw this on a old post that Lynn Matava made a comment on "Susano and I are starting a new project together in pursuit of on going balance. We will begin with a newsletter.

I hope the link works. I haven't seen a post about this yet in the NM JR from Lynn but hopefully she will put one out.
  • mygnsac
    Options
    tlspindor wrote: »
    countrytart.blogspot.com/2015/01/may-smiles-continueplease-sign-up-here.html

I saw this on a old post that Lynn Matava made a comment on "Susano and I are starting a new project together in pursuit of on going balance. We will begin with a newsletter.

I hope the link works. I haven't seen a post about this yet in the NM JR from Lynn but hopefully she will put one out.

She mentions it in her latest Serving Up A Smile post. I signed up.

• arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Options
    There's a column by Lynn in the NM JR now. Sounds exciting - something to anticipation.

I have the have to things done this morning so am just waiting for hubby to come home and tell me if things are all working out. Then we'll book a motel and eat. I've opened my fitbit. Maybe I'll try setting it up - if it doesn't take a long time.