Over 50s Ladies - Our Special Needs

Options

Replies

• GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    sbom1 wrote: »
    Hi Shades and Granny! I know we must have a lot of lurkers out there...come on chime in and let us know how you're doing/what you're doing. No haters here (wow some of the threads lately...)

Definitely agree - lady lurkers welcome here. Pull up a chair and a BPC and chat.

"(wow some of the threads lately...)" Hmmm indeed. I silently applauded one of your responses where you named the problem with appropriate and truthful labelling. Some people just want the 'poor me' crown no matter who they have to trample to get it :s
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Slugging down some regular coffee with HWC right now after vacuuming the whole house. Was bad today after being in the yard three days and very little house work done. I seem to have brought a lot of the yard back in with me. Will be scrubbing the floors next. This is such a busy time of the year.

I am still logging my foods at FitDay instead of MFP. Feeling I am getting more accurate reports and weight is dropping by tenths daily. 2 pounds down in 6 days so far. I will take any drop I can get. So tired of losing the same three or four pounds. I have been bashed more than once for being so anal and how I should not worry about counting. Course mostly from young ones that have no clue to the weight loss issues us more mature women have. The real test will be once I am back to my lowest ever loss if it will keep going down. Stay tuned.

Hope every one has a great weekend. Hoping to get back out into the yard after I get this house cleaned up. I did a big revamp of the side yard last summer and anxiously awaiting to see the results. Still fine tuning. As long as I am out in the yard no matter the out come I am happy.
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Shades, congrats on your loss! I'm glad more accurate stats on FitDay are helping you. Yeah, those young ones are sometimes a bit big-britches in their responses to us. ;) We will definitely stay tuned to your further weight loss adventures!
  • shadesofidaho
    Options
    Thanks Wheatlessgirl. It has been a pretty frustrating 3 months of stalls. I should now how it is going to go this time in the next few days.
  • GrannyMayOz
    Options
    You're always so busy Shades, you inspire me! This person here ;) spends faaaarrr too much time on the computer - though I have run on the treadmill today thankfully ;)

I'm so pleased that you are happier with fitday. I'd forgotten about them and did have an account many moons ago. I've just started up a new acc and will log in both tomorrow and see what I think. I love the forum here though so I won't change that.

Gardens have a horrible habit of liking to come indoors don't they?
  • GrannyMayOz
    Options
    Yesterday I got on the scales expecting the usual and was shocked to find that I was down at entire half a kilo (500 grams/1.1 lbs) which was exciting after 2 days of being stressed and sleeping badly. I expected to gain it again quickly but this morning I was the exact same weight *and* after my tummy (at the fattest part) staying the exact same measurement ever since I started this WOE 58 days ago suddenly lost 2 cms (almost an inch). As if all that wasn't enough, my waist, which had gone *up* 2 cms, has suddenly dropped to 1cm below starting size. Wow!!! <3

I have a note on my sheet that I'd read somewhere, it takes 2 months to become an efficient fat burner. It will be my 2 month anniversary on Monday. Kinda funny really!

So happy to have felt well and with sufficient energy for a whole week after the variety of things I suffered for most of my initial 48 days on keto. It seems that at last I'm through the flu *and* hopefully, have hit weight loss mode. We will see if all of that continues.

Hubby is at work since 3pm and will be home around midnight but he's home tomorrow (Sunday) woo hoo!
  • wheatlessgirl66
    Options
    Oh, GrannyMay, that's so awesome! I'm thrilled for you! It feels so great when all the effort pays off in a big morning surprise. :D I do hope it keeps right on going. What a great start to your weekend! <3
  • GrannyMayOz
    Options
    @wheatlessgirl <3 thank you <3 And I'm so happy you enjoyed me teasing Fit_Goat in the other thread too. He's someone I respect, a lot.

I guess you're not far into your Saturday. It's 7pm here. Have an awesome weekend o:)
  • wheatlessgirl66
    Options
    Yep, it's about to hit 6 am, and time for a 2nd cup of coffee. You and Goat made me laugh!

BTW, a reuben sandwich is made with piles of pastrami, sauerkraut, dressing pretty much like Thousand Island, and Swiss cheese on hearty bread like pumpernickle. Grilled with plenty of butter. Probably my husband's fave sandwich.

