Level One Discussion

Options

Replies

• sheerjay
    sheerjay Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done....I cant STAND Jillians voice and the backing track of the video makes the time drag....I know the moves so I turn off the volume and put my own music on...makes the time go so much quicker and makes me work harder. Using 4kg weights for chest moves and 1.5kg for the rest
  • KindaSortaKaty
    KindaSortaKaty Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Day 2 completed, had to stop for a diaper change explosion mid video but got it done
  • priyaFitnessFreak
    priyaFitnessFreak Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 today. I'm doing modified push-ups and I still have to stop midway. :( Abs are the easiest except for the bicycle one. That one is a killer. Cardio is the worst for me. I just can't do those many jumping jacks.
  • jusbowers
    jusbowers Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Oh. My. Aching. Legs. And. Abs.

I haven't felt like this since c25k week 1 and hadn't done any running for 25 years.

Looking forward to my 5k run in a couple of hours. My weather app says it should have warmed up to freezing by then. I'm starting to doubt my sanity especially when I will be doing day 2 right after I get back
  • coulibalymuso
    coulibalymuso Posts: 61 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Day 2 down even though I didn't start until 10:20 pm. I can't seem to do the jump rope - mostly I just March in place for that. So far not really sore in the mornings, but my left knee is starting to feel it - I'm icing right now.
  • kamack1215
    kamack1215 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Day 2 finished! Although, I do not have weights. I tried using cans of soup but they weren't heavy enough. Anyone have an suggestions on what I can use instead?
  • kamack1215
    kamack1215 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 today. I'm doing modified push-ups and I still have to stop midway. :( Abs are the easiest except for the bicycle one. That one is a killer. Cardio is the worst for me. I just can't do those many jumping jacks.

Modified pushups are still pushups :) Try doing the jumping jacks a little slower than they do; and she says not to modify but if you have to try bending your elbows a bit instead of having straight arms. It makes a big difference.
  • pinkvici
    pinkvici Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    kamack1215 wrote: »
    Day 2 finished! Although, I do not have weights. I tried using cans of soup but they weren't heavy enough. Anyone have an suggestions on what I can use instead?

Water bottles?

My toddler tried to do it with me on Sunday and she used Maracas!!
  • THachAb
    THachAb Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Completed Day 2 last night! My kids ended up doing it with me, which kind of helped! The dog jumping on my stomach while I was doing crunches however did not! :p
  • jusbowers
    jusbowers Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well I managed day 2 even though the bicycle crunches nearly killed me. A rest day tomorrow for me before back to it on Thursday.
  • BrownsFan19
    BrownsFan19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Day 2 is in the books! I am so sore. Not sure if it;s from starting Jillian yesterday or the workout class that I did. 28 days to go!
  • Berenice30
    Berenice30 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done. So sore!!
  • trying4real
    trying4real Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Completed day 2 here, yesterday I couldn't get through the whole thing but today I totally did !! lol yay. Granted I did have to stop a couple times to breath, and maybe marched instead of cardio lol but still finished ! I keep telling myself .... It will get easier don't give up!!!
  • priyaFitnessFreak
    priyaFitnessFreak Posts: 105 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Day 2 done! I did it before work today so pretty proud of myself. Are you guys doing some other cardio/workouts on top of the shred?
  • ksnel3
    ksnel3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Day 3, done! I am a little sore today. I am planning to do the 10 days straight in a row. I have done 30DS in the past and found I was more sore if I took a rest day, instead of pushing through. As for my least favorite exercise.. I hate the last strength exercise after chest flies. My arms can hardly hold the weights out infront by that point in the workout. Speaking of.. What size weights does everyone use? I am using 5lbs.
  • moreliz88
    Options
    Day 3 over for me!(:
    In so sore, my legs are killing me, are y'all taking something for the soreness?
  • skroops
    skroops Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done! Today I turned the volume way down and listened to my own music. I find it much easier to get through if I can listen to some fun, upbeat music to motivate me.
  • r_achael1
    Options
    finished day 2! annoyed at myself for not doing it yesterday, I had no reason not to except being lazy then running out of time to fit it in. It always takes me a while to get into things but hopefully I won't take any more breaks in level 1 now! I think doing the same video over and over is going to be very tedious though, I used to do a lot of tiffany rothe videos but did them too much I'm now sick of them. I now need to incorporate other exercise into my days, climbed glastonbury tor today so that's a start!
  • sheerjay
    sheerjay Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done. Protein shakes are helping the pain go away quicker. I dont like the shoulder raise/ side lunge move- ugh
  • KindaSortaKaty
    KindaSortaKaty Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Day 3, feel better than day 1!!