NSV's

Options

Replies

• bisky
    bisky Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    reblazed wrote: »
    @PaleoInScotland I think a mile is wonderful! 3 months ago 80 feet left me out of breath and needing to sit down and rest. I can do 20 min on a treadmill now but not outdoors (???) Can't wait to do a mile.

Being so far out of shape it's a little scary going for a walk outside, there's no quitting when you're halfway done if you're pooped, you still have to walk back to your car lol. I took a couple breaks to "take photos" :wink:

My Fitbit is really adding to the motivation!

Last fall I went on a 6 mile walk around a lake up in the mountains here in Italy, it was my first long walk before low carb diet. I was exhausted. I was so thrilled I made it. Today I went with friends after the 5k yesterday. What a difference 6 months of walking, dieting and the fitbit has made. I feel great. I came home and walked the little dog I had left home another mile.

I always take my camera (wink), music and water plus bigger dog. you keep at it you will have that mile down! I spent last summer barely going a half mile.

I love my Fitbit too! Did not start using it until after xmas. Wish I had it last summer to compare my distance.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    bisky wrote: »
    reblazed wrote: »
    @PaleoInScotland I think a mile is wonderful! 3 months ago 80 feet left me out of breath and needing to sit down and rest. I can do 20 min on a treadmill now but not outdoors (???) Can't wait to do a mile.

Being so far out of shape it's a little scary going for a walk outside, there's no quitting when you're halfway done if you're pooped, you still have to walk back to your car lol. I took a couple breaks to "take photos" :wink:

My Fitbit is really adding to the motivation!

Last fall I went on a 6 mile walk around a lake up in the mountains here in Italy, it was my first long walk before low carb diet. I was exhausted. I was so thrilled I made it. Today I went with friends after the 5k yesterday. What a difference 6 months of walking, dieting and the fitbit has made. I feel great. I came home and walked the little dog I had left home another mile.

I always take my camera (wink), music and water plus bigger dog. you keep at it you will have that mile down! I spent last summer barely going a half mile.

I love my Fitbit too! Did not start using it until after xmas. Wish I had it last summer to compare my distance.

Congrats on the 5k, that's awesome! I'm working my way up to climb Arthur's Seat, which gives you the best views of Edinburgh. It's 3 miles round trip, with a 279 m ascent, a hefty challenge for me, but even if it takes me all day with lots of breaks, I want to see those views through my own eyes.
  • olivebeanhealthy
    olivebeanhealthy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Joined a gym, going 4-5x/wk and stoked on doing my best, rather than comparing myself to other members :) Something I was once too intimidated to do
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Joined a gym, going 4-5x/wk and stoked on doing my best, rather than comparing myself to other members :) Something I was once too intimidated to do

That's the hardest thing to overcome! Congrats!

• Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    021yhtv56bit.jpeg

I might be moving to London next month, so I'm really inspired to get out each weekend and enjoy Scotland. After my hill climb last weekend I felt confident enough to go out for a mile walk along the Forth River yesterday and enjoy the lovely views of the Queensferry Bridge. A mile might not sound far to most, but the farthest I have generally walked in the last year is from the front door to my car.

Scotland surely is beautiful. My daughter starts Uni there in September. But London---how exciting!
  • xazazelx
    xazazelx Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    A weird NSV for me.
    I made some low carb chocolate ganache and it was amazing.
    Not many carbs but it was triggering cravings, calling me from the freezer.
    I took the remaining portions and threw them out.
    Before lchf, I would have eaten the rest and then felt guilty! :blush:
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 991 Member
    Options

"Congrats on the 5k, that's awesome! I'm working my way up to climb Arthur's Seat, which gives you the best views of Edinburgh. It's 3 miles round trip, with a 279 m ascent, a hefty challenge for me, but even if it takes me all day with lots of breaks, I want to see those views through my own eyes.[/quote]

Now I really want to climb Arthur's Seat also! We really want to visit Scotland while we are stationed in Europe. We have one year left and then requesting England...or Alaska so my husband was thinking wait and see until we know where we are going before visiting Scotland. I am from Colorado but grew up in Canada. I love mountains, hiking and rugged areas. I got so far away from hiking after surgeries and gaining weight. So happy to be doing this again.

