Cabin 3 Instructions, chit chat, etc. thread!

Replies

• df1982
    df1982 Posts: 147 Member
    Hi Cabin 3!

I've been moved into your cabin because most of the other campers in mine dropped out. My name is Elma and I am hoping to lose some weight for the summer (probably about 15-20 pounds, but we'll see). I live in Canada, and am just finishing up school (that is why I have let things go a bit!).

Good luck to everyone!

E
  • SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    Hi Cabin 3!

I've been moved into your cabin because most of the other campers in mine dropped out. My name is Elma and I am hoping to lose some weight for the summer (probably about 15-20 pounds, but we'll see). I live in Canada, and am just finishing up school (that is why I have let things go a bit!).

Good luck to everyone!

E

Welcome! So glad to have you! We are a fun bunch and look forward to getting to know you! Please add the other campers in our cabin so that we can cheer each other on.

Hey, Cabin 3, let's give a warm welcome to Elma!!
  • Prephred
    Prephred Posts: 140 Member
    Welcome Elma!

SavyGurl0528 - LOL we had a dog that thought she was a cat when I was little. And I had a cat in high school that would go on our nightly walks like he was a dog too. It didn't help he was a black cat.... we sure did get some strange looks from the neighbors. Sorry to hear he's not walking with you still. I am surprised the horses didn't mind him being around. At least you raised your boys right =) I got lucky, mine runs the vacuum because I cant and he does the laundry occasionally too.

karendee4 - sorry to hear you are having neck problems =( hope they get better soon

spacecurly - glad you got to spend time with hubby - hope your night shifting goes well.

I ended up doing Pay-It Back Day too. Had a friend that needed a pep talk so we went out to dinner tonight. At Red Lobster no less AND I stayed under calorie =) I looked up what to have before I went, then ended up changing my mind but I ate only one biscuit and had broccoli and the blueberry vinaigrette which is awesome and low cal compared to the other salad dressings. Of course I didn't eat much earlier in the day so I could get away with it. ( And I could put off cleaning one more day... snicker)
  • dmdegrassi
    dmdegrassi Posts: 151
    Camp Director Donna just sneakin a peek at Cabin 3... you guys appear to be having WAY TOO GOOD of a time here! lol

Seriously... you guys are awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Welcome Elma !!

I have 3 kitties. One is so shy but the others are very funny and busy all day. (Between naps) One small one we have thinks if I sit down he has to be in my lap. He will wake up from sleeping and move to my lap. The big guy is 25 pounds and he greets us at the door every time no matter when we come home.

Yesterday I was so hungry! I did a harder workout so maybe that was why.

Yesterday was cabin cleaning day for me.

Today is Martial Arts day. I will do a cardio kickboxing video that I like. That one always gets me sweating!
  • SavvyGurl0528
    Morning ladies! Looks like you have all been busy and working on your weekly challenges.

Yesterday was "Pay It Back Day" for me. I spent almost half my time at work helping my co-worker get her things caught up. But when I look back at it, most of it wasn't really her work in the first place. It was our bosses work who is gone for the week (again) and she had dumped it on my co-worker. So I wondered who I was "Paying Back".

Today is the day I am going to update my profile picture.

This picture is of one of my horses. This one is Harlequin, barn name, Harley (thought it would be cool to say "I ride a Harley, lol). She is my mare's 2nd foal, the first being a strapping buckskin colt that my youngest son now claims. Harley is a bit shy, like her father, and very patient, like her mother. She will be my only granddaughter's horse.

My horses mean a lot to me. I love their smell, the way they look, their different personalities and how they interact with one another. They always come to greet me when I go to the pasture and are always there when I need a hug.

One of the big reasons I am on this weight loss adventure is to be able to comfortably ride and train my horses. I am getting older and in order to keep up with the kids (the whole family rides), I need to be in the best shape I can.

Thanks for letting me share. Make it an awesome day!
  • karendee4
    Morning ladies! Looks like you have all been busy and working on your weekly challenges.

