• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Way to go girl!!!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    Had to move the ring Rowdy gave me for Christmas last year to my right ring finger from my left ring finger. Last night I was playing with the cat, shaking a toy and nearly shook it off my finger. (I wonder if this leaves my left ring finger open for a diamond? We are Texas common law married - not formally married) ;)

When I literally threw my rings across the room when shaking some water off my hands, I had to figure out how to make them fit again. Lol
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Had to move the ring Rowdy gave me for Christmas last year to my right ring finger from my left ring finger. Last night I was playing with the cat, shaking a toy and nearly shook it off my finger. (I wonder if this leaves my left ring finger open for a diamond? We are Texas common law married - not formally married) ;)

When I literally threw my rings across the room when shaking some water off my hands, I had to figure out how to make them fit again. Lol

I had something similar happen years ago. A hornet had gotten into my work truck with me, and I pulled over and flung the door open. The ring left my finger and flew to the center lane of I-85. Luckily, we were working nights in the middle of nowhere, so I was the only vehicle for miles, and found it without issue.

No rings to lose here, but the hornet story reminds me of a time earlier this year when I was driving through the NW corner of AZ. It was late May and there was road construction. I was coming from CA and heading towards UT (via NV and AZ). My coolant recover tank had a hole about from an unfortunate raccoon incident, so I was leery about letting my engine get too hot because I wanted to minimize coolant loss. If the recovery tank filled beyond about 1/3 to 1/2, it would just spill out of the hole.

So I'm crawling along in stop and go traffic in the only open lane on the interstate (due to construction), windows down, and was even running heat intermittently to pull heat away from the engine. The construction workers must have busted up a bees nest or 3 at some point because I came upon a gigantic swarm. Before I could roll up my windows, they were already moving freely in and out of the windows and there was always a minimum of 3 in the car. So I stayed calm even as they landed on me, and avoided getting stung. When I got past the area, the last to leave my car didn't get replaced by new ones.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

I'm approaching a similar situation even though I'm still 25 pounds heavier than when I got married and 75 pounds from goal and my rings fit just fine when we got engaged/married.

My rings are a size 6.5 and I don't think they can be resized. Not sure what I'm going to do, I love my rings.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    wrap them in a pretty ribbon...the way we used to do guys class rings in high school

Or you can buy gold/silver ring guards that clip onto the inside of the ring and make it smaller
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »

I'm approaching a similar situation even though I'm still 25 pounds heavier than when I got married and 75 pounds from goal and my rings fit just fine when we got engaged/married.

My rings are a size 6.5 and I don't think they can be resized. Not sure what I'm going to do, I love my rings.

I put a layer of clear UV Gel nail polish on the inside of mine. The kind you have to cure with a light.
    5e1c0wmm3fng.jpg

It'll peel off every few months. Then I just do it again.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    smuller73 wrote: »
    My husband has taken over my role as slightly obsessed dieter since he realised he went from a 42 inch waist to a 36 inch eating the same food as me and now raves about this WOE to anyone who will listen. Meanwhile having maintained my goal weight for the past year (longest time ever in my life) I am in jeopardy of becoming one of those "normal" people who don't worry about their weight every second of every day. :o

This is the NSV everybody wants. :)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    smuller73 wrote: »
    My husband has taken over my role as slightly obsessed dieter since he realised he went from a 42 inch waist to a 36 inch eating the same food as me and now raves about this WOE to anyone who will listen. Meanwhile having maintained my goal weight for the past year (longest time ever in my life) I am in jeopardy of becoming one of those "normal" people who don't worry about their weight every second of every day. :o

This is the NSV everybody wants. :)

Unfortunately, some of us will never get there. Hell, I spend so much time toying with ways to move it up and down, that I'll probably be bored and disappointed if it were to stay in one place for too long.