Let's Do This! Who are you, where are you from, what are your goals & what is your plan ?!!

Options

Replies

• RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    dward2011 wrote: »
    Who am I ?
    I am Dusti and I currently live in Northern California. I have an Excel spreadsheet to track my journey that includes weight loss, measurements, TDEE and calorie calculations, and a chart to track the progress.

I do this too. I am a data geek :smile:
  • mindy558
    mindy558 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Mindy, 40 years old married with 3 children and have always been overweight. Currently at 245 down 13 in last month. I work full time, shift work usually midnights and the odd afternoon shift. I lost weight about 6 years ago due to overactive thyroid, then about 4 years ago had radio active idione to attempt to fix thyroid and now am on meds for underactive thyroid since then. I hope to lose at least 75lbs in the next 9 to 12 months. I have faithfully been tracking with mpf and excercised daily except for about 5 days over the last month.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    mindy558 wrote: »
    Hi I'm Mindy, 40 years old married with 3 children and have always been overweight. Currently at 245 down 13 in last month. I work full time, shift work usually midnights and the odd afternoon shift. I lost weight about 6 years ago due to overactive thyroid, then about 4 years ago had radio active idione to attempt to fix thyroid and now am on meds for underactive thyroid since then. I hope to lose at least 75lbs in the next 9 to 12 months. I have faithfully been tracking with mpf and excercised daily except for about 5 days over the last month.

Great month!!!!!! Nice!!
  • leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone! So glad you joined!
  • ECKHockeyMom
    ECKHockeyMom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Who am I ?

Hi everyone! My name is Stacey and I live in Windsor, Ontario ! I'm a very hard on myself - type person. Most of the time I have no willpower and can't seem to stick and follow through. I want this....I want to lose 60lbs. I am a very self conscious person. At times I feel my husband is not supportive at all. And, expects me to fail. I have three boys and are very active. I concentrate on everyone else and have forgotten about myself along the way. Its just 60lbs......right? To me it seems so far away and I wanted it yesterday. I'm scared that I won't be successful. I've tried so many times and have given up. I don't want to this time. I want this - I'm tired of being fat and flabby.

What are my Goals?
    I will lose 60 lbs by Novemer of 2015

What is my Plan?
    I am tracking everything in MFP and will be on (try) target with my calorie goal
    I am working out by lifting 5x a week and cardio 3x a week
    I will continue drinking water
    I will not fad diet - I will do it the safe and healthy way.

Stacey
  • Fabu_lass
    Fabu_lass Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Who am I?
    Hi Everyone. I am from London, UK. I have a daughter and partner (who is healthy & fit). I work an office job with lots of sitting. My highest weight was 220lbs and I’m down 20lbs.

What are my goals?
    • I will lose 30lbs by September and (60lbs total by March 2016)
    • Run without stopping the 10K booked in September and beat my 1st 10k time
    • Be fitter, stronger, smaller
    • Tone up, lose fat, gain muscle
    My plan?
    • To log on every day and log my meals every day
    • Start weight training, I have booked a session with a PT for next week
    • Work out consistently, I have a beginner plan (weights) to start but also be more consistent with cardio (including running), 3 alternate days for both to start
    • Drink more water, finish the 2 bottles daily at work (1 before lunch/1 after) and 2 at home (1 morning/1 night)
    • Not to give up if I have one not so good day, just get back on it straight away
    LET’S DO THIS
    Marisa
  • leecha2014
    Options
    Welcome Stacey and Marisa! Love your goals, specific and attainable. Stacey, just take it one day at a time, focus on 10lb increments, not the big picture.

Ladies, we are doing this!!
  • ECKHockeyMom
    ECKHockeyMom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you, leecha2014!!!!
  • DucklingPrincess
    DucklingPrincess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Who am I?

My name is Lyndie, I'm 18, and I live in South Carolina. I'm going to college in August and I plan to major in biology. I just want to look good when I go because I'm going three hours away, and (as far as I know) no one in my high school is going to the same school, so it's a completely fresh start, and it would be nice to look good. Also, already having healthy habits will help me avoid the Freshman 15.

What are my goals?:

Lose 20 lbs by 2015

My plan:

• Log every day, staying under 1450 calories
    • Work out at least 5 times a week, but I'll do it as much as possible
    • Drink at least 64 oz of water a day
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Who am I ?

