NSV's

Options

Replies

• Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I got my lab work back.

My A1C is normal. I am no longer pre-diabetic!
  • jen44922
    jen44922 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Can I share a great group here? There are so so many NSV's that we really don't even notice on a daily basis. It is good to know what everyone else is seeing. we have an awesome group on Facebook. Super positive and a great bunch of people. Best Low Carb Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/LowCarbChallenge4us/
  • robinred2
    robinred2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    What are NSVs?
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    Non Scale Victories ! Hurray !
  • robinred2
    robinred2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    what are NSVs?
  • jesslintch
    jesslintch Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    robinred2 wrote: »
    what are NSVs?

Non-scale Victories are measures of success that are unrelated to the number on the scale. It can be health and activity related, new clothing size related or even just feeling really good about yourself. They're a fantastic (and needed) reminder that what you are doing has worth, even if the lying liar pants scale isn't budging.
  • kimbo8435
    kimbo8435 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've got a darling NSV today:
    Last night my son watched me tie up my gi (martial arts uniform) and my white belt for my second taekwondo class. He had a goofy grin on his face and when I asked him about it, he gave me a huge hug and told me he was "so proud of my mom for getting back into martial arts." Talk about major motivation! My nine-year old is just the sweetest and always seems to know just what to say and when to say it!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    kimbo8435 wrote: »
    Last night my son watched me tie up my gi (martial arts uniform) and my white belt for my second taekwondo class. He had a goofy grin on his face and when I asked him about it, he gave me a huge hug and told me he was "so proud of my mom for getting back into martial arts." Talk about major motivation! My nine-year old is just the sweetest and always seems to know just what to say and when to say it!

This - I think too, that he knows your health is better managed, and he can be less scared about what might happen to you, plus it's something you have in common, and all of that. I think there were about a million things packed into that statement of his there!!! Congrats...
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

What a fantastic NSV! A very special moment!
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options

OK, I'm crying again. This darn thread (I love it!) <3
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    robinred2 wrote: »
    what are NSVs?
    Robin, This is the best example of an NSV:

Sounds like you got a keeper there, Kimbo!
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Today I was a passenger in my neighbour's Japanese car. 9 months ago I also went in her car, when I as 80lbs heavier, BUT COULDNT BUCKLE UP THE SEAT BELT AS I WAS TOO BIG. She helped squeeze me in that I couldn't breath.

Today I had so much room within the seatbelt that I could have also fitted 2 pillows as well as me. I've been saying I cannot notice my weight loss yet. But boy did this one hit me between the eyes. All the hard work is paying off.
  • olivebeanhealthy
    olivebeanhealthy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Not going for the free pizza at work today :)
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options

That is awesome! I'd have been bawling my eyes out.
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    On flight home today I was able to cross my legs.
  • JessiokaFroka
    JessiokaFroka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    daylitemag wrote: »
    On flight home today I was able to cross my legs.

That is AMAZING!!! Way to go!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    All my victories are NSVs: feeling better because I exercise, being too small for clothes I had in my twenties, having almost no pain since I stopped eating sugar, keeping up with the twenty somethings on hikes (they may be slowing down for me though, because they're sweet and sociable).
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Kept up with the fast dudes during the Team Red White and Blue flag run yesterday! I was wheezing like I was dying, but I made it, even when they decided to pick up the pace the last quarter of a mile. By the way, if you see a bunch of people in red shirts running with an American flag, please honk! We are a veteran's support group!
  • kimbo8435
    kimbo8435 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Lillith32 wrote: »
    Kept up with the fast dudes during the Team Red White and Blue flag run yesterday! I was wheezing like I was dying, but I made it, even when they decided to pick up the pace the last quarter of a mile. By the way, if you see a bunch of people in red shirts running with an American flag, please honk! We are a veteran's support group!

Congrats! This is phenomenal!
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Maybe more related to my new exercise regimen, but my resting heart rate is averaging ~61 BPM, down from about 70 a month ago. This means a lot to me! :)