Weekly Post 15/02-21/02/15

Options

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    2nd fast day here, and my husband is cooking Mediterranean chicken tonight. It's our latest find - something we can both have on a FD. It's baked in a bag (Colman's sachet), with chicken breast, lots of veggies like courgettes, peppers and tomatoes, no added fats, and so the result is beautiful tender chicken pieces. He'll add a baked potato or some rice to his, I'll happily eat just chick'n'veg.

I'll be down town tomorrow and want to try Wagamamma's new bento box lunch.

My other great find this week has been redbush tea - really satisfying as a hot drink to tide over the hunger pangs.
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day yall! Oh wait...it's already Thursday??? Omg, party time!!!

My schedule has been kind of crazy at work so I haven't had time to sit at my desk and check out the group :( I also haven't gotten any real fast days in lately! I've gotten into a good habit of fasting on work days because it's easier when I'm busy, but when it's an "abnormal" week there's lots of room for excuses for not fasting lol. Unfortunately, this has made me break my goal of staying under 295. Ugh. Oh well, I am still thankful that I haven't gone over 300 and just need to work harder/go back to basics and get my fast days in. Technically I'm 9 pounds over my "lowest" of 287ish and my 50 pounds down goal, but I am going to just reset myself at 298 (which I am today...yikes!) and start anew instead of letting myself get in a mindset that I'm "failing" because I'm up on the scale. NOPE! I am still succeeding because I am still 41 pounds down and still feel confident in this way of eating. I just have been letting old habits creep in...time to get back to work on the MENTAL side.

I'm going to focus on just cutting back the rest of the week/counting calories, but not aiming for real "fast days" to ease myself back in.
  • mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Finished my 2nd FD of the week yesterday. First 2 FD week since October! Surprisingly easy. Am doing the Daniel Plan for Lent. Day 2 today. Have never successfully completed a Lent objective...will keep you posted.
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    3rd fast day here today! Need to stay strong! I have auto-immune thyroid disease and am having some swelling in my neck that I'm keeping an eye on.
    Nice job to everyone getting back on track, Mwhite, Carbmonster.
    Everyone hold strong!
    Karen great job on fighting off the binge!!!!
    Melanie congrats on your second fast day!
    Flum-she was very smart! I have my Garmin on today counting steps and hopefully I'll get my first run in after work.

Anyone motivated to start an exercise or activity thread here on 5:2? I really don't venture off this group due to the snarky negativity on the other boards.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Chiccam - The sun broke through the fog today. First time in a while....8k walk for me in 90min on my fast day. Makes about 10000steps for me. Greetings from grandma ;)
  • mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    chiccam wrote: »
    Anyone motivated to start an exercise or activity thread here on 5:2? I really don't venture off this group due to the snarky negativity on the other boards.

I'm up for it. Any ideas?

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Feel free to start one chiccam! It is due to people on mfp and a fb fitness group I'm in, that I keep trying new kinds of workouts. Keeps working out fun and challenges my body in new ways.
  • mowbry
    mowbry Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've just read a post on here by foamroller and you have unwittingly answered my question, why I feel cold on fast days. I did put up my salt intake only this week when I researched that salt was important on fast days but it didn't mention feeling cold. I'm a newbie to this and this is my second week and third fast day.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @Carbi. Welcome back ! I've missed you. And I think you're wise to ease back into things. Not black and white thinking, good job :)

@Mowbry. Ty, it's good that all that research is useful for smaller things as well, hehe.

@karen fitzgibbon. I know, I know. I'm usually pretty strict when it's active dieting weeks. BUT. Come, PMS and week before TOM and I've realized that 2-3 days are crazy hormones. It feels like my tummy is hollow. So I allow myself to eat more on those days and forgive myself. Brush off, move on and follow the rules when I wake up from the zombie state. I hope it made sense.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome!!! Today was supposed to be a fast day but thanks to the stupid cyclone Marcia, I have three kids and a husband at home. So we're baking today. Miss 6 is googling healthy biscuits and cakes recipes for be. She's all about healthy choices atm lol.
    If any of you have seen on the news that a cyclone is smashing Queensland? I'm in Hervey Bay, about 2 hours south of where the action is. We're going to get smashed this arvo. I'll keep you guys posted
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Stay safe all.

