Every day chats!

Options

Replies

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    MdwstQT wrote: »
    I hope everyone is doing well, I've been MIA for sometime now. Life consumed me and I fell back on old habits.

Light is shining through and I'm ready to get back on the saddle. I've missed soooo much, I'm going to try to catch up.

Welcome back. I'm doing a little bit of catching up right now myself.
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Hello My Lovely LOST Ladies~
    I just popped on for a minute but wanted to tell you how happy I got seeing your ladies back! Your truly made my heart sing!
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Moments from yesterday.
    My father with my grandson.
    My son's friends from France and my other boys.
    Flamenco dancers at the show yesterday.
    Decadent dessert. ;)

hz3lzt9nny2j.jpgan9k7tq04jdpz.jpg
    d9jsavoe9swd.jpg
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Sorry the flamenco dancers disappeared

8uxatpar9h74.jpg
    Have a wonderful weekend beautiful people :)
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Alice - Love the pictures, especially the one of your dad with your grandson. <3
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Alice, What wonderful memories. I am so glad you were able to gather with your family and friends and have such a nice time.

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. :)
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    There are people from 7 countries in the group photo. England, France, Algeria,Zimbabwe, Senegal, Jamaica and South Africa. 5 of the nationalities are in my family ;):)
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Alice~thank you for sharing your beautiful family and memories with us!

I hope you are all having a FAB_U_LOSS week end! <3
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Beautiful Alice!

I hope you everyone had a great weekend. Here's to an awesome week.
  • EMCOX5412
    EMCOX5412 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, hope this finds everyone well.. I joined a fitness challenge at my work, I am way too old to be doing that, and used some muscles in my upper thighs that I have used that way in a long time. We will check back in, in 3 months the person who has improved the most will will, 1st prize is $500. I went to work and vowed that I would not take the elevator, which I did not. I have two sets of stairs that I take all the time. But boy could I have taken the elevator easily. LOL.
    Then over the weekend they still hurt so much that I didn't go to the gym either, and today I was just lazy. I did log every day and was only over a couple of hundred a day, which sounds like a lot, but I don't feel that it was... Plus I have a harder time watching what I eat on the weekends anyway, usually too many Budlights... I will get 10,000 steps today, and then hit the gym first thing in the morning and get back to my usual routine...

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!
  • jhaugen445
    jhaugen445 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I totally understand not having a full signal. I could eat and eat and eat some more. I don't know if I don't have one or have ignored it so long that I can't "feel" it. I have to go by portion size and calories. I do have a hunger signal but I think it may be "broken" too. One can't be hungry all the time! ;) So I have to eat "by the clock". It is now time to eat again.
    I'm starting back to tracking my food today. The weekend was a wonderful time with family and friends. My oldest son, James, graduated from high school. I couldn't be more proud of him. (I'll post a picture of him when I get them downloaded from my camera.)
    Along with celebrations comes a lot of food. Most of it not of a nutritious variety! I've got to get all the left over cake and ice cream out of the house!
    I saw my doctor yesterday and he cleared me to "ease back into my life". Some things are easier to "ease" into than others. I'm trying not to put on my "super mom" cape yet. But now I can get "moving" again even if it is slowly!
    I'm praying for those of you who are mourning, struggling, and just dealing with life! May you all have the strength you need for your individual situations! Hugs to all of you, my friends! :)
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Hi Jen! It is good to see you back. Congratulations on your son graduating. Yes, leave your cape in the drawer a little while longer. It is so good to see you feeling better. ((hugs))

Cindy, Your daughter should be graduating too. How are you holding up? ((Hugs))

((hugs)) to all you awesome ladies. It is hump day tomorrow, we are half way through he week. Hang in there!!!
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Well done on your son graduating Jen and you must be welling with pride right now :). I can wait to see the photos. Listen to your doctor when he says, "ease back"! You've been wearing the Super Mom cape for many years, give it a little longer for vacation and resonating recuperation. When you put it on again, set it to "just crusin'!"

Hiya Liz, thanks for holding the fort as we all seem to be falling apart at the moment :) . How is your new garden coming along?

Cindy. Hang in there. Do what we are doing at work - go back to basics. The body cannot lose weight if we are undernourished and over tired. It won't burn fat no matter how much we exercise because it wants to preserve us. Take it it easy, slow down and you also be gentle on yourself as you keep telling me (and thank you for that).

I was just popping in quickly to say, I still log everyday but was finding it difficult to communicate - darn Mercury Retrograde!!! (Look it up if you don't know what it is and and lot of things will make sense about the past few weeks!). Anyway, I won't be in as often to chat because I'm busy with the formalities of buying a home and also transitioning from my current contract, which ends in August to a new position. I've been offered a permanent position and initially said no, but think it might be wiser for me to say yes. I've also been asked to present to my CEO. A massive turnaround from being totally unheard and the person everyone saw as the enemy.

Step into your power ladies and fully own it for yourself, not for any other person on this planet, no matter how much you love them! Do it for you and you alone, all those around you will benefit anyway!

Don't let fear stand in the way of anything! Remember it is an emotion, the same as happiness is an emotion. When has happiness every stopped you from doing anything? - it never paralyses you. Fear cannot paralyze you either - only you can stop yourself from always moving forward! Remember my diving story, 40 dives being terrified to get in the water... I did it anyway and completed my advanced diving, rescue diving and have 80 dives to the belt today. Am I bragging? You bet! That is one of greatest personal achievements because I had a real phobia of water having almost drowned and been rescued twice, and I also could barely swim! The days when I feel really down and need to get inspired, I say to myself, you did that... You can do anything!!

Yaaaaay! I got my mojo back.

Oh! And the ankle. Off the crutches since last Friday. Taking it easy. Working from home when I can so I don't have to drive so much and I only go back to Curves on Friday. Physio is very happy with my progress. I will stick to little exercise and healthy eating, since that is what seems to be best for me.

Have a wonderful week my dear, dear, beautiful, wonderful and magnificent ladies!!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Yay Alice, House and job!!! How awesome!!! And diving after nearly drowning, you are so brave! I hope you have an awesome rest the week and weekend.

My garden is still not in. All my plants are living on the porch. We have come up with a couple of more kitchen projects, we installed a new stove that we had to alter cabinets and counters. Then the fridge went out and the new one we bought is bigger than the old one and we have to cut cabinets and counters for it. The girls are out of school so this week has been a wash with getting into the new routine of summer. I am introducing a new cleaning and maintenance routine in the household to more efficiently keep the house cleaned and maintained and teach the girls more skills they will need when they move out. I am just happily floating around in utter chaos. I know I'll get it together in another week. I am managing to log my food so it is a victory. :)
  • jhaugen445
    Options
    Thank you, Liz and Alice! :) Some powerful words about fear, Alice. I really needed to hear that. Thanks again!
    All I can say is: You go girls!!! B)
  • jhaugen445
    Options
    0oht1p85ijq5.jpg
    qzorl61gvu9q.jpg
  • jhaugen445
    Options
    cv4qpoaunebl.jpg

Standing is my graduate, James. Kneeling are my twins, Caleb and Adam
    Laying is my Noah! :)
  • jhaugen445
    Options
    In top two pics, first one is my graduate, James III. Second is my boys being their goofy selves. Love it! Trying to hold James are Adam, Noah, and Caleb. :)
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Jen - Love the pictures. Such a handsome young man!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies...I got some terrible news this afternoon ...my mom has passed away ....I have decided to take some time off...I am not in the mind frame to do this journey at this time ....I hope to re connect with you ladies one day but ....wishing everyone well on your goals ....Megan