Every day chats!

Options

Replies

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    aaliceinw wrote: »
    the biggest part of the battle is the mind!

Agreed, Alice. I have been focused on getting to 169 for over a month now and it just seemed like it wouldn't happen. Then yesterday, I decided to put a little weight loss chart on the freezer to track my weight between now and the end of June when I will be attending my high school reunion (40 years). I was struck by the fact that the 169 was no longer a goal, but rather an uneventful blip on the chart and suddenly in my mind it was no longer this big, hard-to-reach goal. Sometimes, I find the art/science of how the mind works to be a bit weird.

Jen - Hope you're still recovering well.

Cindy - I worked in a male dominated field back in the day. I say, girlfriend, you go show them how it's done!

Liz - So impressed with getting everything ready for your move. Hope it all goes well and everything doesn't get too wet.

... and to all of our L.O.S.T. friends, have a Happy Hump Day!

• EMCOX5412
    EMCOX5412 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is quite busy and getting on with things. I enjoy reading your updates and hearing how everyone is doing. I don't write as much as I should. I am feeling much better, celebrated my 3rd anniversary with my husband on Monday, pretty low key but clearly over and that's ok. I have had a couple of really good days which feels good and hopefully can continue. I believe that this group is helping, so thank you all.

The weather here in MA is finally warming up, it has been 80 since Monday and oh what a feeling that is, since our winter was the longest, coldest and snowiest (in the shortest amount of time). We had over 10 feet of snow in about 6 weeks. Enough of that SUMMER IS COMING... YEAH...

Have a great day everyone..
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I have been focused on getting to 169 for over a month now and it just seemed like it wouldn't happen. Then yesterday, I decided to put a little weight loss chart on the freezer to track my weight between now and the end of June when I will be attending my high school reunion (40 years). I was struck by the fact that the 169 was no longer a goal, but rather an uneventful blip on the chart and suddenly in my mind it was no longer this big, hard-to-reach goal. Sometimes, I find the art/science of how the mind works to be a bit weird.

Fantastic NSV Marcella!
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Happy belated anniversary EM. Very, very happy spring time! Enjoy the warmer weather and all the pretty flowers and trees. :)
  • jhaugen445
    jhaugen445 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for reminding me to take time to heal. I'm retiring my super mom cape, for now! ;) Your posts make me laugh, smile, and encourage me each day! :)
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Hello My Lovely LOST Ladies~
    It made my day to pop on here and see all the check ins!!! I am truly struggling with the sleep thing this week! Haven't gotten more than 3 hrs a day since Sunday...I feel like CRAP and my energy level is in the POOPER! I am going to take an ALEVE PM tomorrow and try to squeeze in at least 6 hrs. Kyli has prom this week end so we are busy with, final dress fittings, hair and nail appointments etc, she has two big projects due for 2 of her classes and wouldn't you know it...someone hit her car in the school parking lot!!! Not a ton of damage but enough...they split her bumper, and it was a local cops daughter so the school resource officer tried to really down play it and my daughter has been VERY STRESSED OUT and upset over it! She puts a lot into her car. She has decked it out in pink rims, pink wiper blades, she even has those car lashes on her head lights! The officer did not notify her that her car had been hit for 5 hrs after the fact, then he refused to let her go out and look at the damage, he told her there was "just some paint swap, no big deal, she didn't need to go see it!" She then went to her next class and asked her teacher to write her the pass to go out and check it and she found that the bumper not only had the paint swap but had actually split the bumper. He told us there was not $1000 in damages so he wasn't going to make out a police report but he HAD to provide us with the girls insurance information. Well I called the insurance company and they said they had no such car insured so I called the contact number provided and that was wrong as well! Needless to say I then got pretty ticked off myself. I called the police Dept and spoke with his supervisor and that's how I found out the car owner was actually another cop. I got the correct phone number and luckily he was very nice. His daughter had gone home and told them what had happened and admitted the damage so he was aware that it was NOT just paint swap. He asked if they could have the car repaired for her and pay out of pocket rather than go through the insurance and have their rates go up. I told them it was fine, I didn't even care about getting the paint buffed out, I just wanted the bumper repaired. So now we have added car repairs into our crazy non sleep existence this week! YEAH me LOL!!!

Em~ We are NEIGHBORS...I live in NH! I'm hoping to get to enjoy some of the beautiful New England weather we have been getting Blessed with SOON! I can't wait to do some mountain climbing with the hubby! Our White Mountains are good for the SOUL!!!

Julia~ I'm not taking anymore from the egotistical jack wagons! I'm showing them some serious Girl Power!!!

Liz~ I hope that light shines BRIGHTLY at the end of your tunnel! So you can enjoy some time gardening! My poor yard looks horrible right now...we lost quite a bit of my gardens to the winter this year! I lost my beautiful Rosy Sharon bush :'( and one of my favorite rose bushes! :'( So I too need to find more time in a day so I can re landscape part of my yard!

aalice~ I too would LOVE to learn some of your yoga moves...I could use a little of your energizer bunny energy!!!

Jen~ So happy to see your smiling face! And to hear that you are being good to your self! KUDOS to you!!! and big ((((HUGS))))) from me!!!

Well I have written this in several small parts and am putting it together now....I hope it makes sense! Being this tired is making me a little loopy lately! Have a FAB_U_LOSS evening my friends! Sweet dreams to each of you! XOXOXO

• aaliceinw
    Options
    Cindy I wasn't sure about posting the yoga stuff here, so I created another discussion post for things like that so that it can easily be found by others later.

