Replies

• happylifex10
    happylifex10 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    (*)
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    @GrannyMay, I forgot to mention the pie chart on macros on fitday. I use it to help me decide what I need to include in my next meal. If I am short of one macro I add it to the next meal. I know the numbers on MFP do the same thing. I guess even though I am a numbers person the pie visual helps. I am aiming for grams but seeing the percents helps me.

I like the meals run together because many times I just eat a chicken thigh for breakfast and lunch and I can just double the same entry verses having to open break fast or lunch to do so. I enter my foods as I eat them so I csn pretty much tell what meal I am in.It seems to be less clicking around for me. Annoying though is it makes you log in constantly. I just refresh the page right off now if I have been away from it a few minutes.
  • RATSMITH69
    RATSMITH69 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and congrats to everyone on your victories!

Last week was rough, stomach bug and radiation kicked my butt! But I am back and ready to go at this again. I am so inspired by all of you lovely ladies and continue to be very grateful full all of the positive thoughts and support.

Hope each and every one of you have an amazing day and tons of continued victories.
  • sbom1
    sbom1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    RATSMITH69 wrote: »

Last week was rough, stomach bug and radiation kicked my butt! But I am back and ready to go at this again. I am so inspired by all of you lovely ladies and continue to be very grateful full all of the positive thoughts and support.

Hope each and every one of you have an amazing day and tons of continued victories.

Glad you're back-sorry about last week; hang in there!
  • sbom1
    Options
    Forgot to report on my first week of intermittent fasting results-down a pound!!!! Ate low carb, 3 days of fasting (each day around 500 cals).
  • shadesofidaho
    Options
    I do hope it works for you sbom1.

I did not drop more today but gained back .4 of a pound. My thoughts are I worked so hard in the yard digging weeding squatting over and over for over 4 hours yesterday my muscles are complaining and sore. I heard some where this can cause a bit of weight gain in water retention. I anxiously await tomorrows weigh-in. Yes I am an every day weigh person and always will be. I hit from the scale for over 2 years and it did me no good. LOL
  • happylifex10
    happylifex10 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    RATSMITH69 wrote: »

hope you are feeling better this week and you have my positive thoughts heading in your direction <3
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone <3 I've had my son and grandson staying, then my husband rostered off for 2 days. He's working later today and then has tomorrow off for his knee and hip x-rays and ultrasounds so I haven't had much online time. I've read all the posts and send my love and prayers to all of those who are ill, or recovering <3 and my congratulations to all of those working hard, fasting, reducing calories <3 and know that if the scales haven't praised you yet, they *will*.

I'm up 400 grams (1 lb) on the lowest weight I reached Sunday, but we all know that's how it goes and it will come back down when it's ready.
  • sbom1
    Options
    Good fasting day yesterday. And enjoying my coffee with coconut oil this morning! Have a good one ladies.
  • cathy120861
    cathy120861 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon All -- i saw my pulmonologist yesterday (i was diagnosed with chronic obstructive lung disease last may) and a good time was had by all. She was thrilled with my progress. I dont think she is used to people actually following her instructions when she tells them to lose weight and exercise.

Interestingly, she advised increasing my pilates and yoga. Both activities focus on conscious breathing and will be excellent for my lungs, she says.

I have a question: I notice people writing about "fat bombs" quite a bit. Maybe i am just put off by the name, but I still have at least thirty pounds to lose and am wondering if any of you guys use them while trying to lose (or used to use them when you were trying to lose). Any information at all would be much appreciated.
  • GrannyMayOz
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Congrats sbom, you're doing so well!

Awesome news on your pulmonary appointment Cathy!

I've made only one batch of fat bombs - it made 12 nearly 2 weeks ago, and I have 3 left (I kept them in the freezer). So I have really enjoyed them when I'm hungry and still have the macros to allow them. I don't eat anything sweet so mine are savoury...
    200g / 7 oz cheese (ideally grated)
    125g / 4.4 oz softened cream cheese
    62g / 2.2 oz softened butter
    approx. 1/8 C heavy cream
    approx. 1/4 C coconut oil, melted
    Seasonings (garlic powder, chili powder, crumbled bacon, chives…)
    Optional: toasted nuts or seeds (sunflower, sesame…)

