Let's Do This! Who are you, where are you from, what are your goals & what is your plan ?!!

Options

Replies

• Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    leecha2014 wrote: »
    @Maquillage_‌ I'm so glad I'm not the only one that treats their dog as a baby. I couldn't have children :( so my little rescue chihuahua is my baby. I'm absolutely crazy about him and he is always with me ❤️

I'm sorry to hear that, but dogs can be just as much of a baby as you let them! Mine sleeps in my bed haha. And she has to have her teddy and the blanket over her or she cries until I fix it!
  • Parsniphead
    Parsniphead Posts: 43 Member
    Options

Who am I ?

Hello everyone. My name is Ali and I live in a small town called Netherton which is in the West Midlands, UK. I'm 44 years old with a little boy soon to turn 4 years old. I live with my son, husband and two very irritating cats.

What are my Goals?: I will lose 50 pounds by October 2015

What is my Plan?
    I am tracking everything in MFP, well I will start again today.
    I am be doing the Jillian Michaels Shread again and have been trying to build up the courage to start C25K.
    I will cut out the cheese and biscuits (my downfall).
    I will be healthier by the end.

As an older mum I'm so aware that I need to be as healthy as possible to be around to see my little one grow up. Plus I have already been asked if I was his Grandma. Things need to change.
  • leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone!
  • leecha2014
    Options
    @Maquillage_‌ I'm so glad I'm not the only one that treats their dog as a baby. I couldn't have children :( so my little rescue chihuahua is my baby. I'm absolutely crazy about him and he is always with me ❤️

I'm sorry to hear that, but dogs can be just as much of a baby as you let them! Mine sleeps in my bed haha. And she has to have her teddy and the blanket over her or she cries until I fix it!

I love it! Mine sleeps in bed with us too, I have a very sweet husband who has allowed this, lol. Love the teddy and blanket, so cute.
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Who am I ?

My name is Susan, 33 and I'm originally from London UK and now living in a small village on the Lincolnshire / Leicestershire border with my partner and our 2 pooches Oska & Jasmine who are my absolute babies. I've been on a diet ever since I can remember. My heaviest recorded weight was 220lbs back in 2009, by 2010 I was 169lbs then I began gaining weight again. In June 2014 I was back at 207lbs. I'm now 170lbs so pretty much back to my smallest dieting weight. I'm not falling off of the wagon this time, I have my goals firmly in sight.

What are my Goals?:

Ideally my goal weight is 126lbs but I will be happy to get to 140lbs. I am 5ft 3.5. I would like to lose 30lbs by September.
    To buy a pair of skinny jeans, to go with my converse trainers that I've never worn as they look silly with flared trousers.

What is my Plan?

•I will log everything I eat, unless I have a rare night out, then I will try and make sensible menu choices.
    •If I mess up and binge, I will still log everything and not pretend it didn't happen.
    •I will continue to log into MFP every day.
    •I will set myself small weight loss goals and reward myself with little non food treats (next target is to weight 161lbs) Once I reach this goal I will buy myself a....(haven't decided yet!)
  • 10alliemarie
    10alliemarie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Who am I? I'm Allison from Ohio. I'm 28 years old and have a desk job. I'm also studying for a big professional certification exam so I sit even more when I go home. I was skinny from birth through high school but gradually gained weight to where I am today.

What are my goals?
    Lose 1/2 pound a week until I lose 60 pounds
    Start doing the 100 pushup challenge
    Walk at least 5000 steps a day

What is my plan?
    I will log everything, every day.
    Drink at least 60 oz of water a day
    Follow the 100 pushup training program
    Wear my fitbit everyday
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    0a54gze8uhwl.jpg
    zacksnana wrote: »

My cocker spaniel sleeps in my bed. Crazy right??? But he's so cute I have to let him. When he sees I'm getting ready to go for a walk he runs to the drawer and tries to open it and get his leash.

I have a Cocker Spaniel too! He is my baby and definitely spoiled!

Oh let me see yours!
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    So many fantastic success stories. I'm seriously having some puppy envy . . . stupid allergies!
  • wandeyu76
    wandeyu76 Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Who am I?
    • I'm a 38 yr old mother of 3. I never lost my weight from the youngest ( 4 years old)
    • I'm from upstate NY.
    • I play roller derby, and work in media production.
    • I don't eat meat.

What are my goals?

I wanna lose 45 lbs, but I also wanna become stronger, and put on some muscle. I also would like to become more agile, and flexible during this the process and heighten my athleticism. Eating wise, I would like to significantly increase my intake if veggies/fruits and vegetarian sources of protein. I wanna cook and eat as cleanly as possible, and have the strength to abstain from cheat days.

