You Be YOU, I'll Be ME Member Support in the LCD/Keto Groups

Options
124»

Replies

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Any diet that lets me eat cheese at every meal and snack can never get boring for me! :wink:
  • Keliandra
    Keliandra Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    For some reason, my web-browser is convinced that I am in Britain. So, it often will mark American spellings wrong and suggest the British style spellings.

Mine is set up to accept both. Drives my friends nuts that I am fluent in both ;-)
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    Any diet that lets me eat cheese at every meal and snack can never get boring for me! :wink:

heheheeh.. years ago when I discovered Adkins I remember my tall skinny hubby laffing like crazy because i said " Yakyakyak (describing excitedly).…and I can have BUTTER!" I got teased, but it worked! dipping lobster in melted butter? I was i heaven. Low fast was almost torture..buying that disgusting unreal butter-substitute in a tub that released water if it sat too long, and puddled on top..I wondered what the heck yellow pseudo-oil was left.

• DianaElena76
    Options
    I just keep thinking.... had I been carnivorous the first time I tried Atkins I definitely would have been a convert for life! The vegetarian version was horrendous. Although it DID get me started eating meat (otherwise I would've starved!). :wink:
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I lost weight decently on Atkins, too, but once I figured out how much I could cheat and stay in ketosis, it was a downhill slide. I wish someone had told me about LCHF/Keto back then, because that was 12 years ago or so... :) Coulda shoulda woulda, right? LOL Then I wouldn't have gotten to meet all you awesome folks!
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Atkins was so good for me way back then and I think it is now again just slower partly because I am so much older. I can not really point to the day I drifted away or why. This time I am not going to drift away. It is too hard to lose the weight. Just like when I quit smoking. I will not go back to it. It was too hard to quit. It is not hard for me to do Atkins. just getting started was hard. I think keto is also great but I think for me trying to do Atkins and getting caught up in keto was just confusing me. I am actually looking forward to moving into keto once I have lost my weight.

As far as the cheats. I am trying to stay away from them as much as possible. The cream cheese pancakes I made were icky to me. My biggest cheat is some walnuts tucked into cream cheese or peanut butter and flax seed mixed with a bit if liquid stevia or an ounce of cream cheese with a little bit of the dry stevia sprinkled on it. I try to only do these cheats when I have room left in my macros to accommodate the additions.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    That was the thing - when on Atkins, I did the sugar alcohols stuff (which tore me up, I must say), but I never was able to kick the sugar/sweet/cravings/junk habits the way I have been here since I went LCHF, then keto.... That for me has been the world of difference!
  • winningandlosing43
    Options
    I agree. I was never able to kick my sweet tooth completely on atkins. And even now... im not "craving" chocolate but its almost like I look around sometimes and feel strange that im not craving it... id compare it to an amputee who can still feel their hand I guess. Does that make any sense to you all?
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I am not sure about the sugar alcohols. If I am doing them or not? I do not have much of a craving for sweet now like I did when I was still doing carbs. I would not buy the Atkins bars, drinks or meals. I looked at them and they have way to many carbs for me. I prefer home made foods not processed. I too feel so much better not being controlled by sugar. That monkey is off my back but like any addiction I do not dare even try it.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    My biggest "sugar alcohol" problem, @shadesofidaho , was sugar free almonds. I would binge and OMG, they create a gastro nightmare. If you've ever read the online story about the people who ate too many sugar free gummy bears, that's not far from what happened to me.

@winningandlosing43‌ I hadn't really had much chocolate cravings at all, in fact there is ghiradelli chocolate sitting on the break room table right now here at work, but someone mentioned a simple version of chocolate mousse from hwc, and ugh, I tried it, and last few nights I've had some, and it's almost as bad as before. I don't even sweeten it much, but yeah, it's almost a craving. I think it is just because I've been several days without my jello fat bombs.... I need to see if I can make a chocolate one (I've got fat bombs that way) or if the chocolate is the issue....
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    If I'm going to have chocolate, I'm going to go get one of those organic 90% dark chocolate bars and just have a tiny piece.... but I haven't been craving sweets.

Yup, @KnitOrMiss, I remember the nightmare from those sweeteners. We used to buy the Russell Stover sugar-free chocolates all the time when we did Atkins the first time. We all ran to the bathroom if we ate more than 1-2. LOL
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @Mami1976D‌ Mine was more akin to an internal Hiroshima ... But yes, had ^^ that, too.