Did you run today?

Options

Replies

• FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @poke987. :27 could be Gun Time and the :17 could be Chip Time? Ya the guy that ran 1:14:12 was like 6'2" or something and he's a runner. he won it last 3-4 years. Oh my knees are like rubber going down stairs LOL.
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    poke987 wrote: »
    Ok. Who's next?! I can't remember! !

I'm taking today off, although im not as stiff or sore as I thought I might be. My knee is a bit bothersome going down stairs, but my hips recovered well. Might take tomorrow off also, just with scheduling. But ill be back at it Tuesday... don't want to lay completely off. Hope to continue with 3-5 mile runs 3 or 4 days a week as long as I can!

I think cj is June 20th
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Great runs, both of you!!!
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    tavenne323 also has a June 20 1/2.
  • gabella0603
    gabella0603 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @FireStorm1972 What an incredible first HM. Those are impressive bragging rights over your much younger brother. Congratulations!

Your winner was fast. The one I was in the men's winner came in at 1:19:43 (age 28) and the women's winner came in at 1:32:16 (age 20).
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    Ya the winners of the 1/2 and the Full marathons belong to the local track and field clubs. LOL
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    Is it just me but did any of you feel like you want to run another 1/2 marathon after you just did yours recently? Obviously not right away LOL but down the road sometime. Knowing that I can do it now with some heart to overcome the pain LOL. I have the urge to try and beat my time, especially with some more knowledge about my weakness in my knees and how to strengthen them.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    I think I will at some point run another half. My goal right now is to be able to run a 10k anytime I want without really having to train for it. So I'm trying to run at least 3 times a week in the 5 - 10k range. As my next 10k gets closer, I'll throw in some speedwork and hill repeats to try to boost my time. (I probably should do that now. My next 10k is on June 13th!)
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    My 3 runs during mid week are 5k/8k/5k and weekend run is at least 10K pending on how I feel. I'm seriously thinking on another local half on September 7th this year, which gives me 4 months to train and the early bird registration goes right to September 4th. So I think I'm going to train for that and if something happens along the way I'm not out that entry fee. September 7th Half looks like it may have some trail running, it's a course around a local lake 8) I also have the Terry Fox 10K charity event the weekend after that 1/2 Marathon LOL.
  • gabella0603
    gabella0603 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm signed up for the HM in my town in November. I cannot wait (although my tendonitis needs to heal - bah). I am shooting for a 2:05-2:10 time and hoping for 1:58. I've missed running this week. I miss eating the extras that running allows me to eat as well! :)

I'm also looking at some trail runs prior to that (either 10k or 10 miles, depending on the race). It gets hot and humid in the summer here, so I'd like to find a run with shade. There's a rock-n-roll half near here in July which I hear is fun, but I can't do that weekend, plus, hot.

@Just_Ceci have you looked into duathlons? With all your cycling, you'd be perfect for that.
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    I'm signed up for the HM in my town in November. I cannot wait (although my tendonitis needs to heal - bah). I am shooting for a 2:05-2:10 time and hoping for 1:58. I've missed running this week. I miss eating the extras that running allows me to eat as well! :)

I'm also looking at some trail runs prior to that (either 10k or 10 miles, depending on the race). It gets hot and humid in the summer here, so I'd like to find a run with shade. There's a rock-n-roll half near here in July which I hear is fun, but I can't do that weekend, plus, hot.

@Just_Ceci have you looked into duathlons? With all your cycling, you'd be perfect for that.
    I pushing for sub 2 hours also. I have to seriously work on strengthening my hams and quads and abductors. the more I read about knee issues, they say its due to inbalance or weak muscles. I purposely cut the leg strength training out 3 months prior to my 1/2 thinking it would impede me LOL I was wrong LOL.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    That is a goal of mine. However, the couple of times that I tried to run after riding, it was HARD! I'm trying to do that at least once a week and will build up from there.
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @Just_Ceci agreed, that sounds like it would be right up your alley!

This same race next year is my new goal, I think. The timing will be about right I suspect (baby due sept. 18th, 6 weeks completely off with c-section, then the holidays... plus nursing... I'm not a good milk maker, so no dieting or heavy exercise at first... that brings me to late winter early spring, kind of like this year... I'll start "thinking" in February and training in march for this may 1/2)

My plan for now is to keep on keeping on. Doing what I can, when I can. 3 miles a few days a week, with one longer 5ish as long as I can swing it. More cross training as well. Bike rides with the kids, elliptical at the y, walking in the evenings.

2 miles in 20 mins on the treadmill this morning. Legs felt ok, just ran out of time before mommy and me swim class. Was just starting to feel the knee, so I'm actually glad I didn't have time for 3.
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    Well the plan was to lay off running for a few days but, of course the urge to get back at it is too great LOL. But I only did a quick 2K since I only had 1 rest day after the 1/2. Also started back on the weights and incorporated some agility work for my knee, and some abductor and adductor workouts with resistance bands, leg curls and leg extensions. Hopefully this helps the right knee out.
  • GreatCthulhu
    GreatCthulhu Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have joined a beginners running club but haven't fully got back to training after my half.
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    I'm joining a free local club that runs Wednesday evenings and sunday mornings. Checking it out this Sunday to see the different level of runner/walker runs. I ran 2K Tuesday and jumped on the wife's Gazelle yesterday.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Had planned to run hill repeats yesterday, but was asked to help out at a local bike race, so I just ran near the race route- 4 miles in 39:40. (At least the last mile was up a long hill, not really steep though.)
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    5k today nice slowww pace. And 55 mins of Yoga 8)
  • poke987
    Options
    The week has gotten away from me! It's crazy what motivation that race was... when I "had" to run, I made it fit... now I can't seem to find the time!! Ugh. Guess I'd better get some miles in over the weekend!
  • poke987
    Options
    2.4 miles in 23:44. Running buddy has a toothache; we turned back after her face started to hurt too badly. I wasn't sad, it was the end of the day, right after dinner... and i wasn't feeling super great myself. Oh well. A few more miles for the week anyhow.