Line 12 tiny, or 6 larger, individual muffin pans with half the grated cheese. Melt at 180°C / 350°F for 4 mins and allow to cool. In a bowl combine cream cheese and butter, then cream, coconut oil and seasonings. Place mixture over cooled melted cheese and freeze. Cover with remaining grated cheddar and quickly grill to melt top cheese, cool a little then freeze until wanted.
    (Makes 12 tiny muffins)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    6am is still sleep time for me - for obvious reasons. I hear it's a beautiful time of day ;)

Oh, I didn't expect that answer, I thought it would be a cut of cold meat like your bolony (which is polony to me). We don't have pastrami either, but I'm guessing it's similar. It actually sounds quite nice - the Reuben I mean. Neither hungry nor nauseous, never fear.

@GrannyMayOz pastrami is NOT anything like bologna (which is nasty as heck). It is more like a spiced roast beef. Imagine pepperoni/salami spices on a good roast beef.
  • GrannyMayOz
    Options
    Yes, polony is awful 'regurgitated' stuff too. Yet if you take a child to a deli counter the staff will more often than not give the child a slice :( I'll try to remember about pastrami, thank you. It sounds a lot nicer than polony :D
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I've always heard corned beef for a reuben, but my man loves his pastrami (prefers the beef to turkey variety, but you almost can't find the beef one where we live, so he deals with the other). To me, it is overseasoned. I might use one slice with a bunch of other stuff, but it's more expensive, so I leave him to it. And I loveLOVE salami and pepperoni, so the spicing proportions are different. I am NOT a fan.

Bologna makes me sick, even the all beef kinds. I can tolerate hot dogs (similar components, but only if grilled and buried in something more palatable.... They make me sick, too, though I haven't tried them since changing my WOE...
  • GrannyMayOz
    Options
    Polony is quite a lot like the insides of a hotdog. Pale pink, similar 'fine mince' texture.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Polony is quite a lot like the insides of a hotdog. Pale pink, similar 'fine mince' texture.

Idiot americans - bologna is "bolony" as you spell it. I'm guessing Polony is the Oz version?
  • shadesofidaho
    Options
    Good morning and night to a few of you. Happy day again 14 days in a row now with only one day being the same weight and one day a slight raise of .4 of a pound. I am almost to tip over to the 4 pounds down. Hoping tomorrow will be that day.

So far tracking on the other site has really helped me. I have no clue why, if the difference between two sites is so slight. I have not really changed anything except I did add the Choline and Inositol 500MG about a week or so ago. One a day. It is supposed to help with IR. I forget who talked about it and I had some on hand to give to hubby in his pill mix so I started them too. They are inexpensive.

The loss is slow and I am fine with that as long as it keeps going down with any major bounces back up. I was feeling pretty discouraged after a 3 month stall and being so good to never cheat.

It is raining oh happy day for my newly transplanted Bergenia. They will be lovely in their new spot. They can run wild as they choose and not over power the smaller plants like they were doing in their old bed. I am off to my glass work. Have a good one ladies.
  • RATSMITH69
    RATSMITH69 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day Everyone! Woke up with tons of energy and raging to go so look out work here I come. :D Hope everyone has a great day. Come on, we can do this!
  • shadesofidaho
    Options
    You have a great day too Ratsmith. Good to hear you are having energy.
  • sbom1
    Options
    Good morning and night to a few of you. Happy day again 14 days in a row now with only one day being the same weight and one day a slight raise of .4 of a pound. I am almost to tip over to the 4 pounds down. Hoping tomorrow will be that day.

So far tracking on the other site has really helped me. I have no clue why, if the difference between two sites is so slight. I have not really changed anything except I did add the Choline and Inositol 500MG about a week or so ago. One a day. It is supposed to help with IR. I forget who talked about it and I had some on hand to give to hubby in his pill mix so I started them too. They are inexpensive.

The loss is slow and I am fine with that as long as it keeps going down with any major bounces back up. I was feeling pretty discouraged after a 3 month stall and being so good to never cheat.

It is raining oh happy day for my newly transplanted Bergenia. They will be lovely in their new spot. They can run wild as they choose and not over power the smaller plants like they were doing in their old bed. I am off to my glass work. Have a good one ladies.

Woo Hoo! I agree, slow is fine; stall not fine. Fast day again for me today, going for 3 this week. Down a pound after the loooong stall and feeling good.