Yesterday was "Pay It Back Day" for me. I spent almost half my time at work helping my co-worker get her things caught up. But when I look back at it, most of it wasn't really her work in the first place. It was our bosses work who is gone for the week (again) and she had dumped it on my co-worker. So I wondered who I was "Paying Back".

Today is the day I am going to update my profile picture.

This picture is of one of my horses. This one is Harlequin, barn name, Harley (thought it would be cool to say "I ride a Harley, lol). She is my mare's 2nd foal, the first being a strapping buckskin colt that my youngest son now claims. Harley is a bit shy, like her father, and very patient, like her mother. She will be my only granddaughter's horse.

My horses mean a lot to me. I love their smell, the way they look, their different personalities and how they interact with one another. They always come to greet me when I go to the pasture and are always there when I need a hug.

One of the big reasons I am on this weight loss adventure is to be able to comfortably ride and train my horses. I am getting older and in order to keep up with the kids (the whole family rides), I need to be in the best shape I can.

Thanks for letting me share. Make it an awesome day!

Nice story going along with the profile pic!! It is so nice the horses greet you. I bet they will love the thinner you too!
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Hi Elma and the rest! :)

Kind of got caught up in my "Pay it back"day yesterday!
    We had my sister in laws kids to pick up from school, because she had to work and my parents in law who usually do the after school babysitting had their card club meeting as usually on tuesdays, so we jumped in!
    I had to get up super early and so my nightshift was stretching endlessly like it seemed, but okay, today after a good rest I should have been okay!
    Apparently a nasty cold has caught up with me as well, which leaves me with stones around my chest and a running nose, as well as a sore throat! Oh well, lots of tea for me I guess!
    Will update the pic today so I will do councelors day!

I had win to be thin line also in mind for a while, so I'd be totally ready to go with it!!!
  • Prephred

Apparently a nasty cold has caught up with me as well, which leaves me with stones around my chest and a running nose, as well as a sore throat! Oh well, lots of tea for me I guess!

LOL make it hot tea with a dash of lemon and a dash of whiskey for a hot toddy. Only thing was Gma had to watch out for Gpa added in some extra whiskey in his.

Hope you are feeling better soon
  • SavvyGurl0528

Get better soon! I hate colds more than anything! And some times they last forever.
    I had win to be thin line also in mind for a while, so I'd be totally ready to go with it!!!

Glad you like it. I haven't heard from anyone else, so that is what we will be!
  • SavvyGurl0528
    LOL make it hot tea with a dash of lemon and a dash of whiskey for a hot toddy. Only thing was Gma had to watch out for Gpa added in some extra whiskey in his.

LOL, I remember having those when I was a kid at home. I can't remember if they worked, lol, but I do remember sleeping all night long!
  • karendee4
    spacecurly
    Nice job picking up kids. I hope you feel better soon!

Yesterday I did pay it back day instead of martial arts like I had planned. My son's friends have been taking him to his judo lessons when I can't (on Sat when other kid has baseball) So yesterday I took home 5 smelly, sweaty, teenage football players (10th grade). I had to leave the windows cracked even though the AC was on in the car. Thank goodness for leather seats and febreze!! LOL

We had an awful storm last night. Tornados too! I hate it when that siren goes off. We have one large cat that freaks out and hides. The others get scared but the biggest one is the chicken. He runs when he hears the tornado siren.
  • SavvyGurl0528
    So yesterday I took home 5 smelly, sweaty, teenage football players (10th grade). I had to leave the windows cracked even though the AC was on in the car. Thank goodness for leather seats and febreze!! LOL

Nothing worse than sweaty boys! You are a trooper!
  • SavvyGurl0528
    Good mid-morning, Cabin Win to Thin! How is your morning going? I'm a little off this morning, but slowly getting there! Yesterday I did the Counselor's Choice (changed my profile pic) and today, I think I am going to work on "Martial Arts Day". I am not sure yet, but I think I am going to look on youtube for a Martial Arts workout. So, what did you all do yesterday? And what are your plans today? Make it an awesome day!
  • df1982
    Hi Cabin 3,

I hope that you all are doing great. I have had a slow start to the competition, but am slowly getting back into a groove after handing in my thesis!