What is plan

To start: roller derby 3x week, jogging and basic weight training 3x, I'll adjust these fitness goals as I get closer to my goal. I'd like to lose around 1.5-2 lbs a week. I know eventually it'll start slowing down. Eat healthy for both wellness and weight loss.

Of course I wanna stay honest about logging and drink lots of water!
  • FitnessorFudget
    FitnessorFudget Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Who am I ?

Hi everyone! My name is Lacey! I live alone with my two cats in Louisiana. I was very health-conscious in high school and early college, but entered a relationship, picked up some bad habits, and four years later was left with no guy and 80 extra lbs. I've lost about half of that since 2012...and I'd like to finally shed the rest! I'm a high school math teacher, hopefully soon to be engineering graduate student, and I'm trying to make some good decisions about my future!

What are my Goals?
    I will lose 40 lbs by October 2015

What is my Plan?
    • I am tracking everything in MFP and will be on target with my calorie goal
    • I am working out by lifting 3x a week and cardio 3x a week
    • I will drink lots of water
    • I will meal plan to save money and eat healthier
    • I will join a gym
    • I will be accountable to this group

Nice to meet y'all!!!
  • momamia3
    momamia3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Who am I?
    My name is Amanda 32 yrs old.... Mom of 2 boys 8 and 6 yrs old. Married......i am from Innisfail Alberta... I have been struggling with weight my whole life on and off...

Goals
    -lose 66 lbs.
    -Create a lifestyle that will stick
    -Do a mud run or 5 k
    -Be strong and fit

Plan
    -workout 5-6 days per week. I have an eliptical,tredmill, free weights, collection of workout dvd s. ..turbo jam,21 day fix,Zumba, on and on..
    - log all food and drink on mfp. If it touches my lips it's logged.
    - drinking 8-12 cups water per day
    - drinking green smoothies made with my nutri bullet.

Thanks for reading :-)....let's do this.
  • Aliciab927
    Aliciab927 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Who am I?

My name is Alicia, 34 years old and live in Upstate NY. I live with my husband, 7 year old son, 1 senior citizen pup and 1 15 month old Newfoundland pup. I suffered from Anorexia during my high school years and slowly began to gain weight and became healthy. Held a healthy weight of 135 to 140 until I got pregnant with my son. Gained a total of 72lbs and fought to get it off. Met my husband 10 months later and was weighing in at 150lbs. Weight slowly added back up. Exercise was limited due to back injury, cravings got the best of me and when I got stressed, I ate. Exercised it off last spring and lost 20lbs. Came all back to me plus some.
    My time is limited during the summer months since I become a single mom while my husband travels for work. I am now starting a meal and exercise program with help from my husband to get myself more stable before spring/summer hits.

What are my Goals?
    I want to lose 40 to 50 lbs (and keep it off), eat healthy and strengthen my back and core. Would like to have it completed by Feb 2016

What is my plan?
    • Sticking to the Lean 25 diet for 12 weeks
    • Drinking 64 oz of water a day
    • Use Myfitness Pal to record all my food intake & keep my Fitbit Charge linked
    • Exercise everyday. (either with DVDs or treadmill)
    • Keep pushing & get support from the group

Great to meet everyone and cant wait for the support to get these pounds off.
  • maryjboom
    maryjboom Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Who am I?
    Hi everyone. My name is Mary. I am from the Boston area. I have a husband and 2 dogs/children. I work in health care/research, so there is a lot of sitting.

What are my goals?
    I would like to lose 50 lbs total. No time line.

My plan?
    • Track everything even if it makes me go over.
    • If I go over, don't get upset.
    • Learn how to stay within my calories
    • Drink lots of water
    • Keep going to the gym 5-6x wk.
    • Be healthy

Good luck everyone!
  • angelgreathouse9
    angelgreathouse9 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    who am i?My name is Angel, and I'm 34, I live in Jacksonville, Fl. I manage a gas station so I am forever around all the food I have to avoid. I yoyo-dieted my entire life and I think I finally have gotten it right! I've never been this small before (137), I still have a ways to go but I'm here for the long haul.
    What are my Goals? I want to tone up in 2015.
    What is my Plan?
    *continue tracking my calories in/out
    *continue drinking at least a gallon of water per day
    *continue going to the gym 4 days a week
    *I want to run a marathon (or at least jog) so I will continue running on the treadmill until I get there
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Who am I ?
    I am Dusti and I currently live in Northern California with my husband, daughter, and two cocker spaniels. My husband is a pilot for the Coast Guard so we move around every 3-4 years. I am originally from Alabama and the hubs is from Virginia. We have two daughters, one deceased and one living. Our youngest little girl is only 2 months old and keeping us pretty busy. We enjoy being outside and have several hobbies that have taken a backseat to the new baby. We like to run, cycle, hike, camp, backpack, travel, kayak, drink craft beers and wine, eat good food, and just generally absorb some sunshine.

What are my Goals?:
    I've been a member of MFP since 2011 and am back again to drop the weight I gained during pregnancy. I've already lost 23lbs and have 50lbs left to be at my original weight. I am breast feeding so I have to keep my calories high enough to keep my supply strong.

I have a few mini goals or milestones along the way, and end goals for the finish. I am giving myself one year to reach my end goals (started January). I have an Excel spreadsheet to track my journey that includes weight loss, measurements, TDEE and calorie calculations, and a chart to track the progress. My milestones are: first 30lbs lost = hot stone massage, next 20lbs lost = new clothing, next 10lbs lost = new hair style or color, next 8lbs lost = new pair of running shoes/gear, and the last 5lbs = family photography session. My end goals are: 140lbs, back into my clothing at a size 6, normal BMI range, and 25% body fat. I know these goals are achievable with time and effort because I've done it all once before.

What is my Plan?
    - I will run again and have already started with intervals (3x per week for now).
    - I will add cycling back into my routine, and I just bought a sweet new carbon bike.
    - I will strength train at least twice a week. I am currently doing a "push up challenge" for the next 30 days.
    - I will learn to be flexible with my plans so that I can exercise when I find the time.
  • leecha2014
    Options
    Welcome everyone!
  • Testami73
    Testami73 Posts: 35
    Options
    Who am I? Tami, mom of three, from Boston, but live near St.Paul MN. I have been getting healthy since 2011 after I found out I was pre-diabetic and realized how I was slowly killing myself. During the first two years I lost 75 pounds and got active, thus kicking pre-diabetes to the curb. As I got physically healthy, I also got mentally, emotionally, and spiritually more healthy, which led to losing 235 more pounds (my now ex-husband.).

What are my goals? Fat loss. Lose 50 pounds of fat/water weight. Maintain LBM; increase strength. Move from practicing self-care to feeling self-love. Feel good about my relationship with food.

My plan? Track my eating on MFP daily and stay on plan regarding calories. Continue lifting heavy. Love myself enough to encourage myself daily. Practice discipline with mercy.
  • starjulia
    starjulia Posts: 22 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Julia, i am 33 years old, married with two kids, 3 and 6 and our great dane puppy. We live in Northern California.

My goals are to
    lose 35 lbs by oct/Nov, basically i want to look amazing for our annual family photos.
    Tone up, especially my arms. I want to wear tank tops and shorts this summer and feel confortable.
    I want to participate in a 5k run

My plan is
    Log on here everyday and accurately log my food
    Drink at least 64 ounces of water a day
    Get up at 5am and workout before work, monday thru friday
    I plan to reward myself along my journey with non food items at 150lbs 140lb and then the big one at 125lbs
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    starjulia wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

My name is Julia, i am 33 years old, married with two kids, 3 and 6 and our great dane puppy. We live in Northern California.

My goals are to
    lose 35 lbs by oct/Nov, basically i want to look amazing for our annual family photos.
    Tone up, especially my arms. I want to wear tank tops and shorts this summer and feel confortable.
    I want to participate in a 5k run

My plan is
    Log on here everyday and accurately log my food
    Drink at least 64 ounces of water a day
    Get up at 5am and workout before work, monday thru friday
    I plan to reward myself along my journey with non food items at 150lbs 140lb and then the big one at 125lbs

Hi Julia! Great goals! Pretty much mine in the 30 pounds too!
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    Testami73 wrote: »
    Who am I? Tami, mom of three, from Boston, but live near St.Paul MN. I have been getting healthy since 2011 after I found out I was pre-diabetic and realized how I was slowly killing myself. During the first two years I lost 75 pounds and got active, thus kicking pre-diabetes to the curb. As I got physically healthy, I also got mentally, emotionally, and spiritually more healthy, which led to losing 235 more pounds (my now ex-husband.).

What are my goals? Fat loss. Lose 50 pounds of fat/water weight. Maintain LBM; increase strength. Move from practicing self-care to feeling self-love. Feel good about my relationship with food.

My plan? Track my eating on MFP daily and stay on plan regarding calories. Continue lifting heavy. Love myself enough to encourage myself daily. Practice discipline with mercy.

Awesome success. Congratulations! I love your goals and your plan. I also need to practice discipline with mercy.