Options

Replies

• margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    lepert well done,
    great to see that we are all making good decisions and choices,
    competition certainly works with keeping our selves accountable,
    I don't do it to win anything only the strictness I like, if that makes any sense.
    our group has got small but I think great communication is the key, making an effort.
    well done everyone and have a great weekend.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Thanks Margie! One thing about a smaller group is that it makes it easier to keep track of who everybody is and how they're doing!

Laura
  • JessiokaFroka
    JessiokaFroka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear that everyone's doing so well. I'm looking forward to my weigh-in on Tuesday. I have been doing MFP for three weeks now (this weigh-in will be week four) and I lost a lot my first week and gained the next two. After taking a look at my planner with some veterans, it looks like MFP was telling me I was burning about DOUBLE the calories that I actually was while I was on my elliptical. So this week I've counted all my exercise at 50% when I log it so I don't overeat calories that I didn't actually burn.... soooooo excited for Tuesday!

I love this challenge, guys. It really keeps me focused.
  • armywf07
    armywf07 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for the weather to get a little warmer than I am going to push mow the lawn again...:) I couldn't swim yesterday due to it being the Army's birthday and everything was closed but OMG I did do alot of walking around and the majority of it was kinda fast paced.

I tried new Hungry girl recipe and it was good, but it made the halibut a bit dry...but that's fine because it will make a great fish salad for lunch later on in the week. I am loving my HG cookbook....I swear best cookbook I bought besides of course my gooseberry patch. I usually cut as much fat and calories as I can when I make the GBP recipes.
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    army,
    I know people who swear by the HG recipes. I've never tried any, though. What are your favorites?

Jess,
    Weigh-in tomorrow! So excited for you!

Margie,
    Strictness always worked for me too. I made this group because there didn't seem to be any strict groups on MFP. I know it's not for everyone, and I know we've gotten small, but if this idea works for even just a few people, it'll be worthwhile.
  • sweetjanet100
    Options
    I think you are all doing amazingly well. I think I go against the grain - I am hungrier the more I exercise! Had a quiet day today - took a day off exercise. Just pottered around the house. Back to it tomorrow - 40 - 50 mins in the gym and then 30 mins swim followed by a good hour dog walking......

Have a good day all

J
  • margieparkins
    Options
    hello all, how was your weekend? mine was very quiet, very cold here as our winter is upon us. but still managed all my exercises. did well with the food. I am going to weigh myself tomorrow so I hope I am still losing.:heart::wink:
  • JessiokaFroka
    JessiokaFroka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Weekend was fabulous, got a lot of exercise in due to renovating my kitchen.

I am down 2.5 this week! Counting my exercise at 50% (as I outlined a couple of posts above this one) is really working out for me! I freakin' love this group, too - it definitely helps me stay on track.
  • armywf07
    Options
    So far the smores oatmeal was awesome i couldn't finish the whole serving
  • margieparkins
    Options
    well done jess. keep up the great choices, well done to everyone still in this group, it is strict but that is what we need.
  • armywf07
    Options
    Urgh I am still feeling that swim from yesterday and today I get to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off. My son turned 7 today and well there is alot that needs to be done.
  • caradae
    Options
    It sounds like you're doing great, armywf. And happy birthday to your son. They grow up so fast, don't they?

I weighed in at exactly 230.0 today. So close to the 220s. I'm thinking about rewarding myself for every new 10-pound territory I enter. I don't have money to spend on anything extra, though. Does anyone have any suggestions for rewards that don't cost anything?
  • margieparkins
    Options
    get a jar and for every 10 you lose put an IOU in it maybe $10 maybe then when you have reached a milestone you could go buy some undies or bra or anything , really you have to make the time for yourself,or a nice long candle lit bath
  • margieparkins
    Options
    well how is everyone doing? I am doing really well, some days I can't walk because of heavy rain here, but I can't wait, we are now dog sitting a little dog for 3 months and I am going to take it walking..I have not weighed myself of late so will do it at the end of the week. stay committed, most of all be happy,:flowerforyou: :wink:
  • phillysfrog
    Options
    Question for the group. I just started working at a local production plant. It's 12 hour shifts and constant walking, lifting boxes of various weight, twisting, turning, and moving about. My question is, how do I calculate the calories I burn during those 12 hours. I have upped my calories on the days I work but I don't think I'm eating enough.
  • margieparkins
    Options
    I am no expert, maybe put it on the mfp forum, lots of people might be able to help, sorry, :(((
  • margieparkins
    Options
    hello, how is every one doing, just letting you all know I was very sick las week and lost a lot of weight, gastro and vomiting, now another week on here is my true weight, bugger! 194lb, still it is getting there, it will not be long and I will be there at 189lb again!!
  • caradae
    Options
    I'm not an expert either, Moe, but I would list that as 12 hours of slow walking, taking into account MFP's optimistic estimates of how many calories we burn. I'd see how it goes for a week or two, and if I wasn't losing, I'd drop it to 6 hours and so on.
  • caradae
    Options
    Margie,

I'm so sorry to hear you were sick, and I'm glad you're better.

Take some days off and get better when you're sick, okay? There's nothing wrong with that.
  • margieparkins
    Options
    Thank you, but if I do that I will not pick it up again, bloody lazy I am at times. had a great day today, nice treat for dinner but still under, we have decided this will be our Sunday night dinner, I work for it so I enjoyed it, but if you look at the diary for today, it is all healthy anyway. how is everyone else going?