I went to our spread sheet but couldn't edit it. Here is what I have done this week:

Sunday - Family day - had dinner with my parents!

Monday - Pay it Back day - had after work drinks with a colleague who needed to vent (fun, but not great for weight loss of course!).

Tuesday - Cleaning! I did tons!

Wednesday - I meant to update my profile pic but I only just got to it - does that still count? I got in so late from dinner with a friend and only just got a second to get on MFP.

Thursday - I am going to do some artsy stuff at home!

I have done the evening cooldown everyday except yesterday, and the morning movement everyday except today. I need to get better with logging so that I can be sure that I get in under my calorie goal. And, back to the gymmmmmmmm...hoping to do a spin class tonight.

Have a great day/evening everyone!

E
  • SavvyGurl0528
    Elma,

Not sure why you can't edit, but I'll work on it. In the mean time, everything is logged. Good job!

Glad you got your thesis in. Must have been a huge undertaking for you. But I'll bet you are relieved it is done!

Have a great day and have fun in spin class!
  • karendee4
    Hi Cabin 3,

I hope that you all are doing great. I have had a slow start to the competition, but am slowly getting back into a groove after handing in my thesis!

I went to our spread sheet but couldn't edit it. Here is what I have done this week:

Monday - Pay it Back day - had after work drinks with a colleague who needed to vent (fun, but not great for weight loss of course!).

Wednesday - I meant to update my profile pic but I only just got to it - does that still count? I got in so late from dinner with a friend and only just got a second to get on MFP.

I have done the evening cooldown everyday except yesterday, and the morning movement everyday except today. I need to get better with logging so that I can be sure that I get in under my calorie goal. And, back to the gymmmmmmmm...hoping to do a spin class tonight.

E

Did you download or save the file? That is what I did so I have it on my computer and I can edit it.
  • karendee4
    I keep changing the challenge I plan to do. LOL I did "Pay it Back Day" yesterday and sent some encouraging emails to lovely people that help me with my journey.

Today I have the choice of martial arts, art appreciation, and family day. Not sure which to do. Maybe family day on Saturday since this weekend there are no baseball tourney's and it is Father's day weekend. (Although on Mother's day we had a tourney so I did not get a day :grumble: )

I am leaning toward art appreciation day. I have been planning to make a new tote bag so it is a perfect day to sew one!
  • SavvyGurl0528
    I keep changing the challenge I plan to do. LOL I did "Pay it Back Day" yesterday and sent some encouraging emails to lovely people that help me with my journey.

Today I have the choice of martial arts, art appreciation, and family day. Not sure which to do. Maybe family day on Saturday since this weekend there are no baseball tourney's and it is Father's day weekend. (Although on Mother's day we had a tourney so I did not get a day :grumble: )

I am leaning toward art appreciation day. I have been planning to make a new tote bag so it is a perfect day to sew one!

I'm like you, Karen. I had planned on doing "Martial Arts Day" but I ended up doing "Art Appreciation Day", instead. My husband's cousin is in to "Smash Books", which appears to be a combination of scrapbooking and journaling. She bought me a starter book and had been promising me some "lessons" sometime while she was in town. She was unexpectedly in town (does not happen often) so I had a quick Smashbook lesson. It does look like it will be fun, but my days are so full already, right now it just seems like one more thing I'll have to schedule.

I now have just "Martial Arts" and "Pamper Yourself" left, so think I'll do "Martial Arts" (thanks so much for the link) and since the boys are going to grill for Father's Day on Saturday and us girls (my step-daughter and daughter's in law) are going to sit back and relax, I'm going to do "Pamper Yourself". Sounds like a good plan, but who know, things may change. ;-)

So what did everyone else get done yesterday? And what are your plans for today! Make it an awesome day today!
  • df1982
    Hi Cabin 3,

E

Did you download or save the file? That is what I did so I have it on my computer and I can edit it.

