Let's Do This! Who are you, where are you from, what are your goals & what is your plan ?!!

Options
leecha2014
leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
edited March 2015 in Social Groups
We are a powerful group of like-minded people who have already broken into weight-loss success and we can see the finish line and we WILL cross it this year!
A group like this offering support, tips, sharing success and ideas may be just what you need to CRUSH THE LAST 60!!!
This is a private group sharing the same goal - let's introduce ourselves.

Replies

• leecha2014
    edited March 2015
    Options
    AWESOME!!! I truly believe in the power of a team. I will accept all friend requests. You will notice on my food diary that I am vegan, *don't leave! lol* I am not pushing this at all, it's a personal choice. I do believe however in eating as clean as possible, unprocessed. We will share tips as we go I just didn't want you to think this was a vegan trap lol

Who am I ?

My name is Lisa and I live in Burlington Ontario with my husband and fur-babies. I feel like I've been trying to lose weigh for 20 years, I've been bigger and I've been smaller but never satisfied.
    Finally, I've had enough. I want to see and live, the best version of me. I'm now 42 and the years have flown by, I want to be the best me NOW not in 10 years or 20 years, now.
    It is happening in 2015.

What are my Goals?: I will lose 60lbs by September 2015

What is my Plan?
    • I am tracking everything in MFP and will be on target with my calorie goal
    • I am working out min 5x per week doing ZUMBA, running, yoga and lifting weights
    • I will drink lots of water
    • I will meal plan to avoid getting hangry and eating out
    • I will limit alcohol
    • I will be accountable to this group

LET'S DO THIS !!!!!!!

" I already know what it feels like to give up, I want to know what happens when I don't"

Now, who are you?!
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options

Who am I ?

Hi everyone calls me Zacks. I am 59 and retired other than watching grandkids on occasion. One really cute cocker spaniel named Buddy and a husband of 30 years.

What are my Goals?: I will lose 30 pounds by September 2015

What is my Plan?
    • I am tracking everything in MFP and will be on target with my calorie goal
    • I am working out min 5x per week doing walking, jogging, jillian michaels. I am in a run/walk 2015 miles in 2015 challenge, doing a 5k this weekend, a 10k in April and a 12k in May.
    • I will drink lots of water
    • I will be accountable to this group

I have been at this for 1062 days and it's time to STAY FOCUSED. I have let life derail me in the past and this time I am not. I've lost 10 since January and want to keep my momentum going.

We have a lake house rented for a week at the end of August with some friends. Let me tell you ladies, it doesn't matter how old you get. It's not fun being the only fat chick on the beach. And this year i want to swim, kyack, and run strong down the beach. I may even do it in slow motion in a long flowing white dress. Lol.
  • leecha2014
    Options
    Zacks I love this!!!! You are going to do it and I see you skipping in your flowy white dress!

You. Will. Succeed.

Welcome
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    Who am I ? Hi! My name is Rachelle and I live in the burbs of Vancouver, BC, with my husband and seventeen-year-old son. I run my own business and work from home. Basically, I spend a lot of time sitting on my butt, feeling stressed out. My son is graduating so I am finding myself having more "me" time finally. Started this journey in November 2014, and am down 17 pounds.

What are my Goals? My first goal is running without walking breaks. I'm figuring the more active I am, the better I will be equipped to succeed at weight loss. I aim to lose an additional 62 lbs, and would like to do it sooner rather than later.

What is my Plan?
    • I will continue tracking everything in MFP - the good and the bad
    • I will continue working out at least five times per week doing running, walking, yoga, and strength training. I am signed up for numerous races this year, with the biggest being a second half marathon in October. I am hoping to run that one with little to no walking.
    • I will continue drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day
    • I will limit alcohol
    • I will focus on being the best me I can be, and not quit if my results are slower than I like

Looking forward to getting to know everybody and cheering you all on!
  • zacksnana
    Options
    Wow @hopetorun I am impressed with your running!!! I kinda did a half marathon a few weeks ago. Does walking 8.8 miles downtown, having 4 beers, then walking 7.8 miles home count as a half marathon?? And I know you will ask why it was further there than home. It took a while to find a restaurant that serves beer open at 11:00 am.

