Weekly Post 15/02-21/02/15

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
Fast wise not a perfect week and on my non fast days I also had a bit more than my share. Up a pound...what a surprise :p

Goodies are gone. Lentil panang curry and beef veggie Chilli are cooked and portioned for the next few fast days. I also did 35 min on my rebounder and 35 min with Jillian Michaels today. So that is all good.

The pizza party at my sister's tonight was fun too... The Monday fast will be a necessity, I suppose ;)

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Replies

• jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    @flumi_f - It's not how many times you fall down, it is how many times you get up. You are so good at getting up!
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    So, I have finally figured out why I have had weight issues my whole life. I hadn't been drinking enough wine! :smiley:

This Happy Hour Fave Could Shrink Fat Cells
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Fast day tomorrow!!!!!(Monday) Is it sad that I'm all excited?
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Love your reasoning jknight!!

I didn't fall...just enjoyed my after vacation too much ;) That will be turned around this week :)
  • JJA14
    JJA14 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen -
    Not sad at all! I'm fasting Tues/Thurs this week and already can't wait for it! I thought Monday would be a struggle as I'm at home with the kids all day, not at work.
    Enjoy tomorrow!
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    jknight001 wrote: »
    @flumi_f - It's not how many times you fall down, it is how many times you get up. You are so good at getting up!

Wonderful, I will definitely use this
    First fast today/tonight as on nights
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    jknight001 wrote: »
    So, I have finally figured out why I have had weight issues my whole life. I hadn't been drinking enough wine! :smiley:

This Happy Hour Fave Could Shrink Fat Cells

I know you somewhat jokingly posted the above.

I'm really sorry to burst your bubble...but...since alcohol is interpreted as a toxin to the body, it goes straight to the liver for processing...it also means that as long as there is alcohol in your system, your body is in effect busy, so no stored fat burn meanwhile. It just means you miss out on fat burning if in moderation, FYI. High to abuse level of drinking is a whole other issue.

It takes the body from 30 mins-2 hrs breaking down 1 unit. You can read more about it here, if you want.

I'm not saying this in any moral sense. I still drink occasionally. I just want things to be honest here. Sometimes having a drink is what I need, but I would be fooling myself if I thought that would not impact fat loss. Same goes for fruit and high fructose corn syrup btw, although not toxins, they are metabolized in liver. I miss fruit more than alcohol.

All the little steps we do are CHOICES.

Edit: for clarity.

Please understand that I'm not giving "lectures" to give anyone guilty feelings. I have had a very hard time shifting weight before IF protocol. I still need to use any method available to convince my body into releasing fat cells. I ONLY want to inform, so that you guys can make your own choices about what is the best route for YOU. Cost - effect. Sometimes going on diet break is what is needed, to be able to keep going. whether that is a small daily budget or a week every 6 weeks..or both!
  • Foamroller
    Options
    @Orlcam. Reply from last week. I won't leave you, lol. This group is too good for that!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Foami - I'm in the middle of my pizza - pasta senza gluten experiment :D

Had homemade pizza yesterday - up 1kg overnight
    Barilla spaghetti for lunch today with homemade veggie sauce

Will see what the scale does tomorrow morning. I will give you an update. :)
  • Foamroller
    edited February 2015
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    Foami - I'm in the middle of my pizza - pasta senza gluten experiment :D

Had homemade pizza yesterday - up 1kg overnight
    Barilla spaghetti for lunch today with homemade veggie sauce

Will see what the scale does tomorrow morning. I will give you an update. :)

Will be interesting to know :) I'm not sure if it works that way, though. I had low carb in days previous, THEN the glutenfree pasta with meatsauce and minimum 30g parsley to make it a contrast and create a woosh. But if it works like you're experimenting now, then even better!

• flumi_f
    Options
    Foami: Could be the parsley, as that gets the kidneys working. No parsley in my experiment, so we shall see :)

Oh my...did Jillian Michael's 6 wk / 6pk - abs and 30min on my rebounder yesterday and today.....My abs are in there! I know it, 'cause I feel 'em! ...as well as my inner thighs and arms from all of the different plank and crunch moves, uff! Want to continue with this. It's got to be effective, if I feel my muscles that much within 24h of doing the video. As Jillian says, 'That's when change happens' :p

Enjoy your Sunday!!
  • Foamroller
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Re parsley and kidneys. Oh, Flumi....if you have time and capacity...some time..., I'd looove if you did a writeup of fun or useful food facts! I know, I know...it's complex. Or if you have links that are more in depth than the typical magazine article stating stuff like "boiled tomatoes are good for prostrate" ;) I'm greedy for knowledge.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    I know the kidney and parsley bit through my horse. He had some problems with his kidneys and I was told by a natural practitioner to give him parsley 'tea'. ;-)

I'll see what I can do. They are just tips I picked up here and there or empirical knowledge through my personal experience and data I track.
  • lulu1066
    lulu1066 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    interesting post on alcohol foamroller. having just escaped the blizzard in new england yesterday with a school party of 24 girls, my colleague and i were put up front in the plane, and out of pure relief and elation, we chuffed down a bottle of champagne between us at 8.30am. And I never normally drink anything more than diet coke and tea!
    I've been skiing and eating loads of carbs and meat for 7 days and as a result feel pretty grim really ( hangover may have something to do with it.) so fasting today as I can't wait for Monday. I totally get previous posters who say they actually look forward to fast days! I'm not going to get on the scales until weigh in on Friday, and really really look forward to hearing how everyone is getting on again. I'm back in the saddle! xxx
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Monday's fast!! Smashed it!!!! Well kinda. 503 calories
  • flumi_f
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Are you done already, Karen?? It's just 10AM here.

But I'm definitely fasting. Had a bit of a blow out this weekend. Together with the water retention from too much sodium and sore muscles, I'm at a long time high this morning.....
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    It's 8pm here lol. I'm kicking back on my couch in my pjs
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Good fast, nice swim and night shifts finished, its raining and I am justified in snuggling and snoozing on the sofa o:)
  • lulu1066
    lulu1066 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    well done both of you. monday here too and just getting out of bed! gotta love those timezones.
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    FD for me today. As I'm back at work I decided to skip breakfast & go for a soup + green salad lunch. Not sure what I'm going to do for dinner yet, probably more soup.

Dilemma this week - I'm out for dinner 2 nights in a row but can't do 2 x FD in a row. Which means my next opportunity for a FD will be Friday, which is my day off AND family supper treat night :( Should have thought this one through a bit more. Will probably end up fasting during the day then revising my share of the family supper to stay within 500 cals.