Another low carb thread assault ....smh...

Options

Replies

• Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I decided to edit this. I didn't want to add to the situation.

• KetoCutie
    KetoCutie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    DANG! So many people trying super hard to just be RIGHT. What a waste of time... and I only got through to page 3....

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    yarwell wrote: »
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    Of course she was looking for a fight;

Really ? Her initial post was
    The best way ive found to drop lbs without pills or starving! Anyone else use this method? Interested in ideas, recipes, and success stories!

which within 30 minutes got non-helpful replies from

AJ_G
    ndj1979
    Liftng4Lis
    eric_sg61

and one supportive answer. Not something MFP can be proud of.

Well setup stakes and start burning folks; I seem to recall in this group(low carbers), not too long ago, someone specifically stated to go in and attack a group for XXX so you can argue with them. Not much to be proud of there either.

profile of ndj1979 shows this buff dude has POSTED 16,000++ times here…think muscle brain has a job? he specifically argues and sneers at everyone forcing the CICO no matter what the poor poster tried to say…this guy actually told a woman with severe other medical issues that "rules of CICO are not suspend because you have X disease" ..HUH??..actually that is EXACTLY what it means, hahahah!!! I saw the COOLEST flow chart on NOT engaging in any of these cat fights..this will calm you right down. try it

myfitnesspal.com/blog/BooleanOperator/view/so-you-re-mad-about-something-on-the-internet-732637

LURVE it.
  • KetoCutie
    Options

myfitnesspal.com/blog/BooleanOperator/view/so-you-re-mad-about-something-on-the-internet-732637

Haaaa! This should be the header advertisement for ALL posts in the Main Forums. And at the end of each thread, and awards listing.

:)

• DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I can't...I just can't.

To each their own...why is that so hard for people? I stop reading whenever I see someone post "You need to"...um who are you to tell someone else that you DON'T REALLY KNOW what to do. Nope, not for me.

I get the CICO who are young, buff folks who live in the gym and literally can not comprehend how their body may someday betray them. They have just been lucky. But they think they've got the magic formula for everyone and will dig in to represent their opinion to the point of attacking others. bleh...

So, for the most part I stay off the main forums. I occasionally take a peek into the food and nutrition boards, but invariably in the first page is a thread ripping low carb or low sugar dieters. So I just close out of the window and say a little prayer that they are not such big @$$holes in the real world!
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I can't help myself today for some reason (though I wouldn't be surprised if my posts get pulled before you see this): http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10107020/cutting-carbs
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    okay, okay...sorry, I had a moment of weakness and had to jump in on that thread. WTF is that woman thinking aligning low carb advice with suicide advice.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I gave a little support. I really am starting to think MFP is setting some of this up. Seriously. Its the same people deliberately "misunderstanding" every single time. Ah well. That OP also has the link and 3 invites to come over here. Hopefully she will.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Decreasing carb intake a little bit over normal consumption can be helpful to weight loss, but going super low carb is a great way to have low energy all the time and loose muscle mass

Got to love uneducated.
  • KetoCutie
    Options
    *lose. Morons. ;)
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Sugarbeat wrote: »
    I gave a little support. I really am starting to think MFP is setting some of this up. Seriously. Its the same people deliberately "misunderstanding" every single time. Ah well. That OP also has the link and 3 invites to come over here. Hopefully she will.

It got to the point I had it out with someone in charge directly the other day, and I do think they said something, at least to a few of the worst, because they seem to have backed down a lot. Unfortunately, there's always someone else waiting to step up and take their place.
  • LunaKate
    LunaKate Posts: 64 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    We should just post our LCHF success before/after pics for them all the time. So they can see we ate like that for MONTHS and lost way more weight :wink:
  • LunaKate
    LunaKate Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    LunaKate wrote: »
    I have been eating less than 20g of carbs for a week now, I have way more energy, Im not hungry, and Ive lost 5 lbs.

Placebo effects are awesome.

Just what?! Ive dieted and exercised for years and couldnt get good results! If placebo worked I wouldnt still be 50lbs over weight!
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    DAM5412 wrote: »
    okay, okay...sorry, I had a moment of weakness and had to jump in on that thread. WTF is that woman thinking aligning low carb advice with suicide advice.

Yes, wanting to eat low carb is equivalent to suicidal ideation. I loved your response.
  • JPW1990
    Options
    BTW, what ultimately came out of my mod-gument this week was the instruction to go forth and report them every time they hijack a thread like that. So, in this case, the bridge comment AND the placebo should be hit for thread-jacking or trolling. That means using the real report function under flag, not just tagging it spam or abuse.

Part of the reason I think they've been getting away with it so long is everyone just quits the site or quits the forums instead of flagging down the mods when they pull this crap. Report it on page one, it might not get to page 6. I asked why "my fan" had been allowed to follow and harass people besides me for weeks, and the answer I got was they were reviewing post history and agree rules were being broken. Apparently, that's the first time the mods bothered reading any of his posts.
  • Sugarbeat
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

It got to the point I had it out with someone in charge directly the other day, and I do think they said something, at least to a few of the worst, because they seem to have backed down a lot. Unfortunately, there's always someone else waiting to step up and take their place.

Thank you. I've been considering this myself but wasn't sure who to go to.
  • Sugarbeat
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    I have been eating less than 20g of carbs for a week now, I have way more energy, Im not hungry, and Ive lost 5 lbs.

Placebo effects are awesome.

Just what?! Ive dieted and exercised for years and couldnt get good results! If placebo worked I wouldnt still be 50lbs over weight!

That guy can say the most unhelpful things in the nastiest ways. I usually just skip over him.
  • JPW1990
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

Thank you. I've been considering this myself but wasn't sure who to go to.

Talk to Olivia - she's an actual employee, not a volunteer: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/user/Olivia/profile/Olivia?target=&redirected=true
  • Sugarbeat
    Options
    DAM5412 wrote: »

Honestly? I think she's thinking of derailing the thread so she cause a "debate" that the low carbers "started" in order to make herself feel good about her calorie intake. You'd think we were attacking their religion or parenting skills or something.
  • Sugarbeat
    Options
    Thanks JPW, I'll keep that in mind. I did report those two posters. I'm all for different opinions, truly, I love it. I even love a good debate but its just getting ridiculous. We shouldn't have to come over here just to have a decent conversation, you know. Not that I don't love y'all. :smile: