Measuring tape...

Options
13»

Replies

• oyadancing
    oyadancing Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I ditto baconslave re: unexpected weight loss: Bra band/underbust, another location for gals to check, I've lost inches there, too, and have gone down a band size. My knees are still fat, tho! LOL

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Finally weighed myself today and I'm down 7 lbs! :)
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Also, my mother-in-law hasn't seen me much since I started, and today she kept going on about how she can see I've lost weight.
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Woohooo Mami - so exciting!!!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    Finally weighed myself today and I'm down 7 lbs! :)
    Wow! Well done!
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    What I do is take the measurements with a pinch of salt, bit like the scale actually. So for example if I see consistent readings or further drops over several readings, I will believe it. I try to be as consistent as I can, but really think I need one of those myotapes, which seem to solve the problem nicely in giving you the same pressure on the tape each time you use it, unlike ourselves, where it might be slightly tighter or looser each time we measure.

Consistency is really key though, so I only measure at the same times I would weigh, which is in the morning after I've been to the bathroom, but before I've eaten anything. Anything else is a recipe for inconsistent readings if you ask me, but hey, some people like to torture themselves :wink:
  • she2cute
    she2cute Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I didn't read everyone's post but generally speaking, when measuring your waist it's at the point of where your waist creases when you bend over to the right or left. Try to keep it even. I do better when watching myself in a mirror. I always measure in the mornings after using the bathroom, before I put on clothes and I only measure once a week. Here is a link for proper measurements. :)

http://www.wikihow.com/Take-Measurements-(For-Women)
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    oyadancing wrote: »
    My knees are still fat, tho! LOL

LOL