NSV: Non Scale Victories!

Options

Replies

• NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Picking out clothes for "get-a-way";

I had bought 4 or 5 (size 2xl) summer shirts on sale when I was a size 3-4 xl; they were washed, ironed and hanging up -- who'd guess I'd end up a plain XL and those "never worn" 2xl's would be too big.

Guess they'll make nice bum-around or exercise shirts. :)
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I wanted to share these progress photos! They took some time to create. I decided that I'm going to make one for every month of this year. I think that the luchadora on the bottom looks a bit stronger/more intimidating. Lol
    g9z80k565eyl.jpg
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Cool idea. I have good photos from the beginning and end of January (gym challenge thing), should continue.
  • krp97
    krp97 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Good job Nicolejo! You can definitely see the progress!! Keep up the good work. :)
  • beachykeen81
    beachykeen81 Posts: 29 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I just got chosen to be on a Before/After poster at my gym! Haha it's crazy, and so awesome! I'm basically a fitness model :smile:
  • beachykeen81
    beachykeen81 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    NikonPal wrote: »
    Picking out clothes for "get-a-way";

I had bought 4 or 5 (size 2xl) summer shirts on sale when I was a size 3-4 xl; they were washed, ironed and hanging up -- who'd guess I'd end up a plain XL and those "never worn" 2xl's would be too big.

Guess they'll make nice bum-around or exercise shirts. :)

This has happened to me too! Just completely bypass a whole size!

• lisele03
    lisele03 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    OK, so…. I know this isn’t a NSV, but it is a big achievement for me… As of today I have met the weight loss goal I set for myself almost a year ago… to lose 55 lbs. before I turn 56 - and today - I did it! I’m rather proud of myself for actually sticking to the process and successfully meeting my goal as I often lose steam after 10-15 lbs. I have a few more lbs. to lose to meet my ultimate goal but nonetheless, I am a happy camper right now! These types of challenge groups have helped me keep the focus - if only to follow thru on the commitment/goal I’ve posted… :) So - to everyone here, keep on moving forward - I will! …. Good luck!!
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I guess it could be considered a NSV but I've noticed my mentality on fitness/Health has changed.

I am itching to get to running again and can't wait for the snow to melt
    I am looking forward to my 2nd Spartan race in May (and I've challenged myself to do better then last year)
    I wake up every morning at 6AM to work out...and I enjoy it
    I pack my breakfast and lunch for work with nothing but nummy foods
    Its not hard to say no to things that doesn't fit my macro

if you would of asked me 5 years ago if I would be thinking this way...I would of laughed until I peed.
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Good job lisele03 and EmmieBaby! It's a long road with no end, its a life long lifestyle. But its a happy place to be, just have to remember how good it feels to.
  • Kenda2427
    Options
    Today I got brave enough to book an appointment with a personal trainer for lifting on Monday. I want to lift but I want to make sure I am doing it correctly and not harming myself. So little ole me is going to head into the testosterone pit and see what I can learn. Not going to lie, a little intimidated about it but I want to do this so I am going for it! :#
  • Kenda2427
    Options
    I just got chosen to be on a Before/After poster at my gym! Haha it's crazy, and so awesome! I'm basically a fitness model :smile:

That's amazing! Good job, must feel great!
  • krp97
    Options
    Kenda2427 wrote: »
    Today I got brave enough to book an appointment with a personal trainer for lifting on Monday. I want to lift but I want to make sure I am doing it correctly and not harming myself. So little ole me is going to head into the testosterone pit and see what I can learn. Not going to lie, a little intimidated about it but I want to do this so I am going for it! :#

Awesome! Good luck, I can't wait to hear how it went. :)
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Aww Kenda,
    How it warms my heart to hear about your decision. Getting your form checked on the main lifts is the best decision ever!!!! High praise for you on that!
    About that testosterone pit :) it sure can intimidate a girl ... Here are my impressions:
    1. Most of the guys there are much more intimidated by us.
    2. Unfortunately, half the guys there don't really know what they are doing.
    3. The meanest/ biggest looking guys there, are usually the nicest people ever and will always help if you ask
    4. I find that women are much more inclined to judge and frankly I enjoy my time in the weight room away from the "lettuce and jogging" group
    ( that was mean, sorry)
    5. Don't try to blend in, be yourself and stand out. You're special!!! I like to bring a much needed dose of pink :) pink shoes, pink stripe on my pants, pink headphone :) lol
    6. Don't think of it as a testosterone pit but more as "old school". At the forefront of any gym you will find these fitness machines, the newest ellipticals and treadmills ... All the newest trends trying to create a new image and revamp fitness. The weight room is way in the back because there's nothing new about it. Free weights and barbells will always be just that. That, makes them classic: they worked in the past, they work now and they will always work; they will outlast all other gym equipment because their power is real.

Beast out!!!!
  • krp97
    Options
    Danezuletza I love your humor and the fact that you bring pink to the gym!!
  • danelutza19
    Options
    krp97 wrote: »

Did I mention my water bottle is also pink :)
    Thank you so much krp97!!
  • krp97
    Options
    krp97 wrote: »

Did I mention my water bottle is also pink :)
    Thank you so much krp97!!

Haha that's awesome!! I have never been a girly girl so I don't really have any pink(now sometimes I wish I do) but it always makes me smile when I see women at the gym who still try to look cute. The gym needs some color!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Didn't get my water in yesterday, but i did stay under calories even with having to meet for dinner with my husband and the company that he works with executive team. While everyone is enjoying all kinds of appts, salads and main course i stuck to a garden salad with Shrimp cocktail and lump crab meat for dinner. I had to walk away when the deserts came out. They were so temping. I will take this as a small victory away from the scale.
  • krp97
    Options
    Didn't get my water in yesterday, but i did stay under calories even with having to meet for dinner with my husband and the company that he works with executive team. While everyone is enjoying all kinds of appts, salads and main course i stuck to a garden salad with Shrimp cocktail and lump crab meat for dinner. I had to walk away when the deserts came out. They were so temping. I will take this as a small victory away from the scale.

Good job! That isn't easy!!
  • danelutza19
    Options
    Awesome control power matthewsfive!!!!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Thanks all