Replies

• d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,048 Member
    Options
    Amen brother!
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    Last Sunday of the month. 'Check-in' day!

'True Weight' app says I'm currently 191.2 lbs, down 2.4 lb for the week and 6.1 lbs for the month.

Next month has five Sundays.
  • PlunderingSteelGorilla
    Options
    Down 0. Not up, but not down either.
    Feels like a short month. Slack month for sure.
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    'Not up' is good.
  • PlunderingSteelGorilla
    PlunderingSteelGorilla Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Jumped on the scale today for *kitten* and wiggles.
    Zip. No change. Had a few bad days this month, several great days and many decent.
    Both with consumption and with expenditure.

Had all sorts of bad *kitten* happen this weekend, woke up to more bad *kitten* and then see this *kitten* makes this one hell of a bad day. I see a mental benefit to my increased exercise, but zero physical benefits (just pains).

69z1zzt7mg5t.png
    jjmlsesr3kso.png
    7rmb7m2sy7w9.png
  • d_thomas02
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I hear you.

All I can say is that I'm not in it for the numbers. I know that the pain that comes from the exercises makes for a healthier lifestyle and that is the goal I keep in mind.

I'm going to enjoy life to the fullest, to hear my grandchildren laugh (and maybe their children too), to be that seventy year old diving in the Caribbean that people mistake for fifty,...
  • d_thomas02
    edited May 2016
    Options

'True Weight' app says I'm currently 185.3 lbs, down 5.9 lbs for the (five week) month.

And I'm going to call that a hit. I'm at my primary goal weight, 185 lbs. :D

Next goal. Start slowing the lose process. Secondary goal weight (SGW) is 180 lbs at 0.5 lb per week.

Please keep in mind, I've never had trouble losing weight when I put my mind to it. My biggest challenge is still coming... maintaining my weight. :/
  • PlunderingSteelGorilla
    Options
    Zilch again.
    Time to reevaluate my numbers. Counting calories and exercising g more has not done much.
  • d_thomas02
    Options

'True Weight' app says I'm currently 184.3 lbs, down 1.0 lb for the month, or an average of 0.25 per week. Half of what I was shooting for.

Been kind of a roller-coaster weight-wise as I try and find the sweet spot to my new plan. Still tracking calories, but not as OCD about it as before.

Logging says my trending calorie deficit is around 885 calories, my weight lose trend says my true deficit is closer to 240 calories. Looks like I've been underestimating my intake (no real surprise there) to the tune of 600 cals a day.

Ouch, but good to know.
  • PlunderingSteelGorilla
    Options
    I stopped tracking and trying on June 1. Tired of no movement. Ate like a pig all month. Kept on with regular cycling though.

Wanted to see some kind of movement. Up or down.

And I did. Up about 2 pounds or so. I'm good with that considering what I have consumed.

Now I can get at it next month.
  • d_thomas02
    Options

'True Weight' app says I'm currently 184.3 lbs, down 0.0 lb for the month.

July has been such a roller-coaster that I'm actually pleased to see a no gain month. If I can make it through August with a no gain, I'll consider it a win-win. Once things start cooling off...
  • pdm3547
    pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Newbie here.

I know this is what I need to do, but I'm obsessive about daily weigh-ins.

I've lost weight 2 or 3 times, but stop tracking and pile it back on. Count calories or get fat, basically. So I know I can do it.

This time however, I'm focussed on other goals and my weight will be a lagging indicator. So my targets are:
    100 mile bike ride this year
    London to Paris bike next year
    Triathlon next year

Everything I'm doing at the moment is about bike fitness. Why then, do I feel the need to weigh myself every day and get pissed off with myself when the scale doesn't go down?

I need to put it in the cupboard and see how I go.
  • PlunderingSteelGorilla
    Options
    Back up to 280.
    Bike broke down, could not ride till it got fixed. How to you break 7 spokes at once???
    Then pouring heavy rain for a week, could not ride.
    Got sick, could not do *kitten* for a week plus.

Then went on vacation, which had loads of exercise. LOTS of walking for several days. 1 day at a water park, where I sat in a wave pool with my youngest son. Seems like a no exercise event, but I basically did underwater squats with a 40 pound weight for 6 hours, after doing 30 flights of stairs (gotta get up to the slides somehow). But super crappy food choices completely negated any exercise for the whole trip.

July was a shitbox month for physical health, but ended pretty damn well for mental health.

Feeling good to go now, and back to cycling.
    Doing a 180km (85km a day for 2 days) cycling tour for MS later this month.
  • d_thomas02
    Options

'True Weight' app says I'm currently 182.1 lbs, down 2.2 lb for the month.
  • d_thomas02
    Options

'True Weight' app says I'm currently 184.6 lbs, Up 2.5 lb for the month.

Had trouble with a tooth and have a root canal scheduled for this coming Thursday. Not looking forward to it. Eating is a bit out of hand but not totally out of control. Resting Heart Rate up from 58 bpm to 68 bpm.
  • PlunderingSteelGorilla
    Options
    278. Gone nowhere, but honestly have had a rough month. Too much going on in life makes it difficult to keep things in a positive perspective.
  • kobrien65
    kobrien65 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like the monthly approach myself for the same reasons. For me it's the first Friday of every month. Dreading to see what the scale says this month after traveling all over and eating out (and maybe too many beers in Mexico). Time to get back on the bike starting this morning.
  • PlunderingSteelGorilla
    Options
    Tomorrow I will have a good weigh in. Assuming I can get a constant scale reading. 2 scales and neither work for *kitten*.

Been a good, focused month.
  • PlunderingSteelGorilla
    Options
    260#s

Lost 18 pounds in 2.5 weeks, nothing since. Regardless 18 in 30 is a damn good motivation to keep going.
  • d_thomas02
    Options

'True Weight' app says I'm currently 190.6 lbs, Up 6 lb for the month.

I own it. Its mine. Not going to worry about it untill Holidays are over. That doesn't mean I give it a free rein, just not going to obsess over it.