Hi everyone! My name is Stacey and I live in Windsor, Ontario ! I'm a very hard on myself - type person. Most of the time I have no willpower and can't seem to stick and follow through. I want this....I want to lose 60lbs. I am a very self conscious person. At times I feel my husband is not supportive at all. And, expects me to fail. I have three boys and are very active. I concentrate on everyone else and have forgotten about myself along the way. Its just 60lbs......right? To me it seems so far away and I wanted it yesterday. I'm scared that I won't be successful. I've tried so many times and have given up. I don't want to this time. I want this - I'm tired of being fat and flabby.

What are my Goals?
    I will lose 60 lbs by Novemer of 2015

What is my Plan?
    I am tracking everything in MFP and will be on (try) target with my calorie goal
    I am working out by lifting 5x a week and cardio 3x a week
    I will continue drinking water
    I will not fad diet - I will do it the safe and healthy way.

Stacey

I started out with 60 to lose. It seemed soooo far away and hard to do. I am at about 27 to go. Don't focus on 60. Just 10 at a time. I wanted 209. Then 199. Then 189. Etc. Just bust hard at each 10 pounds and don't look ahead. You can do it.
  • fitfat1975
    fitfat1975 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Who am I

My name is Tracey and I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I am turning 40 at the end of June and I want to start my 40's off being healthy! I have been working out consistently for last 4 years but I am sick of being fit fat. Lol

What are my Goals?: I want to lose 40 lbs by September 2015.

What is my Plan?

• I am tracking everything in MFP and will be on target with my calorie goal
    • I am working out min 5-6x per week at my gym and also running outside.
    • I will drink lots of water
    • I will meal plan because when I get busy at work I eat crappy.
    • I want to run a 10k in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan in July.

• Amber_hanson27
    Amber_hanson27 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Amber and I live in Texas with my husband and three kids. I am 33 and I've decided enough is enough. I've lost 35 lbs and have 30 to go. I'm going to keep logging everything and weighing all my food to stay on track. Also I'm continuing to do any and all exercises to keep things fun. And my over all goal is to bring my sexy back. I'm so ready.
  • katrinacoric
    katrinacoric Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Who am I?
    Hi I'm Katrina, and I'm from Indiana. I just turned 25 last week. I got a little out of control for my birthday, but who the heck wanys to diet on their birthday? In December, I hit my biggest weight I've ever had so I decided to do something about it. Of course I tried to take the easy route first by contacting my insurance about surgery. Their response was that they don't pay for obesity. So I said that's fine you can pay for a diet doctor then. So I started a diet program that is low calorie and lower carb.

What is my goal?
    I would like to lose 100 pounds at least by next December. Right now I've lost about 42 pounds.

What is my plan?
    I need to stick to my diet. Through some testing, the doctor found that I need to stick to a 1500 calorie diet with 113 carbs a day. I've been logging EVERYTHING into MFP, I own up to everything I eat. I try to eat every 3-4 hours to keep my metabolism up. Also, I try to work out 3-4 times a week.

I am so ready to begin a new life. I hit 300 pounds at 16, so it's safe to say I can never remember a time where I was fit. I just want to be comfortable in my own skin. Let's do this!
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options
    Hi Stacey from Ontario. I used to be a perfectionist, and that is why I never dieted more than a few days. I'd always quit. Let's lower our expectations and just take it pound by pound, day by day, meal by meal. We can do this!

Hi Tracey from Manitoba. You made me laugh with "fit fat". Sounds like you are doing a lot of things right and just need a few tweaks so you can drop the fat. Welcome. Good luck with your 10K in July! What do I know about Saskatchewan? It's windy and the mosquitoes loved me - maybe these will make you go faster LOL :)

Hi Amber from Texas. Congratulations - you're over halfway to your goal! Three boys must keep you busy!

Hi Katrina, you sound like you have very specific targets every day that must have been a challenge at first, but you are having wonderful success. I can relate to wanting to be comfortable in my own skin. Keep up the great work!
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options
    Who am I? My name is Lyndie,

Hi Lyndie, what an exciting future you have ahead of you. Looks like a great plan!
  • aubsgg
    aubsgg Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Who am I?
    My name is Marilyn. I'm 59 years old living in Northern California with my husband. A few years ago I went from 210 to 174. Wasn't finished but stopped paying attention and went back up to 200. Been concentrating on eating the last 4 weeks and only down to 196. Twice before I've gotten to 135-145, and slowly add it back on. I'm going to be retiring on April 1, and will have time to be able to exercise.

