Weekly Post 15/02-21/02/15

Options
124»

Replies

• jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome!!! Today was supposed to be a fast day but thanks to the stupid cyclone Marcia, I have three kids and a husband at home. So we're baking today. Miss 6 is googling healthy biscuits and cakes recipes for be. She's all about healthy choices atm lol.
    If any of you have seen on the news that a cyclone is smashing Queensland? I'm in Hervey Bay, about 2 hours south of where the action is. We're going to get smashed this arvo. I'll keep you guys posted

Oh my! Will say a prayer for you all! I have not heard of a cyclone hitting Australia but, hey, I'm in the U.S. and, from what I have seen and read, the media here probably doesn't know about Queensland. :wink: Thanks for keeping us posted.
  • jknight001
    edited February 2015
    Options
    bburg86 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! My 2nd fast day was yesterday and for the first time, I went 22 hours without eating at all. I spent all my calories on one meal, and I really liked it. I also lost again this week even though I ate more gluten free donuts than I should have. That brings my weight loss up to 7.4 lbs since 12/30! So excited. I haven't lost this much weight since like 2007-2008!!!! This is truly the only thing that has worked for me, and I'm loving it.

Have a great weekend!

Love reading your fresh posts. They bring joy to my heart. Congrats on your success!

P.S. How is the thyroid doing?
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
  • jknight001
    Options
    Week 25 - .6 lbs (0.27 kg )
    Total loss as of 02/20/2015 14.4 lbs (6.53 kg)

Just inching along to my goal.... Have a great weekend, my loves.
  • uptightoutasight
    uptightoutasight Posts: 69 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi, I am not giving up wine even though it doesn't help but I am eating low carb and have learned not to weigh myself if i have a carb high day. Low carb is the way to go for me, and I will do it forever.
    I see a few other Queenslanders here. Isn't this weather the pits? I have tickets to the cricket tonight. :-(
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Oh no!!!! Have they cancelled it?
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am not giving up wine even though it doesn't help but I am eating low carb and have learned not to weigh myself if i have a carb high day. Low carb is the way to go for me, and I will do it forever.
    I see a few other Queenslanders here. Isn't this weather the pits? I have tickets to the cricket tonight. :-(

If I eat pizza or pasta....1 kg more the next morning. ...Water retention. I still weigh daily,but I know why my weight is up. Lots of potassium loaded food and water the next day or a fast always flush it out. Knowing the antidote helps ;)
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Saturday's fast is almost done!!!!!!! Today was difficult. At home with 3 kids and a husband, phew! Kids are in bed. Time to relax with something that's not food... Any suggestions?
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Well, if the kids are in bed.........
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    cal0rina wrote: »
    Well, if the kids are in bed.........
    That's a lot of dots...

I didn't even think of that, I was thinking "a book"...I've lost my edge.

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    You disappoint me Orlcam! B)
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Lmfao you guys are funny. Unfortunately he's laid up in the couch with a nasty case of gout. Nothing too vigorous for him. He howls in pain if I accidentally bump the couch let alone bumping uglies.
    I curled up with a book.
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Mowbry- 5:2 by far has left me feeling the best. I believe there's a lot of repair that happens in the fasting stage. I'm sorry about your mom and Dementia. It's truly scary. My first real symptoms other than fatigue were memory loss, short and long term, it was terrifying at age 37.

Ok I've missed a couple of days. I'll see if an exercise thread has started and if not I'll start one.