Intermediate Team Chat Board

Options

Replies

• brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Okay, so yogurt probably won't be available in the apocalypse, but its a very worthy substitute for cooking oil. Not only is it lower in calories, but it gives you a protein boost!

I've tried many recipes, some from scratch, some using pre-made mixes. My favorites so far have been the Trader Joe's fat free brownie mix. Even better than anything I tried from scratch. They are delicious!!!
  • watersm04
    watersm04 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've had a crazy week at work and haven't been able to get my strength workouts in. Does anyone have some strength points they can spot me? I have my cardio because I made sure go for walks during lunch. Would appreciate the help with strength though....
  • admiralducksauce
    Options
    More weird chocolate pudding, since I'm on Team Carl.

INGREDIENTS
    1 medium avocado, ripe
    2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
    2 Tablespoons honey for Paleo diet OR 2 Tablespoons agave nectar for vegans
    6 Tablespoons almond milk
    optional: pistachios or other nut for topping

METHOD
    Cut open the avocado and scoop out the pit. Cut it into large chunks and put in the blender.
    Add the cocoa, honey or agave, and almond milk. Blend, starting on low and then moving to high speed until it is smooth.
    If the avocado is larger, you will need a bit more of each ingredient. If it is too thick, drizzle in a bit more almond milk. Add more cocoa or honey or agave to taste.
    Refrigerate the pudding and serve cold.
  • admiralducksauce
    Options
    Team Carl!
    Cardio yes
    Strength yes
    Challenge hell yes
    Calories hell no
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    @watersm04‌ - I've only got 10 strength minutes to spare - but they're yours if needed.
  • brightsideofpink
    Options
    @watersm04 I have quite a bit of extra strength. I think the need this week was 70 and I hit 135. Take what you need, just note it on the scoreboard :)

• Mrscheyfleming
    Mrscheyfleming Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am also low on strength but actually made all my cardio
  • ToughHippieChick
    ToughHippieChick Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I hope I'm not too late posting this week. I forgot about the time zone difference. Here is my recipe:

SHELF STABLE ENERGY BARS
    2 cups rolled oats
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    ½ teaspoon salt
    1 ½ cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
    2 cups honey roasted peanuts or nuts of your choice (chopped or crushed)
    14 oz. sweetened condensed milk (1 can)
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 cups peanut butter (I used extra chunky)
    2/3 cup water
  • julebg79
    julebg79 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My wierd substitute recipe:

Black bean brownies:

Butter, for greasing pan
    3/4 cup cooked black beans
    1/2 cup vegetable oil, or olive oil
    2 eggs
    1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    2/3 cup sugar
    1 teaspoon instant coffee or espresso
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
    1/3 cup flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, for dusting
    Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 9-inch square baking pan.

In a blender, puree the beans with the oil. Add the eggs, cocoa, sugar, coffee, and vanilla. Melt half the chocolate chips and add to the blender. Blend on medium-high until smooth. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the blender and pulse until just incorporated. Stir in the remaining chocolate chips. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake until the surface looks somewhat matte around the edges and still a bit shiny in the middle, about 20 minutes. Let cool at least 15 minutes before cutting and removing from the pan. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My weird substitution recipe is really simple, I have it for breakfast almost every morning.

When I first got a couple jars of PB2 and PB2 with chocolate, I saw that it said you could make a "mousse" by mixing it with yogurt. I'm guessing with vanilla yogurt, it would be more dessert-like, but what I do is:

1 c. of Fage 2% Total Plain Greek Yogurt
    2 tbs. of PB2 with Chocolate

That amounts to only 215 calories, but 27 grams of protein! So it's my go-to breakfast most weekday mornings. It's not very sweet but just sweet enough.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Only 2 weeks left. If you've made it this far, you're a true survivor, lol. We started with 51 active players (and an equal number of lookie-lous) and we are down to 28 active players.

10 of the original 12 Advanced survived.
    11 of the original 17 Intermediates survived
    Only 7 of the original 22 Beginners survived.

Interesting.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    There's no other suggestions, so this week's punishment is Bring Sally Up. If you haven't done it, it's painful, but the view is excellent. It was a big hit last time and many people chose to be punished several times, even the MVPs and winning team members.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    https://youtu.be/pCy_BSLqN8g
  • brightsideofpink
    Options
    Yay! I love this one. And it will be a little better now that I've worked with a PT on the proper way to squat.
  • ToughHippieChick
    Options
    LOL You're great Cindyinpg
  • maphammonds
    Options
    Oh man....between my regular Friday stength training, the Muscular Arms March challenge, and the Bring Sally Up punishment....I hurt all over :)
  • maphammonds
    Options
    Oh man....between my regular Friday stength training, the Muscular Arms March challenge, and the Bring Sally Up punishment....I hurt all over :)
  • Bmercy21
    Bmercy21 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    So I've had a rough week so I have tons of cardio and only ten minutes of strength if anyone has extra I need 65
  • ToughHippieChick
    Options
    I did fair this week. Hit my strength and cardio, but went over slightly on calories. :/
    My strength is 88/75. I would like to donate my 13 extra strength minutes to Bmercy21.
  • brightsideofpink
    Options
    I have quite a bit extra on strength that I'm happy to donate to Bmercy. Just make note of it when you check in :)

I had a rough start to the week, coming off a stomach bug. Sunday is usually a big gym day for me and I get at least an hour cardio and an hour strength and I missed it this past week because I was so sick. So I was just thankful to hit my minimums, and I had a great session today to pick up lots of make-up minutes.

Everyone is doing so great!