My goal
    Is to lose 50 lbs (more likely 55 and ideally 60) overall
    30 lbs by December 2015

My plan

Log food daily
    exercise 350-500 cal burn 5 days a week
    - Wii Zumba
    - bike ride
    - swimming
    - yoga
    - exercise videos
    - elliptical
  • mp216y
    mp216y Posts: 12 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Who am I ?
    Hello! My name is Melissa, i'm 27 years old I live in Reno NV with my husband, 12 year old son and 2 dogs Moxi (chihuahua) Snot (pug). I did a biggest lose competition at work and got 3rd place losing 30lbs in 12 weeks. After that I went to the gym 4-5 days a week and even worked with a personal trainer for 3 months and did not lose any more I got frustrated and quit. I gained most of it back so i'm pretty much starting from scratch. I work at a call center so sit down all day and my husband and I own Last Resort DJ and Photo Booth so my schedule can be a bit crazy at times. but i wont let that get in the way I am dedicated to getting this weight off once and for all.

feel free to add me as well :smiley:

What are my Goals?
    long term I will get down to 150lbs I have 71lbs to go. short term I will lose 15lbs by the time I leave for vacation 6-19-15. I will lose at lease 1lb a week
    I will also run a 5k.

What is my Plan?
    I am tracking everything in MFP and will be on target with my calorie goal
    work out at least 3 days a week
    cut out fast food and plan ahead so I don't get stuck with it.
    I have signed up for the Color Me Rad 5k in September. I started the couch to 5k app today so I will be ready for that 5k.
  • tiffanycherie
    tiffanycherie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Who am I?
    Hey Everyone! I'm Tiffany. I'm 35 years old, married to a service member, and have 3 beautiful kids. I have been heavy/overweight most of my life but, my weight really didnt bother me or prevent me from doing things until I hit my late 20s. It was like, I woke up one day, felt depressed and realized that I am obese. I had success in the past on diets plans like body for life and low carb. Never really stuck with it though. Which is why I am here. I started this weight loss journey last year. My 1st goal was to get under 200lbs. Weighing in @ 238 at the time. I ended lossing 32lbs within 4 months and then the scale stopped moving. Even though I was losing inches, my clothes were getting looser, I got very frustated b/c I couldn't get the scale to move. So, I took a break before the holidays and what did that get me a 15lb gain. Well, here I am weighing in at 220, back at it. Not giving up this time. Committed and in it for the long haul. Staying positive. Now, realizing what silly mistake I made focusing that much on the scale.

What are my goals?
    My 1st goal is to lose the 15lbs that I managed to gain
    My overall goal is to get down to 135/140

What are my plans?
    Log my food everyday in myfitness pal
    Stay under my calorie goal
    Workout 5 to 6 days a week. I am aiming for 2800 calorie burn a week

• Sheets76
    Sheets76 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi alIs Nice to emeet you all and read your stories. I'm Sheetal and I live in beautiful Sydney with my two little boys and super busy husband. I turn 40 next year and don't want to be fat when I do. I am tired of making time for everyone else except me!!! I want to be healthy again. I want to look good in outfits again...I want to enjoy shopping for myself ....I know it sounds vain but when you are surrounded by size 4s ...it doesn't feel good to be me !!! I want to be the best me I can be...

What is my goal?
    I will loose 30 pounds by October 2015

What is my plan?
    Drink 2litres of water everyday
    Log my calories on mfp
    stay within my calorie goal
    exercise 5 x per week
  • leecha2014
    Options
    Who am I?
    Hey Everyone! I'm Tiffany. I'm 35 years old, married to a service member, and have 3 beautiful kids. I have been heavy/overweight most of my life but, my weight really didnt bother me or prevent me from doing things until I hit my late 20s. It was like, I woke up one day, felt depressed and realized that I am obese. I had success in the past on diets plans like body for life and low carb. Never really stuck with it though. Which is why I am here. I started this weight loss journey last year. My 1st goal was to get under 200lbs. Weighing in @ 238 at the time. I ended lossing 32lbs within 4 months and then the scale stopped moving. Even though I was losing inches, my clothes were getting looser, I got very frustated b/c I couldn't get the scale to move. So, I took a break before the holidays and what did that get me a 15lb gain. Well, here I am weighing in at 220, back at it. Not giving up this time. Committed and in it for the long haul. Staying positive. Now, realizing what silly mistake I made focusing that much on the scale.

What are my goals?
    My 1st goal is to lose the 15lbs that I managed to gain
    My overall goal is to get down to 135/140

What are my plans?
    Log my food everyday in myfitness pal
    Stay under my calorie goal
    Workout 5 to 6 days a week. I am aiming for 2800 calorie burn a week

Welcome Tiffany! It is so hard not to focus on the scale, I feel the same way. This time I've taken measurements and will focus more on that. Exercise, track in MFP and stuck with us, you will do it!!