Daily Check-In

Options

Replies

• dharmawrites
    dharmawrites Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This weekend and yesterday were kind of a bust for eating well. Especially yesterday, gah, first day I have been over, like seriously OVER in a quite some time. Took a break from some working out due to a proscribed week off of lifting according to the program I'm following, and being out of town for the weekend.

I was my SO was into the gym, but they aren't; they are, however extremely encouraging and supportive. MN weighs my food so I can track it better, nudges me to go the gym (like on Friday). MN says there are lots of changes to my body, but damned if I see it! Gotta just keep going because no matter what I'm healthier doing this.
  • Sorova
    Sorova Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm back to MFP after a lull of not logging for about 10 months. It's good to see some activity in this group!

I lost a bunch of weight using MFP and then took a maintenance break, but now I'm back to logging because I feel like it's time to lose the rest and keep my fitness improving. I live in Boston with my partner. I like biking, walking, rock climbing, strength training, and running as long as there's enough music and/or zombies to distract me. I also love to dance - alas that Boston doesn't even have a single lesbian bar :(

If you're looking for more MFP friends and you're not a heartless ogre, feel free to add me :)
  • therealpatrick
    therealpatrick Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Woot! Happy Pride!
    acstl wrote: »
    Happy Pride Month!

• robotmonster64
    robotmonster64 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just joined the group, wanted to check in and say hello!!
  • shiftynj
    shiftynj Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Just joined the group, wanted to check in and say hello!!

Welcome!
  • acstl
    acstl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • wikkidwanda
    wikkidwanda Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Ooops, didn't check in yesterday. Yesterday was a good day. My goal for this month is to work out every day, if I can't make it to the gym, then I will do so at home, or like last week, go for a walk at work and get lost for 40 minutes *giggle*. This is hardest when I am with my Partner. We are only together on the weekends as she lives in Washington and I live in Canada, however, I stick to a pretty tight schedule during the week. Last week I managed two workouts while she was there. She's keen on food tracking, but not so much on exercise..... My daughter originally started this with me (I started to support her) but somewhere in the past couple of months, something "CLICKED" and now I work out as much as possible and track everything I eat. I've never successfully lost weight in the past (at least nothing over 25 lbs and nothing that stayed off) with the exception of gaining and losing 90 lbs in 2 years (sudden gain, with no differences, same sudden loss, with no differences... I have come to the conclusion that I was just SWOLLEN lololol)

I wish, sometimes that someone else was with me at the gym, but I find it easier to go and do what I need to do alone. On Zumba days I'd love to have a buddy, but on strength days, it's irrelevant.... One year anniversary is on Sunday so i am really trying to be on the ball this week!
  • wikkidwanda
    Options
    *blush* and yes... I am aware that I talk too much.
  • schneizilla
    schneizilla Posts: 66 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    *blush* and yes... I am aware that I talk too much.

Haha :-D well, we all want to know each other, so I like it when people write something about them. Plus we are all more or less in the same boat and to see that we all have similar thoughts/struggles/ideas/goals is (at least for me) somewhat motivating.

Does your partner live in Washington D.C. or Washington state?

I feel you about the fitness-buddy. I always want one, to keep me motivated for going/starting. But once I'm at the gym I'm more for myself. And when I'm running in nature, I really do enjoy the silence. Right now I'm visiting my parents in Germany and we have some nice forest areas here. Also visiting the parents means always a lot of food...so I need some extra workout :wink:

So, keep the postings coming :smiley:
  • wikkidwanda
    Options
    Thanks @schneizilla! Appreciate the sentiment.

She lives in Washington State, so we get to spend every weekend together, which is and isn't good. It's great because long distance relationships are hard enough at 2 hours apart, I can't imagine trying to pull this off with further distance ever again (did so in the past). I'm just too old for that crap!