Notice I left limiting alcohol off my list above? I'm smart like that.
  • zacksnana
    Options
    leecha2014 wrote: »
    Zacks I love this!!!! You are going to do it and I see you skipping in your flowy white dress!

You. Will. Succeed.

Welcome

Thank you so much!
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options
    zacksnana wrote: »
    Wow @hopetorun I am impressed with your running!!! I kinda did a half marathon a few weeks ago. Does walking 8.8 miles downtown, having 4 beers, then walking 7.8 miles home count as a half marathon?? And I know you will ask why it was further there than home. It took a while to find a restaurant that serves beer open at 11:00 am.

Notice I left limiting alcohol off my list above? I'm smart like that.

Ha, hilarious. You bet that counts! I am impressed it wasn't longer on the way home :) They have a half marathon in BC here where you run to different wineries and stop to drink at each one. . . . And I have heard of the beer mile races.
  • leecha2014
    Options
    Goals should be specific. I just caught myself, when I said " I will drink lots of water" that's not how you do it.
    So correction, I will drink min 8 12oz glasses per day. I really only drink water so it will be more.
  • zacksnana
    Options
    I found that if I cut lemon slices and put in my big 32 oz water bottle i fill the bottle up at least 3 times during the day because I love the taste.
  • Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Who am I? I'm a 20 year old woman who works full time and treats her dog like a baby! I've lost over 30lbs in the last year, but have another 30 to go. It's been a slow couple of months while I got adjusted to a new routine with working full time and shift changes but I'm settled now and ready to finish my journey!

What are my goals? The obvious goal is to lose at least another 30lbs, get to a healthy BMI and just to feel good about myself! Aside from that, I want to finally do a full push up. Once I reach them initial goals I'll reassess and set new, harder goals!

What is my plan?
    »I will log everything, every day.
    »I will stay within my calorie limit.
    »I will exercise daily (exception of rest day) following fitnessblender reach program.
    »I will hold myself accountable here!
    »I will progress onto fitnessblender's 4 week program for busy people once I finish their reach program, or their low impact hiit for beginners.
  • deniztuzu2
    deniztuzu2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Group,
    I'm Ayhan from Ankara,TURKEY. I work in my own little pizza delivery shop, its 14 hours work for 6 days. Sundays I spend with my daughter so no work just fun that day. I started my weight loss journey on the 17th of November and have lost 25kg(55 lbs) so far.

What are my goals?: Well I aim to hit 215 lbs in the short run and 180 lbs in the long strech. Because of my work situation I don't have time to exercise and I don't intend to start now as this arrangement of tracking my calories and following IIFYM style is working better than I had hoped.

What is my plan?:
    • I will track my intake on MFP forever if I can
    • I will mourn over all the clothes I have which will not fit me right in the near future
    • I gave up alcohol 4 years ago so no problems there and my water intake is 3 litres at least everyday so I got that covered as well.
  • sheilastaines
    sheilastaines Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Who am I ?
    My name is Sheila and I live in Washington state with my husband and two kids. I am committed to be fit by the end of this year. I've been overweight since about middle school and plan to change that.

What are my Goals?: Short term: Lose 30 pounds by the end of May. By the end of the year be down 65 pounds (goal weight: 170 pounds)

What is my Plan?
    Drink 100 ounces of water every day
    Stay within my calorie goal of 1300 a day (even on the weekends!)
    Exercise at least 3x a week
    Walk everyday

Excited to be in this group! Let's crush those extra pounds!
  • zacksnana
    Options
    Who am I ?
    My name is Sheila and I live in Washington state with my husband and two kids. I am committed to be fit by the end of this year. I've been overweight since about middle school and plan to change that.

What are my Goals?: Short term: Lose 30 pounds by the end of May. By the end of the year be down 65 pounds (goal weight: 170 pounds)

What is my Plan?
    Drink 100 ounces of water every day
    Stay within my calorie goal of 1300 a day (even on the weekends!)
    Exercise at least 3x a week
    Walk everyday

Excited to be in this group! Let's crush those extra pounds!

