NSV: Non Scale Victories!

Options

Replies

• NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    I mentioned the following to some friends and thought I'd update my NSV... it was better than buying a new pair of pants....

"Back from my weight-loss / winter reward, as promised. No plans to leave MFP any time soon.

My 1st maintenance lesson – it is easier to stay disciplined for 1 week on a cruise v. 2 weeks.

It was horrible! The water was a pure blue. The sun kept the temperature at 77-80 degrees and at times would blind me. In short – I had to deal with some totally unfamiliar situations.

Winter%20reward%201_zps5yhshtzz.jpg

Winter%20reward_zpsysqp4kwh.jpg

Winter%20reward%202_zpsjhqhrjwe.jpg

I did well in controlling my calories the 1st week and exercising. The ship had treadmills, weight-room, elliptical equipment and more. I gave the equipment a break week #2. LOL

My first post-reward recorded weigh-in will be next Monday.

Today it was back to business as usual - burned 410 calories doing 75 minutes of cardio exercises, including 60 minute walk.

I will admit there was a brief affair of sorts…but in the end I simply told her she’d find someone else. Here is what she looked like:

IMG_2906_dessert_affair%20over_zpsqw6ly61t.jpg

Upon our return, I turned to my wife and said: "Honey, I'm home! She meant nothing to me..."

This morning my eyes only feasted upon -

20150302_074713_breakfast_back_zpsrcdcxvsy.jpg

Best wishes to all!

• danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Welcome back NikonPal, we have missed you so much!!!! Those pictures are amazing, thank you for sharing them! Looks like you had a blast!!!
    You deserved that reward including those tempting looking buns of joy!!!
    I was thinking about you Sunday evening as I was cooking fish: thanks to your help I can now buy it and cook it without fear ;)
    8oa51g9t8rac.jpg
  • NikonPal
    Options
    Danelutza19 - Thank you (it was a blast) and it's also great to be back on schedule (ok - I really could have stayed til the snow melts). Your meal looks awesome. Plan to have some fish, squash & broccoli myself today. I bought a small piece of wild-caught fresh salmon this morning to pan sear - haven't tried cooking salmon in years, as I normally stick with mild fish. Enjoy your day! :)
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    NikonPal, it looks like you had a great time! I'm so jealous!

I've had people ask me what I'm going to do when I hit my goal weight. I never really thought about it before...
  • forevertoday
    forevertoday Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Restricting my calories daily was just not working this time around and felt I was letting myself down in this group (I still show up to each weigh in and have them written in my calendar, I will not quit!), but I started 5:2 and feel like I have finally found a routine that works for me. It is a great feeling seeing myself continue with this forever and not be upset.
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Restricting my calories daily was just not working this time around and felt I was letting myself down in this group (I still show up to each weigh in and have them written in my calendar, I will not quit!), but I started 5:2 and feel like I have finally found a routine that works for me. It is a great feeling seeing myself continue with this forever and not be upset.
    Don't quit and don't give up. There are lots of roads in this journey, you just have to find yours. Continuing to check in for weigh-ins is a good start. Small healthy choices add up.
    And you are not letting anyone down, just keep on trying. You are worth it!

• danelutza19
    Options
    Hi Forevertoday! Glad you found something that works for you! IF is very beneficial health wise and many people enjoy doing 5:2 because it takes their mind of diets.
    You know you're on the right path when you stop feeling like you're on a diet and think of everything as part of your normal life :)
    Congratulations!!!
    As usual, when starting something new and exciting, take measurements and photos and evaluate 30 days later!!!
  • awhitley
    awhitley Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    So far, I've lost 2 inches in my waist and 3 in my hips. Not too shabby.
  • SingRunTing
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Copy & paste from my daily post:

I'm feeling really blessed today. I have an amazing sister who just lost weight too. She started at about the size I'm at now and is currently wearing size 2-4. So when I started losing weight she gave me a ton of clothes that didn't fit her anymore, including work clothes. What's really neat about it is that these clothes pick up right where my old "skinny" clothes that have been sitting in my closet for 8 years left off. So she saved me from having to buy new clothes for a while. And this morning she texted me to tell me that she has another batch to send my way in the next size down if I want them. Such a huge blessing!

Adding to that, there was this one dress in the first bin she gave me that I've been dying to wear. When I first went through everything, it wouldn't even zip up. I'm wearing the dress today!! In fact, everything that she gave me now fits except one pair of jeans!

2yycy75.jpg
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Great dress, and you look fabulous!
  • Kenda2427
    Options
    Looks amazing! Great job girl!
  • danelutza19
    Options
    I love that dress SingRunTing!!!! It fits like a glove and looks amazing on you!!! Congratulations!!!
  • NikonPal
    Options
    SingRunTing - exactly what Kenda & danelutza said :)
  • SingRunTing
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! :blush:
  • Kenda2427
    Options
    Today I did 3 chin-ups did my walk and then another 4 chin-ups!
    Because I can't reach the bar without jumping up I have to use a stool. I am not pulling from a complete straight arm yet but pretty close now. I let myself down almost straight and then pull. Big improvement! These have been on my hit list of things I want to be strong enough to do.
  • SingRunTing
    Options
    Way to go Kenda! Chin-ups/pull-ups are a big goal for me too! Great work!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    That's great! I have a pull-ups progression program to be working on, but I haven't been working it as much as I should.
  • krp97
    krp97 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I had fallen off the wagon the past 10 days because of stress and being so busy with school so I didn't focus on what I was eating and didn't work out every day like I had been. Today I went for my first swim of the year and swam 650 yards. I know that isn't a lot and I took a lot of breaks but it felt so good and it is better for my knee than the running I have been trying to do. I hope this is the first swim of many this year!
  • just_special
    just_special Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    In the course of my long journey, I have shrunk quite a bit...I started out as a size 18...and just this last week, I bought new pants in.....a SIZE 4!! I have NEVER been that size in my life. Even at my lowest and most fit weight in high school, I was a size 8. I call that a huge NSV!!
  • Kenda2427
    Options
    In the course of my long journey, I have shrunk quite a bit...I started out as a size 18...and just this last week, I bought new pants in.....a SIZE 4!! I have NEVER been that size in my life. Even at my lowest and most fit weight in high school, I was a size 8. I call that a huge NSV!!

That is huge, congratulations!!! That is hard work and dedication