Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Frodo and I are walking to Mt. Doom...

123457»

Replies

• SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    Day 73 - The Fifth day of May

We climb and climb. Yet, in my eagerness to escape the frowning ruins close around us, we made a fair distance since morning.
    We made another 7.85 miles, today, for a total of 372.79.
  • SeriouslySta
    The Sixth day of May, being the Seventy-Fourth of this Journey
    (7.53 miles, 380.32 total)

It began to rain, about a mile-and-a-quarter from last night's campsite. The cold deluge continued throughout the day, as we climbed ever higher.

The hill-faces grew so steep that we were forced to turn aside from our path, to work our way, instead, Northward.

It seems almost too lucky that - as our limbs grew too heavy to carry us further - we found a sheltering site to rest for the night. (A stone ledge beside a shallow cave may not seem like much; but, bone-weary, we are grateful for all respite from the weather they provide us!)
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 75, The Seventh of May

Today, we turned SE. The terrain was rocky. We found a valley, where the way seemed easier - but it ended in a high ridge. Scrambling over the ridge, we got very chilled. The way after, though, downslope, was easier, and by late afternoon, the sun broke through.

We pushed further than we have, yet. We decided to stop for the night, once we'd found a promising trail to take us through the woods.

(9.13 miles. 389.45 total)
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 76 - The Eighth of May
    (7.4 miles, 396.85 total)

Taking the trail through the woods, we passed a troll hole, then a clearing with stone trolls.
    Could these really be Mister Bilbo's trolls?!?
    He entertained us, as children, with his stories, but I never quite believed them...

I wonder what other legends will be made real for me, as we continue our journey!
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 77 -May 9th
    (2.72 miles, 399.57 total)

Continuing on our path through the woods, away from the stone trolls.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    edited May 2015
    Day 12, the 23rd of April (46.72mi):
    We had a couple scares with black riders but managed to escape. On this night we camped at Woody End, overlooking the village of Woodhall.
    ScreenShot00019_1.jpg

Day 16, the 27th of April (60.52mi):
    We crept into Farmer Maggot's fields, hehe. Can you see me? Thankfully he couldn't :)
    ScreenShot00021_1.jpg

Day 19, the 30th of April (73.82mi):
    We finally reached the Buckleberry Ferry landing and crossed. We managed to make it to Crickhollow and spent the night there.
    ScreenShot00022_1.jpg
  • bregalad5
    edited May 2015
    Day 20, the 1st of May (77.25mi):
    We entered The Old Forest through a really creepy looking tunnel...
    ScreenShot00024_1.jpg

Day 26, the 7th of May (99.37mi):
    After getting lost in the Old Forest for a few days, today we ended up at some really weird guy named Tom Bombadil's house.
    ScreenShot00026_1.jpg

Day 30, the 11th of May (113.4mi):
    We were captured by wights in the Barrow-Downs... they're not very friendly :/ I really don't like it here and I want to go home!!! :(
    ScreenShot00028_1.jpg
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 78 - The 10th of May
    My bones were weary today. Though the path brought us to the end of the woods and onto the Road, we only made 2.53 miles, for a total of 402.10. I hope to rest well this night, and - on the morrow - resume our average pace!

Day 79 - May the 11th
    (4.90 miles, 407 total)
    Still a little weary; but made good progress, still. Grateful for the easy going on the Road!

Day 80 - May the 12th
    (5.32 miles, 412.32 total)
    Having resumed a better pace, we continue along the Road.

Day 81 - 13th May
    (5.62 miles, 417.94 total)
    We still take the Road. I, for one, do not mind the comparative boredom!

Day 82 - 14th May
    (6.48 miles, 424.42 total)
    Made good progress, today!

Day 83 - 15th May
    (5.02 miles, 429.44 total)
    Crossed a small stream, and came to an excellent place to stop for the night.
    As the sun slowly sank, I reflected on how far we have come. It seems incredible to me that we have been traveling for nearly three months - and that, three months ago, I could not have imagined undertaking this journey!

Day 84 - 16th May
    Still taking the Road. Made 6.72 miles today - an excellent distance! - for a total of 436.16.
  • RougeSara
    RougeSara Posts: 60 Member
    So sad I miss this. I'll join the next one tho.
  • bregalad5
    RougeSara wrote: »
    So sad I miss this. I'll join the next one tho.

You can join any time. We're all at completely different stages
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 85 - The Seventeenth of May
    (5.52 miles, 441.68 total)
    We are keeping to the road. It has been some mile-and-a-half since it made a bend to the right. Now, it runs downhill toward the River Bruinen.

Day 86 - The Eighteenth of May
    (4.3 miles, 445.98 total)
    The road continues to slope downward. To either side, it is very lush, with much grass.

Day 87 - The Nineteenth of May
    (3.53 miles, 449.51 total)
    The road plunged through a cutting of red stone with tall pines. We are stopping midway across the grassy flat
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 88 - The Twentieth of May
    (6.5 miles, 456.01 total)

Completed the grassy flat, and made our crossing at the Ford.

Hard to believe that, after this long journey, tomorrow I should catch my first glimpse of Rivendell at last!
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 89 - Being the twenty-first of May in the 2015th year of the great Third Age of Middle Earth (by Shire reckoning)

At last.
    At last we have found our way to Rivendell.