NSV: Non Scale Victories!

Options

Replies

• lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Since I started on my weight loss journey in June 2014. I have lost 46.5 inches over all. Don't have a goal on inches but,.......I feel very happy with the inches lost so far.

Holy crap, that's awesome! It's nice to have yet another number to gauge your progress by.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Yes, great job everyone!
    Oh, and I am getting *very* close to being able to complete an unassisted pull-up - I just have to get a little bit past the bar.

This is amazing. It's on my list of goals for the year, but I'm skeptical about my ability to do it. When I do the machine at the gym that assists you the amount of weight it assists me with is still much higher than I'd like, but I'm working my way up.

On slightly embarrassing NSVs, I had started the 100 pushups app a while ago, but had to be honest with myself about the fact that what I was calling pushups weren't really. I was going halfway down and couldn't go all the way down and get back up. I had to back way up and start working again on a bar. I only just realized that I CAN now do a full pushup--hadn't actually tried one on the floor in a while and I still have a weird hesitation about going all the way down when I'm on the floor. I can't do many, but it might be time to restart the app.

Ditto on the pull-up goal. It's one of my goals for the year!

I also only go half way down on my push ups. I realize that they aren't "real" push ups, but I just try to go a little further down every day. Eventually I'll make it all the way down. Great job on your progress!
  • ChristinaLeeConway
    ChristinaLeeConway Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I went to zumba today for the first time in over a year!!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    A PRIVATE GYM ON A SATURDAY MORNING...IF THAT'S NOT A NSV WHAT IS? (it only lasted 5 minutes before others showed up)

Started the day with an early Saturday morning workout (burned 350 calories doing 60 minutes of Walking treadmill gym 3.2. mph)

Then a “patriotic breakfast)…
    Have a great Saturday morning everyone! Bob :D

20150207_045045_Planet%204%20thirty%20sat__zpsdgolv11h.jpg

20150207_064952_breakfast%20blank%20129_zpsefpribzk.jpg
  • krp97
    krp97 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    NikonPal, you amaze me. You were on the treadmill at 4:30am on a Saturday, that is dedication!! Good job!! The private gym was your reward for your dedication. ;)
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Inches lost since we started!:

Waist: 1 inch
    Stomach: 1 inch
    Thigh: 0.75 inch
    Chest: 0.5 inch

:)
  • NikonPal
    Options
    krp97 wrote: »
    NikonPal, you amaze me. You were on the treadmill at 4:30am on a Saturday, that is dedication!! Good job!! The private gym was your reward for your dedication. ;)

My wife might call it something else -- maybe - "Deranged" as in having a "loss of contact with reality". Just joking. I love the peace and quiet of the morning and generally get up at 5-5am -- so being at the gym at 4:30am was even early for me. LOL :)
  • krp97
    Options
    NikonPal wrote: »
    krp97 wrote: »

My wife might call it something else -- maybe - "Deranged" as in having a "loss of contact with reality". Just joking. I love the peace and quiet of the morning and generally get up at 5-5am -- so being at the gym at 4:30am was even early for me. LOL :)

Haha my mom gave me a similar reaction when I got up at 6am to workout before school one morning.

My NSV for the day is playing basketball with my friend for an hour. Due to a knee injury I have hardly been able to run for the past 5 years. He runs every day and plays sports all the time so it felt good to be able to play even if I was a little slower than him.
  • awhitley
    awhitley Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got in 15658 steps! My highest yet!
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Got my first "you lost weight?" compliment at work.

• krp97
    Options
    Way to go awhitley and EmmieBaby. Those are both awesome victories!
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Great NSVs, both of you!
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost any more lbs in the past 2 weeks. But apparently I lost another:
    0.5inch off of my waist
    0.5inch off of my chest
    0.4inch off of my thigh
    0.2inch off of my arm

I just found out I was measuring my hips wrong, so I'm not sure how much I lost there... But all of my other measurements went down so I must be losing fat even if the scale doesn't reflect it. The only place I didn't lose is my tummy. I think I am retaining water weight there or something.

Also, I think that a bicep is just starting to bud on my left arm! (...my right arm is actually stronger but it looks more undefined at this point. lol)

If I only looked at a scale I would probably be upset and think that I haven't made progress. :)
  • NikonPal
    Options
    Great job nicolejo143 - you are so right about the scale!
  • Ms_Enzo1313
    Ms_Enzo1313 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wearing size 10 pants today! Haven't been a size 10 since junior high!

THAT IS FABULOUS!!!! I am now wearing a smaller size as of today! My jean finally fit me again!!! GO US! :)
  • Ms_Enzo1313
    Ms_Enzo1313 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This thread is putting a big smile on my face, all of these victories! They are all each wonderful and we can continue making them happen. :)
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    My NSV today is that my husband joined MFP. He has been trying to lose weight but was making no progress despite upping his physical activity. He didn't want to go the weighing and logging his food but today decided to take the plunge. I am helping with weighing and whatnot to get him going and will continue to encourage healthy living. Eat less, move more.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Yes, the NSVs are my favorite!

That's exciting that your husband is on board and interested in joining in.

I just posted an NSV in my feed--my sister and I were trying on clothes together yesterday and even though she's ALWAYS been thinner than me it was clear we were the same basic size. We were trading clothes based on the styles that worked better for each of us.

Also, I can now wear the smallest clothes I own from when I was at my thinnest since school (about 12 years ago). I am not necessarily sold on some of my fashion choices at the time, but I'm happy I can wear everything if I want to.
  • NikonPal
    Options
    Kenda2427 wrote: »
    My NSV today is that my husband joined MFP. He has been trying to lose weight but was making no progress despite upping his physical activity. He didn't want to go the weighing and logging his food but today decided to take the plunge. I am helping with weighing and whatnot to get him going and will continue to encourage healthy living. Eat less, move more.

Very nice...amazing how we impact each other. My wife is still lifting dumbells since I showed her the video I do. Tell him "good luck" from me. :)