Liz I had inboxed you, did you get the yoga details?

Jen so glad you are giving the Supermom cape a rest :D

I have to get to work but will post the links there later.

Hi everyone else I'm not being rude, I just have to dash off.
  • EMCOX5412
    Options
    Cindy good for you for sticking to your guns and following through. And good for the father who wants to do the right the thing. Great lesson for your daughter to learn... so glad she went out and looked at when she did. life's little bumps and bruises along the way... have a nice day
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Hi All!

Thank you Alice, I got them.

Everyone have a wonderful day!
  • barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Just wanted to say hello from Taipei! I'm having a great trip And it is SO EASY to eat healthy here! So much fresh steamed food and the 7-11 (one on every corner) stocks fresh salads, cut fruit, and veggie noodle dishes.
    Hope you all are doing great
    Barb
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Happy travels Barb!!! I am so glad you are finally some where you have a lot of awesome food choices. Enjoy your trip!
  • EMCOX5412
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! Rest day yesterday back at it today... The weather is looking nice what could go wrong. Happy Mothers Day to all you mom's out there... have a great weekend..
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Happy Friday Em! I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Have a great weekend, everyone!
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Have a fabulous weekend everyone.

I have to switch to strength exercises. My ankle is fully healed but I had to get the walking stick out again because I have damaged my tendon on the same foot. This time I was not doing anything strenuous it is just from walking up the steep walkways yo my office. They have given me access to the reserve parking again at work.
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    LOOOONG ROUGH WEEK...Didn't sleep most of the week...having a tough time adjusting back to nights at work. After 5 times swearing she wasn't going...for 5 different reasons...she's finally at PROM and I am WIPED!!! I will check back in tomorrow! I hope you all have a wonderfully FAB_U_LOSS Mother's Day!
    6u225teqky1y.jpg
    hy5emomu7vdg.jpg
    1gshc5cefidi.jpg

• mysticlizard
    Options
    What a beautiful young woman your daughter is Cindy. I love her dress and corsage, just beautiful. I hope she makes wonderful memories. Another milestone for you as well. Try to get some rest and take it easy.

Alice, I am sorry about your foot. Tendon pain is the worst. Keep exercising them and take your time.

We have most of the furniture moved. Now we just have misc. stuff like closets left. I am glad we are almost done.

I hope everyone has a lovely Sunday.
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    You and Daddy must be so very proud of your daughter Cindy. She looks absolutely gorgeous in that royal blue dress too. I hope that she had the most amazing time. Do try to get some rest. I will post the yoga post tomorrow. I have just been busy with small but necessary things. I'm not going to do the BL 18 but I will explain why in another post.

Liz I may forfeit the second 6 months of my subscription at Curves so that I can build strength and swim but I will first see what the physio says and how that treatment goes. I'm really missing the 5km Park Walks and just walking in general (I mean outside of the normal steps). I also miss working out properly and being cautious all the time. I understand that my body is telling me to slow down and do things the right way to avoid worse injuries, but now that I am active again, it feels like torture in a way. I'll do what it takes though to get safely healthy again.

I most certainly will put you in my pocket when I finally find my new place and have to move again :D

Marcella, I do hope you had a fantastic Sunday. How is your garden coming along? Is anything sprouting yet.

Jen, I hope you are relaxing completely and since it is Mother's Day, that you got spoilt to bits too :D

EM I hope you also had a fabulous Mother's Day and that the weather held well for you.

Barbs, pls send us "postcards" from Taipai! How long are you there for and when do you get to be home a little? Glad you are enjoying the food.

Hugs to everyone. I hope you all had beautiful days. This is one of the people I spent my day with today....

qgp6cp3xby9z.jpg

• mysticlizard
    Options
    What a cutie!
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Hello My Lovely LOST Ladies~ I hope you all had a wonderful week ends and the Mother's Day you each deserve....being treated like the queen of your universe! I got a nasty visit from TOM! But other than that it was very nice! I took y Mom and Aunt to play BINGO...while I was gone my hubby made me Chicken Marsala (my favorite meal he cooks) and bought me a dozen BEAUTIFUL roses! Kyli came home and went to BINGO with us (her 1st time) and she made me a home made card (my favorite thing in the world) she made me a beautiful necklace in jewelry making class and she go me some strawberry plants to plant out near our wild blackberry bushes!
    Kyli had a lovely time, at the prom, although she said the food was GROSS LOL! The served chicken broccoli Alfredo ( which is a FAVORITE of hers) but she said it was NASTY!....She tried something from the desert table and she said it was even worse! So they all left there hungry! But they had fun none the less!

Liz~ I'm so glad your move is coming to an end! I remember the stress when we moved in here...not my fondest memory LOL!

aalice~That is one HANDSOME Lil man!!!! I will miss you immensely in BL 18...hope all is well! I was happy to see we were going to be on the same team again! I NEED to get back in to a good routine again! Things have been hectic for the past 3wks straight for me. First getting ready for my training trip, then the week of my trip and this past week dealing with Kyli's prom! Hopefully I can buckle down for ME a little again now!

Julia~How is the gardening going? Maybe I can hire you for mine this year LOL! I haven't found the time to even begin!

Em~ I hope you are enjoying this lovely weather! I think we may have some CRAZY stuff coming our way!

Barb~ Will you be home soon? I can't even imagine traveling as much as you have lately! My one week trip has thrown me off too much! Sending hugs and great thoughts your way!

Karen, Noodle, Megan....where are you???? I miss you!!!!

Have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends! I'm going to go start getting back on track...RIGHT NOW...time for a work out!!!