I probably just made you either very hungry or very nauseous! ;)
  • GrannyMayOz
    Options
    6am is still sleep time for me - for obvious reasons. I hear it's a beautiful time of day ;)

Oh, I didn't expect that answer, I thought it would be a cut of cold meat like your bolony (which is polony to me). We don't have pastrami either, but I'm guessing it's similar. It actually sounds quite nice - the Reuben I mean. Neither hungry nor nauseous, never fear.
  • sbom1
    sbom1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got on the scales expecting the usual and was shocked to find that I was down at entire half a kilo (500 grams/1.1 lbs) which was exciting after 2 days of being stressed and sleeping badly. I expected to gain it again quickly but this morning I was the exact same weight *and* after my tummy (at the fattest part) staying the exact same measurement ever since I started this WOE 58 days ago suddenly lost 2 cms (almost an inch). As if all that wasn't enough, my waist, which had gone *up* 2 cms, has suddenly dropped to 1cm below starting size. Wow!!! <3

I have a note on my sheet that I'd read somewhere, it takes 2 months to become an efficient fat burner. It will be my 2 month anniversary on Monday. Kinda funny really!

So happy to have felt well and with sufficient energy for a whole week after the variety of things I suffered for most of my initial 48 days on keto. It seems that at last I'm through the flu *and* hopefully, have hit weight loss mode. We will see if all of that continues.

Hubby is at work since 3pm and will be home around midnight but he's home tomorrow (Sunday) woo hoo!

(*)
  • shadesofidaho
    Options
    @GrannyMay, Congratulations on the weight and inches. So happy for you. Always cheers me up to see others losing.

So far this is day 8 at Fitday. I have lost 3.2 pounds today. Of course it is the same three pounds I have been losing and gaining for the last three months. So I am very happy and waiting until tomorrow to see if I get the big upswing in weight as usual or continue to drop. I might stay level too and I am good with that as long as it does not take the 3 pound jump on me again. LOL If I had tracked it all along I bet I have lost close to 50 pounds or more losing the same three pounds and gaining it back overnight.

I do think it is time to try on another pair of pants from the hamper. The smaller sizes.

It is partly sunny today. A storm is supposed to arrive tonight. I have some radish seeds to plant. Loving the fried radishes so much volume for so little carbs. I leave room for them at dinner.

I have not double tracked MPF to Fit Day. I do not have time to do so. I feel like I am eating more tracking on fitday than I was tracking MPF. I did notice Fitday counts fractions of things where MPF rounds them off. It is just tiny things but maybe they add up enough to make a difference for me. Time will tell. After three months of constant disappointment I had to do some thing. I agree though the forums are good on MPF. I think I did the FD forums years ago. I do not remember much from then. I did look back and it was 2009 to 20012 I was at Fitday before.
  • wheatlessgirl66
    Options
    @shadesofidaho, A 3.2 pound loss is fantastic, and I hope it's gone for good this time. Having to pull out a smaller size of pants is a Very Good Thing! Congratulations!

Fried radishes? Never had them, but you can be sure I'll try them. Thanks for expanding my culinary horizons. :)

• happylifex10
    happylifex10 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    @shadesofidaho‌ , congrats on the 3.2 loss- see you are already over the 2-3 you seem to always loose and then find....you are on a weight loss roll now...so happy for you. @GrannyMayOz‌, congrats to you as well on your loss.

NSV to share: Hubby and I went out to dinner tonight and they placed a warm loaf of bread on our table and I watched my hubby have about 3 slices and it didn't bother me at all and then I thought, I'll just have a little bite/taste....I took a small piece, put a little bit of butter on it, chewed it a couple times and then spit it out in my napkin...............I don't think I have ever done that before in my life.....bread (especially warm) has always been my favourite and tonight, it tasted like crap.......big victory for me!!
  • shadesofidaho
    Options
    Thanks Happylifex, hoping to morrow is not a disappointment.

Great NSV for you. That would be hard for me. So glad you passed with flying colors.

I did not get around to trying on the pants. Guess I should go do that now. Stay tuned. LOL
  • sbom1
    sbom1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hey good scale and non-scale victories ladies!!!
    Completed a good fast day today with dinner of roasted chicken, steamed broccoli with touch of butter and mashed cauli with touch of boursin cheese. 3rd fast day this week-fairly easy. 475 cals today.
  • GrannyMayOz
    Options
    Thanks sbom <3 And oh wow, so happy that you're enjoying the fasting and doing so well with it. I hope you get awesome results!