Thank you for a new goal. I don't think I am ready for a 279 m ascent. Maybe next year. How many flights of steps would that be on the fitbit??? :smiley:

• MilllieMoo
    MilllieMoo Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Last autumn I had to ask for a seat belt extender - now there's room to spare. These little things give such a morale boost.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    xazazelx wrote: »
    A weird NSV for me.

Great job! I tried the low carb treats in the beginning too and also realized they were going to be a problem for me. It's a huge win that you recognized it and responded. It's a tough one to do when they are "low carb". It's so easy to justify them.
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    My jeans are looser!
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    This weekend I made it up a very steep pathway to enjoy this magnificent view! I wouldn't have been able to do that 45 lbs ago.

That's a beautiful view - congrats!
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    NSV - Over the weekend I made a new recipe - keto chicken alfredo. Zoodles instead of regular noodles. Oh my it was GOOD! If I was allowed to post pics here I would!

Alfredo sauce is LCHF/Keto friendly and it's not very hard to make. It's cream, butter, Parmesan cheese and garlic simmered in a pan. I doubled the garlic and went easy on the cheese. It was AWESOME!

Very high in fat though so be careful about your macros :)
  • xazazelx
    xazazelx Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    xazazelx wrote: »
    A weird NSV for me.

Great job! I tried the low carb treats in the beginning too and also realized they were going to be a problem for me. It's a huge win that you recognized it and responded. It's a tough one to do when they are "low carb". It's so easy to justify them.

Thanks Sunny_Bunny_ :smile:

I've felt much better since the treats are out of the house!
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    So I have a great group of ladies I work with. I walk every day on breaks with two of them. One of those ladies brought me in a shirt she saw that she thought I'd like. She knows I'm losing weight and said I'm not sure you can wear it now, but you'll get to it!

It was a size large.

It fit.

:D
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Great NSVs! Congrats everyone!! :)
  • emilybeaver
    emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I ran in to someone at the store last night that I have not seen in about a month or more. She said oh my goodness you like great have you been losing weight. :-) she asked what I was doing, I told her and also said I haven't worked out in over 2 months either. After I told her I can eat bacon and cheese I think I had her mind going. I believe I'll be getting a message from her soon. Also it made me feel good since the scale has been lying to me again this week.
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    @lowjax75 that is an awesome nsv! I've had the same issues and understand completely how great it feels.

@PaleoInScotland a mile is nothing to sneeze at! If my grade school math is correct that is 1.6km. Hint: everything sounds better in metric ;)

I can relate to both of these nsv's. I am at this moment in Florida with my family for a vacation at Disney. On the plane ride here I had no difficultly fitting in the VERY small seat and I was able to use the tray! I can't recall the last time that happened. Also, at disney we did a few rides that involved a safety bar and it fit very comfortably.

And along the lines of Paleos nsv we walked for an entire day at disney. I thought I was going to die! Then we did it again the next day and it wasn't so bad. Three days in and I feel like I could walk for miles! I'm definitely going to keep this up once back home. In July I'm taking my wife to Ireland for a vacation and I plan to do lots of walking and exploring. Loving how I feel these days.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    daylitemag wrote: »
    we walked for an entire day at disney. I thought I was going to die! Then we did it again the next day and it wasn't so bad. Three days in and I feel like I could walk for miles! I'm definitely going to keep this up once back home. In July I'm taking my wife to Ireland for a vacation and I plan to do lots of walking and exploring. Loving how I feel these days.

That's awesome @daylitemag ! Sometimes we just have to push ourselves past our limits in order to overcome the mental block (which can often be worse than the physical block). The new you is going to have so much more fun in Ireland than the old you could have. Having a trip like that to look forward to is so motivating.
  • kimbo8435
    kimbo8435 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Last night, I went back to martial arts. I had just barely begun work on my white belt when my dystonia kicked into overdrive and I had to put it on pause. I took a deep breath and signed back up yesterday afternoon- was in class at 7 pm while I still had the motivation. My uniform fit over my hips better, I was able to move better, I even put one of the men a head taller than me on the floor during a drill on getting out of holds! Heck, I did burpees! In December, I couldn't hold my head out straight in the push up position and now... I'm kickin some hiney!
  • kimbo8435
    kimbo8435 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    @emilybeaver congrats on the NSV! It does feel special when we bump into someone we haven't seen for awhile and they can't help themselves but to compliment you with a "Wow!"