Level One Discussion

Options
Here is the youtube link incase you do not have the DVD

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

Lets talk about our favorite parts, least favorite parts, are you sore, do you hate Jillian's voice, let it all out!

Check in here and let us know how your doing, are you doing level 1 for 10 straight days or taking rest days?

Replies

• moreliz88
    Options
    I'm going to be doing 6 days a week my resting day will be Wednesday's (:
  • nikitad123
    nikitad123 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be doing the 10 days, but depending on my training schedule, if I have a session with my trainer, I may or may not do 30DS on that particular day. After the 10 days I will take a rest day then move on to the next level.

How will everyone be logging this? I was thinking of just putting it under circuit. What are your thoughts on that? Did anyone else have any other ideas?
  • priyaFitnessFreak
    priyaFitnessFreak Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I will take rest days in between. I'm thinking 3 days on and 1 day off. Apart from this, I'll try to get atleast 30 mins walk everyday and maybe run a couple of miles (intervals) twice a week.
  • RamonaMoon
    RamonaMoon Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, really looking forward to doing this again!

I am definitely planning on rest days in between, I have done the ten days of level 1 straight through before and it was tough! I am thinking maybe a rest day every 5 days, depending on how I feel. That should mean it takes me 12 days to do level 1 which I hope i can handle!

Anytime I have done it before I log it as circuit training but I'm open to other suggestions!
  • BrownsFan19
    BrownsFan19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'll be taking a rest day on Saturdays. This is my regular rest day for working out anyways, so I'll keep it a rest day for this as well. That being said, this 30 day shred will take me about 34 instead of 30.
  • Cath_Taylor
    Cath_Taylor Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Favourite part? Masochist that I am.... jumping jacks & jump rope!! Just because first time I did this DVD (before fracturing my ankle last Easter) I found them both excruciating. I cannot do a single push up at all... so modified it stays! As for Jillian, I love her no nonsense attitude! "I have 400lb people who can do jumping jacks, so can you'. Love it!
  • hnyzthms
    hnyzthms Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Is everyone using weights?
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to alternate between 30DS and ripped in 30. Is that ok? And might do it every other day depending on schedule. I also do swimming once a week, spinning and Bikram yoga once a week. I also do weight lifting with heavy weights.
  • alf1163
    Options
    hnyzthms wrote: »
    Is everyone using weights?

Yes, I use from 3-10lbs depending on the exercise.

• THachAb
    THachAb Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure what the frequency was designed to be so this is helpful! I honestly don't think I could even do two days back to back as I did my first session yesterday and could hardly walk up the stairs today - yes, I am out of shape! Starting again tomorrow and I'll try to keep it going for at least 5 with a rest day!

I like the jumping jacks, I struggle with those side lunges with the weights!
  • snookey16
    snookey16 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just plan to take rest days as i need them. I have 1, 2 and 3kg weights so will use those where i can. Don't plan on using them straight up though as I'm so unfit.
  • hnyzthms
    hnyzthms Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Whoop I've done day 1 phew.

Did have to take the occasional few seconds break and couldn't use weights for them all as I've only 4kg weights and they were too heavy at times

But 1 day down.
  • deepsubmerge
    deepsubmerge Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My favorite part are the abs sections, because they're the easiest for me (which is saying a lot for the rest of the workout!)

My least favorite is in the third set where you bend your knee to one side while doing shoulder raises.

I'll be doing the Shred every other day, with yoga on the days in between.
  • noynoyavery
    noynoyavery Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Love it, Think it will be a great work out for maintance when reaching goal weight. wasn't too bad for me , although i'm only using 0.5kg weights (have hms and my all joints dislocate) I think i could go up to about 1kg without killing them! I think it gets easier at about day 5 I enjoyed it
  • noynoyavery
    noynoyavery Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ok ok I lied, I ache all over now after sitting down lol
  • moreliz88
    Options
    29 days to go(:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Level 1 done. I used 5, 7.5 and 10lb Dumbbells I wear a Polar heart rate monitor with a chest strap and I burned only 167calories. MFP calculates 230 under circuit Trng, my HRM is the accurate one. You can do this!!!!
  • r_achael1
    Options
    Just done the first day! Wasn't too hard, so looking forward to completing it. The only thing is that my weights aren't heavy enough they are 2.5lbs so sometimes it felt like I wasn't doing much and I can't afford to buy heavier ones in the next 30 days.. oh well I will just have to make do, more than made up for it in the cardio though! I also struggle with the push ups, I can only do proper ones for the first round and only just, how did other people find them?
  • moreliz88
    Options
    Best part for me are the abs, worst are the push ups.
    But we can do this, it feels so good to be back in track(:
    I use 3lbs weights.
  • agentmelindamay
    agentmelindamay Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Day one is dooone. Made the mistake of starting out with too heavy weights and had to switch half way through!
    I'm planning on doing this 5 days a week combined with my other work outs.
    Well done everyone! We got this.