@Shades I do hope your weight loss remained, or was even added to. I ended up writing yesterday's food in FitDay and it said I'd eaten far higher calories and macros compared to the same food in MFP. So (and I'm only basing this on 1 of my day's food, which is far from science!) I guess it's possibly your weight is doing better because you're eating fewer calories? But if you feel your eating more then that's fantastic :D I totally loved the nutrient panel for each food on FitDay, but I prefer MFPs split into meals. I guess we can't have it all ways.

I can't imagine fried radishes. You do mean those tiny round balls that are red on the outside, white inside and have a peppery/hot flavour?

@happylife That's definitely a NSV congratulations! I'd have walked barefoot over broken glass to get to warm, crusty bread with butter too but haven't tasted any yet since my 58 days keto. I'm so happy for you!

For my news, I'm absolutely stunned to have lost another new 500 grams this morning. Admittedly I've been eating a lot less the past 5 days, but am shocked to be achieving something for the 'effort'. I did the exact same thing a few weeks ago with no benefit at all. However, I did read somewhere "It can take up to 2 months to become an efficient fat burner". Well, it's my 2 month anniversary tomorrow so talk about doing things on schedule LOL

So that's my scale victory - for the second time in 3 days. But there's an NSV here too because I've always had a fear of eating too little. One of my grandmothers lived on white bread, butter and jam (jelly) and laxatives. She broke her arm at one point when I was 14 and had to come live with us to be cared for and I remember her bony body covered with white, dry, loose skin and my mother (who is a covert narcissist, though I hadn't realised all of that yet) going on and on behind her back about her being frail, skin and bone, and a whole lot more. I've known for many years that my fear of under-eating came from that and there's never been anything I could do about it. But now, knowing that being ketogenic means that my body can use and burn my body fat, all of that has turned around and I'm finally, 40 years later, not afraid any more. I'm off to the 'goals page' to change my daily goals to lower figures and hope the weight losses continue. I will experiment with my hunger and results as to whether I do eat back some of my exercise calories though. We shall see. My body has been looking different all along, but I'm really fascinated now. I've only lost 4.5 kgs / 10 lbs but even I can see how much slimmer I look. Like Shades, I've yet to try any clothes that I couldn't fit into before. I'll leave that surprise for another day.
  • happylifex10
    happylifex10 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Good for you @GrannyMayOz‌ , another loss, excellent!

I have got into a smaller pair of pants and have notched the belt one more size but still don't feel any smaller as I can't get rid of the belly fat.....why does it come off the face, boobs and *kitten* first and stall at the belly..urrggghhhhh.

@sbom1‌ - I don't know how you do the fasts; I like my food too much but kudos for you...hope you get the results you were hoping for and maybe one day I can give it a try to change things up (I've heard it helps with the stalls) I just sent you a friend request to see your diary and see what you do on these fasts)

@shadesofidaho‌ - try on those pants girl!

Have a great keto day ladies
  • wheatlessgirl66
    Options
    @sbom, you're doing so great on your eating plan! I'm glad you're enjoying it and are motivated to keep on going.

@Granny, EXCELLENT loss! And yeah, dig out those britches and feel the loss! Those of us who have been struggling with trying to lose weight for 40 years, and are FINALLY understanding why---it's particularly exciting to see fat and weight going down. I'm so excited for you.

@happylife, yay for the smaller pants and belt notch! The lower scale numbers will kick in soon, I'm sure. Keep on going!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
  • shadesofidaho
    Options
    @sbomb. I do hope the fasting works for you.
    @GrannyMay Congratulations on another significant loss. I hope the macro change helps. No idea why Fidday macros ar different. I still have not bothered to log more that a few things to check. When Chicken thigh an even coffee were different I decided to stick with logging on fitday. I really do not feel I am eating less calories and I am less hungry that I was on MPF. Foods are the same. I think I upped my meat consumption and lowered my fat just a little bit. I wonder if because fitday counts in tenth and does not round up if that makes a big difference.

NSV Last night I did try on three pair of pants.Before LCHF I could not get any up beyond by butt. One pair fits nicely is not slightly loose and the other pair button no zip quite yet.Very happy.

Scale victory another 4 tenths of a pound down. Slow is fine with me.

@Happylife So happy your pants fit too.

Happy Day ladies. The expected rain has not come yet. Hoping it happens.