NSV's

Options

Replies

• elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that I think I found a strategy that is helping halt a long term lapse centered around a particular trigger/binge food. I've made it work for a week and am starting to feel like I can go forward and feel successful on my plan again.
    I'm reading all these reminders of how great this lifestyle has been for me and others and I feel excited and hopeful again.
    Trying to hold steady til Dec. 26, then it's game on!
    2017 is gonna be my year to shine!!!
    Happy Holidays and best wishes for an absolutely fabulous New Year to all my fitness pals!
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    1) No longer angry when I am hungry.
    2) No carb crash after consuming too many carbs.(tired)
    3) No longer feel ill after eating carbs

Note that these are a few of the "subjective" findings astute practitioners will look to even before fasting blood sugar, glucose stress tests or other clinical findings to diagnose diabetes.
  • mayabrooks025
    mayabrooks025 Posts: 37 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    idocdlw wrote: »
    Note that these are a few of the "subjective" findings astute practitioners will look to even before fasting blood sugar, glucose stress tests or other clinical findings to diagnose diabetes.

I had my A1c checked, it was 5.7 and I'm pretty sure that I will be started on Metformin. I go to the doctors on Monday. I checked my blood sugar first thing this morning before I ate anything and it was 85.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    My NSV is that I think I found a strategy that is helping halt a long term lapse centered around a particular trigger/binge food. I've made it work for a week and am starting to feel like I can go forward and feel successful on my plan again.
    I'm reading all these reminders of how great this lifestyle has been for me and others and I feel excited and hopeful again.
    Trying to hold steady til Dec. 26, then it's game on!
    2017 is gonna be my year to shine!!!
    Happy Holidays and best wishes for an absolutely fabulous New Year to all my fitness pals!

I'm glad to hear that you keep pushing forward looking for ways to make this work for you! From my experience, this will all just become normal to you and someday you won't need strategies or planning. Being aware of what you eat and what's good for you will just be part of your everyday life. Stay Calm and Keto on!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I helped my boys make their gingerbread outhouse for a gingerbread house contest. I ate one jelly bean. One! Jelly beans were my candy of choise before going LCHF so this was big... and it didn't even taste very good. I have to admit I might have had a few more if it had. :D
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    @idocdlw , glad you made it through PA on that miserable road. I was raised north of PGH and had family in New Holland/Lancaster so had many trips back and forth with my parents or grandparents. I hated those tunnels! There were 7 of them years ago. Our favorite stop was always Breezewood. No matter the time of day, so much was opened even back in the 60's. And busy! I'm sure much has changed though in 50-55 years. :)
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Pictures count too, right? Someone may need to see what can be done! I'm amazed by what I see!

ot9ffwucfflz.jpg

Beautiful!!