Daily Check-In

Options

Replies

• wikkidwanda
    wikkidwanda Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Awesome job @fearthisfish42 !! You are an inspiration for sure! I've just started the C25K app on my phone, got the new runners, and today is day 2 :) Have a great week!
  • PoohBelly
    PoohBelly Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I might have come in 3rd to last but I ran the whole thing. I was very proud of that, had some great friends cheering me on. It is also a great indicator of where I am in my training for the tri. No I just have to do that 5K after biking and swimming. LOL You are all going to have a amazing week. Lets get to it.....
    Excellent!! Have a great week!

• wikpix
    wikpix Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Checking in because I am supposed to be grading assessments so I'm finding every possible thing to do other than that!

Seriously though - I didn't make it to the gym yesterday but I did manage to stay close to my calorie goal (only 23 calls over!). I've also realised lately that I'm not drinking enough water or eating enough fruit (damn this cold weather :neutral: ) so I have made a small goal for myself to get my 8 cups of water and 2 serves of fruit a day. Yesterday I got in about 6 cups of water plus a large mug of tea and I got my fruit intake as well :smiley:

Here's hoping today is just as successful!
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to the thread, but just wanted to check in and maybe meet some of you :) today was not my best fitness day, but definitely planning to get back on it tomorrow! Hope you all have a wonderful evening/morning/whatever time it happens to be for you.
  • aleph_0
    aleph_0 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm new to the group but thought I'd check in and say hello :) Today was weightlifting day, and while I still lift ridiculously low weights, I upped my weight on two exercises today, and my partner whom I asked to check my form said that I had better range of motion than most people he saw exercising there, and that my form was pretty good.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

@fearthisfish42 That's amazing, congratulations!
  • shiftynj
    shiftynj Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Today was the only good weather forecasted for the week. I was successful in getting my boyfriend to go bike riding with me (his second time riding since I had his bike rehabbed for Christmas) and I'm very proud of him because we rode nearly six miles. The pace was on the slow side for me (not picking on him... he did a great job especially since the bike still needs some adjusting) so when I got home I lifted, too.

Did I tell you about my shirt challenge? I know the ppl on my friends list know about it.
  • shiftynj
    Options
    aleph_0 wrote: »
    Hey! I'm new to the group but thought I'd check in and say hello :) Today was weightlifting day, and while I still lift ridiculously low weights, I upped my weight on two exercises today, and my partner whom I asked to check my form said that I had better range of motion than most people he saw exercising there, and that my form was pretty good.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

@fearthisfish42 That's amazing, congratulations!

Welcome! You're doing it the smart way. Get the moves and the posture down first. I see guys all the time who treat biceps curls like a full-body exercise.
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Down to 200lbs! Now I'm just sipping a drink waiting for the weather to warm up a little to go get in the pool. I don't know how I'm going to handle the it not being in the mid 90s again. I'm not complaining but where in the heck did all that heat go in one day?
  • ChefSchnauzer
    ChefSchnauzer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    THIS time everything is clicking. Need more work on exercise but down 16 pounds for the month of June. I decided to spend a little more money for a higher grade of food (THANK YOU PUBLIX) and I really grateful that things are going well. I would appreciate a break in the 100 degree weather in the Charlotte area but that's not up to me. I hope everyone has a terrific week.
  • PoohBelly
    PoohBelly Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Happy Marriage Equality and Pride Day!! Hoping to see a weight loss tomorrow morning.
  • nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Despite a month of travelling, being sick and doing field work I'm proud to announce that I'm finally below my starting weight from when I joined MFP several years ago.

My fitness instructor was in an especially sadistic mood yesterday and it was my first time going to her class for a couple of weeks. I never thought that the act of sitting down today could be so painful, but it feels good to be back to it.

Keep up the good work everyone and congratulations on gay marriage!
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    THIS time everything is clicking. Need more work on exercise but down 16 pounds for the month of June. I decided to spend a little more money for a higher grade of food (THANK YOU PUBLIX) and I really grateful that things are going well. I would appreciate a break in the 100 degree weather in the Charlotte area but that's not up to me. I hope everyone has a terrific week.

Congratulations on your weight loss! It's July 1st, and I'm happy to be renewing my commitment to healthier living. Went to the gym for an hour-long cardio session this morning, I'm guzzling the water and am challenging myself to a week without diet soda.
  • wikkidwanda
    wikkidwanda Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I go through such stress when it comes to actually GETTING ON the scale! UGH. I need to weigh myself int he next week and though i KNOW it won't be bad (i'm doing really well at following my plan (less calories in, more exercise OUT) and have been challenging myself to make healthy changes, i still get anxious about it... I KNOW that the number isn't the most important indicator, but I wish my brain would KEEP THAT thought so I could just weigh myself... *sigh*... That said, it's a new month and I successfully completed my 30-45 min of exercise every day of June goal... even had to exercise at least once at 10:30 pm, but I DID IT! This month's goal is 30 day ab challenge... day one complete.
  • TweedleDebo
    TweedleDebo Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    So I was looking for an LGBT thread that wasn't silly and I think this one looks great. Here is my first check in: Today I had a great breakfast and tasty lunch all while completely eliminating sugar, grain & dairy from my diet. This is only day 4, but I think that is pretty good for me considering my past bouts with trying to eat healthy basically still consisted of me eating reduced fat oreos thinking it was going to do something. I haven't had my cardio for the day, but plan on taking my dog on a walk with my wife this afternoon for about a mile or more considering the weather.