I find it much easier to give up my own goals when I get a not so motivated exercise buddy. All the buddies I have had in the past had the same issue as me, we WANTED to get thin, but didn't REALLY want to work at it and would use any excuse not to.... this time around, I don't mind going alone. I also don't mind that it's a co-ed gym. Everyone seems to be there for the same reason as me... to exercise.
  • schneizilla
    Options
    Me and my partner had a long distance relationship too. We met each other when he was living in Frankfurt (Germany) but had to move to Prague in the Czech Republic. That was a 4,5-5 hour drive away...after visiting each other for almost two years, we finally decided to move together. So I moved to Prague...and this summer we're going back to the states...
  • brittanykira
    brittanykira Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Well my weekly weigh in on Tuesday showed a loss of 2.2 lbs so that's 8.4 lbs and 7.75 inches since May 22! I'm pretty happy with that :) As a teacher, all of the end of year things are piling up so the gym isn't an option but I am going for a 5km walk almost every evening. This pic is Day 1 vs Day 15! I'm very happy with my progress. Now to keep it up !g57ouzm0b6gy.jpg
  • wikkidwanda
    Options
    Me and my partner had a long distance relationship too. We met each other when he was living in Frankfurt (Germany) but had to move to Prague in the Czech Republic. That was a 4,5-5 hour drive away...after visiting each other for almost two years, we finally decided to move together. So I moved to Prague...and this summer we're going back to the states...

That's AWESOME! congrats! What part of the states?
  • fearthisfish42
    fearthisfish42 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Checking in... I have to say I was not very good with eating this weekend it was my wife's birthday...So Thursday night it was dinner in Atlantic City, then we stayed over and left and had breakfast out with the dog sitter. Then that evening we went to a Phillies game. It was fun. then got up early Saturday morning and did a 30 mile bike ride, it felt so good. We have never done that distance and we felt great after, Dinner was not the best but i just rode 30 miles. Sunday was just a chill day for me. Had a softball game that night. But all in all a great weekend.
    So back on track today. Today would be a day off in my training but since I really did not do much yesterday I am going to but a run in.
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Well my weekly weigh in on Tuesday showed a loss of 2.2 lbs so that's 8.4 lbs and 7.75 inches since May 22! I'm pretty happy with that :) As a teacher, all of the end of year things are piling up so the gym isn't an option but I am going for a 5km walk almost every evening. This pic is Day 1 vs Day 15! I'm very happy with my progress. Now to keep it up !]
    That is awesome! Way to go!

• rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Did anyone watch the Tony's last night? I'm now obsessed with Fun Home. I was a big fan of Alison Bechdel's D--- (synonym for lesbian; MFP doesn't allow this word) to Watch Out For comics but never read her memoir. But the musical looks so good; and I know one of the show's writers, Lisa Kron kind of (well, I met her once and our parents go to the same synagogue). I'm going to NYC at the end of the month and I'd love to see it. Shockingly after all the Tony awards, there are still some tickets available -- but they start at $200 each. So I think I'm going to have to wait. :(
  • schneizilla
    edited June 2015
    Options

Virgina, we are looking for an apartment in Alexandria right now...not so easy on a tight budget and from overseas...but we'll make it do ;)
  • shiftynj
    Options
    Went to Pride in NJ on Sunday and was a little bit dismayed to see how many of our brothers and sisters, including young people, were smoking. It seems more prevalent among LGBT people or is it just that I am not out in bars much these days?

I'm doing okay with food and exercise... dipped below 190 briefly but the weekend with a couple of parties plus pride kept that short-lived :( but I lifted AND ran today so hopefully I'm back on track.

Question: Any tips for fine-tuning your calorie goals? MFP just asked me if I was "sedentary" but that only refers to my job. It regularly then tells me when it sees my activity level to eat another 800 calories, but by that point i am too far behind. I need to be building muscle at the same time as cutting fat and I think 1730 calories is not going to be enough. Weight is coming off, but is it good weight?
  • shiftynj
    Options

Virgina, we are looking for an apartment in Alexandria right now...not so easy on a tight budget and from overseas...but we'll make it do ;)

Cool, I like that area. I can imagine it's hard to do from that distance.
  • shiftynj
    Options
    Checking in... I have to say I was not very good with eating this weekend it was my wife's birthday...So Thursday night it was dinner in Atlantic City, then we stayed over and left and had breakfast out with the dog sitter. Then that evening we went to a Phillies game. It was fun. then got up early Saturday morning and did a 30 mile bike ride, it felt so good. We have never done that distance and we felt great after, Dinner was not the best but i just rode 30 miles. Sunday was just a chill day for me. Had a softball game that night. But all in all a great weekend.
    So back on track today. Today would be a day off in my training but since I really did not do much yesterday I am going to but a run in.

Wow, 30 miles that is great! You likely had a lot of extra calories to work with so the dinner shouldn't have messed you up too badly.