Hi Sheila!! Wooohooo Washington! Spokane here. How about you?
  • leecha2014
    Options
    Welcome everyone!! I'm so glad you joined and shared your plan with us.
    Refer to this post, remember you goals and action steps because we are doing this!!
  • leecha2014
    Options
    @Maquillage_‌ I'm so glad I'm not the only one that treats their dog as a baby. I couldn't have children :( so my little rescue chihuahua is my baby. I'm absolutely crazy about him and he is always with me ❤️
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options
    deniztuzu2 wrote: »
    Hi Group,
    I'm Ayhan from Ankara,TURKEY. I work in my own little pizza delivery shop, its 14 hours work for 6 days. Sundays I spend with my daughter so no work just fun that day. I started my weight loss journey on the 17th of November and have lost 25kg(55 lbs) so far.

What are my goals?: Well I aim to hit 215 lbs in the short run and 180 lbs in the long strech. Because of my work situation I don't have time to exercise and I don't intend to start now as this arrangement of tracking my calories and following IIFYM style is working better than I had hoped.

What is my plan?:
    • I will track my intake on MFP forever if I can
    • I will mourn over all the clothes I have which will not fit me right in the near future
    • I gave up alcohol 4 years ago so no problems there and my water intake is 3 litres at least everyday so I got that covered as well.

55 pounds since November 17th is fantastic! You obviously know what you're doing. Congratulations :)
  • fattofit_fritch26
    fattofit_fritch26 Posts: 131 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Who am I ?
    My name is Courtney, I am 22 years old, married to the love of my life, and living in North Carolina. I started college in the best shape of my life, but unfortunately late nights, drinking, and easy meals added more weight on me than I would like to admit...now at my heaviest (187 lbs :( ). I lost about 15-20 lbs before my wedding, but though honeymoon weight and being home alone a lot I gained it all back (embarrassing). I am ready to make a permanent change, my husband is a Marine and in amazing shape, and I want to be the partner in crime he deserves! I have an amazing marriage, the cutest little puppy there is, and a great new job...now all I need is a healthy lifestyle to complete what I am determined to make the best year of my life!

I'm so excited to have all of you to do it with! Feel free to add me everyone!

What are my Goals?
    I will lose 67 lbs by September 2015 (my one year wedding anniversary)

What is my Plan?
    • I wil track everything! I have a meal planning/workout notebook & I will use MFP religiously
    • I will drink at least 3 nalgenes a day
    • I will meal prep to keep my diet balanced and me on track
    • I will not keep too much junk in my house (ya gotta have some)
    • I will update this accountability group constantly - staying motivated and accountable
    • I will limit to one cheat meal a month and stay on calories the rest of the time
    • I will work out a minimum of 4 times a week
    • I am starting TurboFire tomorrow and doing intermediate cardio and weight lifting
    • I will stay positive and motivated and not fall off the wagon no matter what!
    • I am also documenting my journey on instagram: fab_fit_fritch26
  • zacksnana
    Options
    @Maquillage_‌ I'm so glad I'm not the only one that treats their dog as a baby. I couldn't have children :( so my little rescue chihuahua is my baby. I'm absolutely crazy about him and he is always with me ❤️

My cocker spaniel sleeps in my bed. Crazy right??? But he's so cute I have to let him. When he sees I'm getting ready to go for a walk he runs to the drawer and tries to open it and get his leash.
  • fattofit_fritch26
    fattofit_fritch26 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    zacksnana wrote: »

My cocker spaniel sleeps in my bed. Crazy right??? But he's so cute I have to let him. When he sees I'm getting ready to go for a walk he runs to the drawer and tries to open it and get his leash.

I have a Cocker Spaniel too! He is my baby and definitely spoiled!

• goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Who am I?
    My name is Shea. I am a 46 year old mother of 3 awesome human kiddos! I also have two dogs and two cats (all of whom sleep in the bed with us!) and a few other little critters. I started with MFP in November and have lost 53 pounds. The past couple of weeks I fell off the wagon, big time! I have been like a kid in a candy store. It is time for me to get back on the wagon and finish what I started.

What are my goals?
    • Complete a 5k - I am signed up for one in April
    • Lose 60 lbs, bringing my total weight loss to 113lbs.
    • Get to a healthy BMI

What is my plan?
    • I will log all of my food
    • I will drink at least 80oz of water each day
    • I will work out at least 5 times per week
    • I will stay positive
    • I will stay under my calorie goal each day
    • When I feel myself slipping I will reach out to someone instead of trying to do it alone
    • I will take my meds and vitamins each day.