Oh okay, I'll try that! Thanks! E
  • Prephred
    Hey everybody - hope things are going well. Got to love sweating teenagers =)

df1982 - congrats on your thesis!

For some reason I have been having trouble logging in. Keep getting an error. I thought it was MFP website but now I am not sure cuz it certainly looks like I was only one having trouble, lol

I thought I had went way over on calories yesterday only to find I missed it by 150 (not counting exercise) had a surprise second supper with a friend.

And today, I thought I was way off and now have to go eat to get my calories in. That may be why my migraine is worse than usual today. Going to eat some protein that will work and some water, I am running low. I did get my crunches in though and posted. 2 more points
  • SavvyGurl0528
    Prefred, go you! I love those days when you think you really went over but you have some to spare. I love that I can have a special "treat" then.

Hope you got rid of that migraine quickly. I used to get them years ago, but have not had trouble for quite some time.

Glad you helped to earn us an extra 2 points!
  • karendee4
    Prephred
    I had trouble one day on my computer but MFP worked on my cell phone. Try deleting your cookies. SOmetimes that works.
    It is a good thing that you were under not over. Good for you!

SavvyGurl, I think that is a great idea. I intended to make some photo albums for the kids. So far the only one I made is of their sports photos. I had a small album that I print a photo (or buy one) each year. So funny to see them change each year.

<><><>
    I just did a bike ride. It was humid so I got very sweaty. I am getting better at the ride now. I might need a new path to make it harder.

Have a great weekend!
  • Prephred
    Sorry all, last couple of days have been tough for me. I should be on more again.

I will remember about the cookies. Seems like I have been clearing my cookies every couple of weeks. ... LOL, I know, I will put my computer on the honeydo list =)
  • ImprovingEla
    @Prephred: I had trouble for a couple of weeks sending messages, they never show up or reached the person I needed to get in touch with!

As for this week, I need to get more organized and I started yesterday by putting stuff on ebay, to get more space! This probably will continue throughout the day, but first I will also run (see if this second run on the street is better than the first!).

Yeterday I did community day, we were at a BBQ with the neighbourhood and a lot of eldery people where there. Helped some out with getting them tea and we walked one home, so she did not have to go alone!

Hope you all had a great fathers day!
  • karendee4
    Hi everyone! I was so busy yesterday no time to post.

I went to a dinner and did not do too bad. Less than healthy foods but I was under calories.
  • ImprovingEla
    I just wrote a movie critic for Rock of Ages or was it Ages of Rock???
    No idea, but let me tell you even with Tom Cruise, Catherine Zeta - Jones, ALec Baldwin, Mary J. Blige and the list goes on.... it was not a good movie *sight* Guess I expected too much!
  • Prephred
    Hi everyone! I was so busy yesterday no time to post.

I went to a dinner and did not do too bad. Less than healthy foods but I was under calories.

Glad to hear it Karendee4 =) Spacecurly - I have seen some movies that I wish I could just get those two hours back, rewound or something. Makes you wonder where they get the scripts from =(

I did a walk out in the sun today for my nature appreciation day =)
  • karendee4
    spacecurly
    I did not think that movie looked good....good to know I can just skip watching it then. :)

Prephred
    Nice idea to walk!

Yesterday I did bad!! I ate WAY too much. I entered it all and completed my diary. Time to move on.

On the positive note I did my body toning day. it was an intense arm strength training video from fitness blender. My arms were sore right away. (A good sore not a hurt sore)

Today is community day since I am doing my volunteer job on a organic farm. I love this day!

Have a great day!!!
  • Prephred
    Karendee4 - I have had some bad days too. One day I was over by 500 and didn't figure it out til way after the gym had closed and you don't walk where I live at night. So I logged it and moved on. But I do keep myself honest in the logging even when it the community pitch-in dinner with the lil ol' people =) Boy can some of those ladies cook! I usually don't eat but a protein shake all day long so I can splurge that night.