Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Frodo and I are walking to Mt. Doom...

Replies

• SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    bregalad5 wrote: »
    Hey there, it's too late to join you on your particular quest, but I'm going to embark on my own :)

Do it!
    I'm sure we'll see you somewhere along the road!

• SeriouslySta
    edited April 2015
    Day 49 - The 11th Day of April in the 2015th Year of The Third Age (by Shire reckoning)
    We walked 5.66 miles, today, for a total of 244.22

We climbed Weathertop and explored the ruins of the Tower of Amon. Far below us, we saw black figures - and my heart sank.

Frodo and I cautiously made our way down, and returned to the dell. We considered staying there overnight once more; but Frodo was restless, so we chose, instead, to travel south a bit, first. I am glad we did: In the night there arose from behind us a horrible screeching! I can only assume it was the Black Riders discovering that their quarry had evaded them...
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    edited April 2015
    Hey there, it's too late to join you on your particular quest, but I'm going to embark on my own :)

Do it!
    I'm sure we'll see you somewhere along the road!

:)

Day 1 - 3.42 miles.

I crossed the water on a bridge. I'm afraid of heights so it was really scary, and it was getting dark, so I stopped for the night.

(Funny thing is, I just started playing LotRO again with a co-worker (I played pretty hardcore for a while)... so I'm going to do screenshots of my journey for giggles. Hopefully we don't have the GIANT IMAGE ISSUE. If so, I'll edit and not do it again.)

I had a hobbit snap this photo of me on the bridge not long before I stopped for the night.

ScreenShot00007.jpg

Edit, it looks like the image isn't too bad. If it annoys any of you, just let me know and I'll stop, no hard feelings :)
  • SeriouslySta

Edit, it looks like the image isn't too bad. If it annoys any of you, just let me know and I'll stop, no hard feelings :)

Love it!
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 50, being the Twelfth of April
    5.27 miles. 249.49 total

Our way takes us southward.
  • bregalad5

Love it!

:D

3.59 miles today, totaling 7.01. I crossed the Great Road and entered Tookland. After 12 hours of walking today, though, I couldn't do much more so I stopped to rest. Tomorrow I plan to get out of sight of Hobbiton so that I stop looking back and can stop longing to go home. I'm going on an ADVENTURE!
  • bregalad5
    Day 3:
    5.97 miles, totaling 12.98. Today wasn't a great day. I had a meager supper, and we all know that as a hobbit that's just not good enough. I ate under some birch trees then moved on and while I could see Stock Road in the distance, I couldn't quite make it there before needing to sleep.

ScreenShot00008_1.jpg

(the road on the left of the picture is actually Stock Road..)
  • pahanda48
    pahanda48 Posts: 12 Member
    exactly 91 miles in total
  • SeekerOfPatterns
    SeekerOfPatterns Posts: 3 Member
    So awesome that you're starting this! I've been doing it on and off for many many years -- probably started sometime in the early 2000s, but with long stretches of not tracking. But I've done almost all of the LotR walks. I've walked to Rivendell, then to the Falls and the sundering, then have followed everyone on their separate paths. I'm now walking the length of the eagles who are rescuing Frodo and Sam... that is one long walk and I wish eagles could fly me there too! I'll do the return to the Shire after that. It's been a long, long road!
  • bregalad5
    Day 4, the 16th of April

I walked 3.46 miles, bringing my total up to 16.44 miles from my dear family home. This leg of my journey was quite uneventful. I reached Stock Road and sang a little bit to keep my spirits up. Here's my view of The Shire from tonight's campsite:

ScreenShot00009.jpg
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 51 - The Thirteenth Day of April, in the 2015th year of the Third Age (by Shire reckoning)
    Today, we managed 6.07, for a total of 255.56
    We are in the tickets on the south side of the Great East Road.

Day 52 - April the Fourteenth
    3.55 miles, total of 259.11
    More of the thickets!

Day 53 - 15th April
    5.81 miles, 264.92 total
    Thickets!

Day 54 - 16th April
    5.05, 269.97
    Thickets. Thickety-thickety thickets.

Day 55 - 17th April
    Still more thickets.
    6.13 miles of thickets.
    Thankfully, not all 276.10 miles of journey have been through thickets.

Day 56 - 18th April
    4.46, 280.56
    Thickets.

Day 57 - 19th April
    5.02, 285.58
    We continue in thickets.

Day 58 - 20th April
    2.4, 287.98
    Thi-

Day 59 - 21st April
    1.88, 289.86
    -ckets.

Day 60 - 22nd April
    We've gone 5.12 miles... And look: Thickets!
    (294.98)

Day 61 - 23rd April
    6.36, 301.34
    Aye, Captain, there be thickets here.

Day 62 - 24th April
    5.59, 306.93
    It's my Mother's birthday - and I am surrounded by thickets.
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 63 - April the 25th
    6.04 miles, 312.97 total
    We are following a wide, shallow, curving valley.
    With thickets.

Day 64 - April 26th
    Apparently, the thickets are giving me a pain: I was only able to manage 2.71 miles today (for a total of 315.68).

Day 65 - April 27th
    Made up for yesterday's poor progress, with 6.3 miles today.
    We continue along the valley, having traveled 321.98 miles from our own dear front doorstep.
  • SeriouslySta
    The 66th Day of our journey, being the 28th of April in the year 2015 since the dawn of the Third Great Age of Middle Earth
    We made 5.44 miles, along the valley. (327.42 total)

Day 67 - The 29th of April
    7.06 miles, 334.48 total
    Excellent progress

Day 68 - The Last of April
    7.09, 341.57
    At last, the land is beginning to rise!

Day 70 - The First of May
    5.58 miles, 347.15 total
    The ground slopes upward, and we can see a huddle of hills ahead.

Day 71 - The Second Day of May
    5.7 miles, a total of 352.85
    Time for a song, I think:
    From this valley they say you are going,
    When you go, may your darling go too?
    Would you leave her behind unprotected,
    When she loves no one other than you?
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    I think this is the coolest challenge ever! I'm completely in!
  • ptsmiles
    edited May 2015
    Day 1(Yesterday) I've crossed the water on a plank bridge and am only half a mile from Tookland. Although, I have only traveled 4.5 miles, I miss the Shire something aweful. I am greatful to have my dear friend Sam and our other companions by my side, as I fear this trip would not be possible without them.
  • ptsmiles
    Day 2 (Yesterday) I crossed The Great Road from the Brandywine Bridge and made it to Tookland. I journied a bit further and almost made it to Green Hill Cemetary.
  • bregalad5
    I'm going to update soon
  • SeriouslySta
    ptsmiles wrote: »
    I think this is the coolest challenge ever! I'm completely in!

Isn't it?!?
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 71 - The Third of May

After days upon days of thickets and valley, today's 5-miles-and-three-quarters seemed positively eventful!
    The rising land brought us within sight of the Loudwater. (It's a sight I'll not soon forget!)
    Our way brought us at last to the Great East Road once more. We crossed the River Hoarwell/Mitheithel at the Last Bridge.
    We have now traveled 358.6 miles.
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 72 - The Fourth of May
    6.34 miles more, our journey totaling 364.94 to date

We turned north from the Road, and found ourselves embarking upon the trials of the steep lands of the Trollshaws.
    On every side, amongst the hills, there are ruined walls and towers looming oppressively, as though to forbid our passage. Within a mile of our first sighting, they had closed in, as the hills rose around us.

The footing is treacherous, and the going difficult.
    If my mind were easier, I would heartily welcome this night's sleep!