I would love to have some new friends on here to help keep me motivated. Feel free to add me!
  • shiftynj
    Options
    Down to 200lbs! Now I'm just sipping a drink waiting for the weather to warm up a little to go get in the pool. I don't know how I'm going to handle the it not being in the mid 90s again. I'm not complaining but where in the heck did all that heat go in one day?

Fronts can be crazy. I drove down a hill last summer approaching the coast and watched the temp drop about 18 degrees on the dashboard of my truck, in the span of a mile.

Glad you are making the best of the weather!

• hgtedo
    hgtedo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My first time in this group and this is my first post here. I am 33 years old and currently living near San Francisco, CA. My husband and I moved here last year from Japan. I was living there for 9 years and he was living there all his life. Three years ago we got married in New York (where I was born and most of my family is). We are looking to start a family in the future. Right now we have just got settled in our new life in the US.

The stress of moving to the US, helping my husband find a job (which is did), and getting situated in a new school (I am a teacher) has been a good excuse for me to not exercise or watch what I was putting in my body too closely. As a result I have gotten out of shape and gained quite a bit of weight. I am at 195 currently.

Thanks to the summer break, I have been working on finding a rhythm that can help me get back to my former healthy self. I have been going through LGBT blogs within the MFP community and got inspired. I am learning to plan what I eat and gradually increase my exercise exposure so I can adjust to being active once again.

Today I weighed myself, have been planning and logging my food, and even got some exercise in. I have dinner all planned out and appreciate I can post here. It is nice to read what everyone is up to. Having a community helps out a ton. I am off to do some cleaning up so I will be all set for yoga later. Living in California is a great! I love the sunny weather but I miss the rain, Japan has quite a bit of it. Maybe I will do my yoga outside tonight.

Be well everyone! I look forward to hearing from you all!
  • hgtedo
    Options
    @wikkidwanda - I know how stressful things with numbers can be! For me it is tracking the right number of calories. I get stressed when I can track a certain food or dish. I am learning to let go when I can't track certain things along the way. I need to remember tracking calories is not my goal, it just helps me get to the goal. I weighed myself after a long time today--I knew I was going to see a number higher than I wanted. I am proud of how hard you are working and a fine job you did with reflecting! You are making great strides on your path, whatever the number on the scale might show! I would love to hear a post-reflection once you weigh yourself.

@TweedleDebo - I was looking for a group that matched my feelings and was active as well! I am happy we both found this area. I also wanted to make friends with other married LGBT people in the community (though I am open to friends of all types). Cutting things out can be difficult in the beginning but it is refreshing once it is done. My caffeine intake has been quite high and have been working on dialing it back. I hope you enjoy the walk with the dog!
  • Jarice12
    Jarice12 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just came back from vacay and I'm struggling with getting my eating back on track. I really lack motivation because I busted my butt prior to vacay and lost 2.8 when I wanted 5. I know, a loss is a loss. I weight train (light weights right now) 3 times a week and cardio probably 5 times acweek right now. Honestly, I'm just drained because my body is coming along veerrrry slowly. Any tips I welcome, or if you're in my boat, share. I'm usually very encouraging but I'm tapped out right now...
  • hgtedo
    Options
    jharden12 wrote: »
    Any tips I welcome, or if you're in my boat, share. I'm usually very encouraging but I'm tapped out right now...

Hi @jharden12 ! Nice to meet you! I too have been working on getting back on track! Finding people who can be a ring of support is something I hope will help me. Just keep on the path to getting back on track and you will get there soon! Have you been drinking enough water? Part of getting on track today is I made sure I drank at least eight cups of water--today I drank ten! This really helped me with feeling hungry of having the desire to eat.

By the end of the day I was about 400calories under the 1,200calorie limit set up by MFP--luckily it was early enough when I realized this that I ate two kind bars as a desert at got to a decent range. Like you, I too am working on getting on the right track! With great support and friends I know we will be there in no time--and maybe enjoy the journey!

How do you feel at the end of today? Anything good happen?
  • Jarice12
    Jarice12 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    hgtedo wrote: »
    jharden12 wrote: »
    Any tips I welcome, or if you're in my boat, share. I'm usually very encouraging but I'm tapped out right now...

Hi @jharden12 ! Nice to meet you! I too have been working on getting back on track! Finding people who can be a ring of support is something I hope will help me. Just keep on the path to getting back on track and you will get there soon! Have you been drinking enough water? Part of getting on track today is I made sure I drank at least eight cups of water--today I drank ten! This really helped me with feeling hungry of having the desire to eat.

By the end of the day I was about 400calories under the 1,200calorie limit set up by MFP--luckily it was early enough when I realized this that I ate two kind bars as a desert at got to a decent range. Like you, I too am working on getting on the right track! With great support and friends I know we will be there in no time--and maybe enjoy the journey!

How do you feel at the end of today? Anything good happen?

I have not been drinking enough water. Sodas and sweet tea are my weakness! I usually try to keep it to a couple on the weekends, but its been hard lately. I will get there.
    Glad to see you had a good day. I did lose 2 of the 3 lbs I gained on vacation, so thats a win. Its just so frustrating when you see your goal in sight but its just keeps dangling like a carrot in front of you. And I don't want to be one of those people that deprives themself of everything just to be thin. I enjoy food! Thanks a bunch for helping me see the silver lining today :)