Just made Oopsie Bread

Options
Oh my...just found something that can help make this work even better! I am a sandwich lover, always have been. Bread being a no no is ok most of the time, I like lettuse wraps and such just fine...but sometimes.....sometimes I want a sandwhich! Slices of "stuff" between two slices of "something"! I tried tomatoes, but as they are kind of wet, it wasn't working for me well. So, I found the recipe on the DietDoctor site (thank you LCHF launchpad) and tried it out.

It's not "bread"...but it damn well works just fine for a sandwich, or to put some butter on, or if I have enough carbs left for the day, a little almond butter might work. I am so happy right now I could do a little dance!!! (It's the little things people, it's the little things)

Replies

• GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I've heard but never tried making it. I love to use portobello hats for buns.
  • happylifex10
    happylifex10 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love oopsie rolls. They are awesome for a hamburg or a BLT or anything actually. This a.m. I popped a couple of them in the toaster and then put herb and garlic cream cheese on them...yum!
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Ohh...had not thought of toasting them! Hmm..toast them AND make a BLT...oh yummy!
  • happylifex10
    happylifex10 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    just watch them as they don't need long to get toasted
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried the oopsie recipe yet because I found the Muffin in a Minute one first and tweaked it to my liking. I've always preferred the seed-laden multi grain kind of breads, so this works for me: 1 beaten egg, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp butter, 4 TBSP flaxmeal, 1/8 cup sunflower seeds. Mix all well and scrape into a square microwaveable container (I found the perfect size in a small square pyrex baking dish, about 4-5" square). Microwave for 1 minute, 15 seconds. Pop out onto rack or plate to cool.
    I slice this in half horizontally to make two pieces of "bread." It can be toasted to make it lightly crusty, or even better, use it for a tuna melt or grilled cheese in a well buttered pan. YUMMY!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Where do I find the receipe?
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I am eating Alvarado Bakery Flax Bread from Trader Joes or Safeway.. 9 carbs 3 fibers (net carb 6) and 1 g of fat..I like it toasted lightly with Old Fashion Organic Peanut Butter and a little sprinkle of cinnamon
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    @tru2one‌ That sounds really good! That shall be my next project.
  • GSD_Mama
    Options
    I made them todayhscddwwakl32.jpg
    for the first time. 3 were good and 3 were like pancakes. I didn't mix them correct but they were tasty :)
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I love eggs on toast. I'm going to make these, toast them and see how it goes. Thanks. (*)
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    tru2one wrote: »
    Haven't tried the oopsie recipe yet because I found the Muffin in a Minute one first and tweaked it to my liking. I've always preferred the seed-laden multi grain kind of breads, so this works for me: 1 beaten egg, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp butter, 4 TBSP flaxmeal, 1/8 cup sunflower seeds. Mix all well and scrape into a square microwaveable container (I found the perfect size in a small square pyrex baking dish, about 4-5" square). Microwave for 1 minute, 15 seconds. Pop out onto rack or plate to cool.
    I slice this in half horizontally to make two pieces of "bread." It can be toasted to make it lightly crusty, or even better, use it for a tuna melt or grilled cheese in a well buttered pan. YUMMY!

I actually tried Oopsie Bread first and gave most of them to the dog. I couldnt get past the egg smell/texture/weirdness and I LOVE eggs usually. But the MIM i love love love love, did i mention love? it as bread. Hubby and I both use it a lot, for fried egg and bacon with mayo sandwiches, or ham and cheese and mayo sandwiches, etc.

With those with fiber issues, then the oopsie bread might be good, but i just couldnt eat that stuff. I am glad others can tho, seems like a great idea.
  • GSD_Mama
    Options
    What are MIM's?
  • hippygirl325
    hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Oopsie rolls really have helped me with the transition to eating low carb. I think there are good uses for both them and MIM (which I have not tried, but sounds AMAZING!) for different situations. I like to use oopsies for buns on a burger or for a brat or something, anything where I would want some really soft, spongy white bread type stuff. MIM sounds a lot better though for other kinds of sandwiches and stuff. I will definitely have to try it when I have all the ingredients.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    itcphotog wrote: »
    What are MIM's?

I guess its Muffins in Minute (was mentioned earlier).

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • GSD_Mama
    Options
    Oh, never heard of that one. Will need to look for it!
  • Alliwan
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    What are MIM's?

I guess its Muffins in Minute (was mentioned earlier).

Yes. It is the Muffin In A Minute. They are muffins you can make in a mug in the microwave. Those are pretty good, especially with HWC whipped up on top, but i LOVE the bread recipe for it and use that almost everyday for my friend egg sandwiches at breakfast.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options

I looked it up on Google, picked the first one cause it said Lo-Carb:

http://www.food.com/recipe/one-minute-flax-muffin-low-carb-295649

I had the ingredients, and I don't think I ever made anything out of flax seed. So I just made it. I'm eating it as I am typing this.

I made it like the website, but used one packet of Splenda instead of Truvia. For the oil, I used refined coconut oil (no coconut flavor).

I melted one tbsp. of butter and drizzled on top. I used a 2 cup Pyrex measure cup to make it in. It was pretty amazing how big it puffed up!

I'm not disappointed about the taste, but I am not jumping up and down with joy either. I'm thinking it needs a little tweaking (like Tru2one spoke of earlier). Next time I think I'll put some raspberries on top of it.

I hope this helps,

• Alliwan
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »

I looked it up on Google, picked the first one cause it said Lo-Carb:

http://www.food.com/recipe/one-minute-flax-muffin-low-carb-295649

I had the ingredients, and I don't think I ever made anything out of flax seed. So I just made it. I'm eating it as I am typing this.

I made it like the website, but used one packet of Splenda instead of Truvia. For the oil, I used refined coconut oil (no coconut flavor).

I melted one tbsp. of butter and drizzled on top. I used a 2 cup Pyrex measure cup to make it in. It was pretty amazing how big it puffed up!

I'm not disappointed about the taste, but I am not jumping up and down with joy either. I'm thinking it needs a little tweaking (like Tru2one spoke of earlier). Next time I think I'll put some raspberries on top of it.

I hope this helps,

Yeah the mug muffins were ok. But the bread is pretty good. Its amazing how good it is, especially if you've been off bread for awhile. A couple fried eggs, a couple pieces of bacon in between two slices of that bread with a good slathering of mayo? Heaven!

• Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I want to try these but first I have figure out where in the grocery store some of the ingredients are. Is this the one with flaxseed meal or that fiberhusk stuff?
  • dawlfin318
    dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Oh my! This all sounds fantastic! Bookmarking this thread!