I will be up for an exercise board. But I will be rather boreing as everything is based on cycling. Even the circuit training is to strengthen my core, so that i can ride for longer.
  • mowbry
    Options
    chiccam wrote: »
    3rd fast day here today! Need to stay strong! I have auto-immune thyroid disease and am having some swelling in my neck that I'm keeping an eye on.

I also have an under active thyroid and take 125mg of Thyroxine daily. My mum discovered it in my Grandma when they thought she had Alzheimer's disease it turned out to be dementia. We were all tested, I have three sisters and we all had it. My youngest sister has had the worst effects of this disease and is struggling. I had my sons tested but as yet they don't have it and I hope they never will. I actually started this diet for two reasons, 1) 5:2 results on the brain primarily dementia 2) my metabolism is so sluggish.

I do hope you can be successful with this plan, as you were in the past, as you are an inspiration to me that I can do this too. Good fast day!
  • mowbry
    Options
    Sorry Chiccam, I meant for my comments to be outside your quote doh!
  • lulu1066
    lulu1066 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Karen!!! stay safe...
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Good positive attitude carb, I am prone to having little slips and turning them into landslides, so 5:2 gives me leeway, but am visiting my mum at the moment, you'd think she was feeding an army all the baking she's done! And roast lamb and fresh bread. Oh well, got 2 fasts in and if I do go bonkers I can squeeze another in over weekend
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Fell off the waggon a bit today, FD yesterday and a 2.5 hour walk this morning, left me feeling a bit wobbly and very hungry, into the butchers for some eggs and they had sausage rolls and pies there calling to me. Never mind I had to get the energy backk as I have a 70 mile bike ride tomorrow. Back on the waggon Monday, next FD Tue.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My 2nd fast day was yesterday and for the first time, I went 22 hours without eating at all. I spent all my calories on one meal, and I really liked it. I also lost again this week even though I ate more gluten free donuts than I should have. That brings my weight loss up to 7.4 lbs since 12/30! So excited. I haven't lost this much weight since like 2007-2008!!!! This is truly the only thing that has worked for me, and I'm loving it.

Have a great weekend!
  • lulu1066
    lulu1066 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That's great news, and lovely that you have really embraced it. Bizarre that we can chuff away on donuts and three course meals and still lose weight, but as you say, it works!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    All safe and sound here. Flooded in and I can't leave my house. But I'm supposed to be on couch rest anyway lol
    The towns north of me copped it a lot worse than us.
    I'm going to attempt a fast day today!!
    Congrats to everyone for their weight loss
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day yall! Oh wait...it's already Thursday??? Omg, party time!!!

My schedule has been kind of crazy at work so I haven't had time to sit at my desk and check out the group :( I also haven't gotten any real fast days in lately! I've gotten into a good habit of fasting on work days because it's easier when I'm busy, but when it's an "abnormal" week there's lots of room for excuses for not fasting lol. Unfortunately, this has made me break my goal of staying under 295. Ugh. Oh well, I am still thankful that I haven't gone over 300 and just need to work harder/go back to basics and get my fast days in. Technically I'm 9 pounds over my "lowest" of 287ish and my 50 pounds down goal, but I am going to just reset myself at 298 (which I am today...yikes!) and start anew instead of letting myself get in a mindset that I'm "failing" because I'm up on the scale. NOPE! I am still succeeding because I am still 41 pounds down and still feel confident in this way of eating. I just have been letting old habits creep in...time to get back to work on the MENTAL side.

I'm going to focus on just cutting back the rest of the week/counting calories, but not aiming for real "fast days" to ease myself back in.

You are a hard 5:2 worker who probably needed a break. How many people out there in the world can say they are down 41 pounds since last fall? Huh? Pretty good work if you ask me.

Just join us where you are at. Your experience is so valuable!