Already hit all my numbers and still hungry, now what?

Options
I've already hit my calories, fat, protein, and (very low) carbs, but still have a gnawing hunger I can't seem to satisfy...I know calories count, but if I eat something else and stay on percentage how bad is it if I overeat on calories? New to all this so I'm still learning.

Replies

• Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Eat more fat. Percentages don't matter. You are on target for both carbs and protein, and the point of fat is to eat to satiety. If you are new to eating this way, don't worry about calories right now.
  • jerryellis63012
    jerryellis63012 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Mistizoom wrote: »
    Eat more fat. Percentages don't matter. You are on target for both carbs and protein, and the point of fat is to eat to satiety. If you are new to eating this way, don't worry about calories right now.

Awesome thank you for the info!

• jerryellis63012
    Options
    I also read online that I shouldn't eat more than half an avocado a day, how true is that?
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Truly crazy.
  • jerryellis63012
    Options
    That's good news cause I use them allot!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Check out walnuts, almonds, Bullet Proof Coffee... As additional fat sorces...
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    How big is your calorie deficit? I am rarely hungry, even eating as few as 1600 calories some days. At least 30g of protein per meal seems to be key for me.
  • jerryellis63012
    edited March 2015
    Options
    What is a good way to get just more fat in? Besides eating a stick of butter or plain avocado?
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry, eat. No more carbs, if you are at your limit. But plenty of fat and protein. Just eat.
  • winninglosing43
    winninglosing43 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Eat until you're full. Thats the AWESOME part of this way of eating.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    What is a good way to get just more fat in? Besides eating a stick of butter or plain avocado?

What's wrong with eating a stick of butter or plain avocado?
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I agree with dragonwolf. I love plain butter (my daughter does too ;) ), plain avocado, cream off a spoon. Yummmm.

I you like tea/coffee put some cream/fats in it.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options

Make fat bombs (sweet or savory bite-size snacks with high fat concentrations), fatty dips and sauces (pork rinds are good fat-filled vehicles for them), add a tbsp of butter or bacon fat to your veggies, snack on some hard cheeses, make a fatty smoothie with coconut oil and cream in it. And the lower-carb nuts are something fat dense to budget into your day. Check out the Recipe Site list in the Launch Pad to find some recipes or to get other ideas.
  • jerryellis63012
    Options
    All good ideas! Ended up eating cheese and walnuts, thanks for all the great suggestions!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Mistizoom wrote: »

I agree.

• DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Jerry,

I peeked into your diary and it looks like you're eating too many carbs. Try to halve them.

For fat, try fat bombs. See links below my signature. I just made a batch of one of my favorites, Raspberry.

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan
    Putting Chocolate Back Together Recipe
    Almond Joy Wanna Be's (fat bomb recipe)
    Raspberry Fat Bombs
    Previous Discussions (lots of easy Keto recipes and other useful Keto info)
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    How big is your calorie deficit?

This.

• glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to drink water, too! 100 oz a day should be your target, and that'll fill a belly for a little while and contribute to overall satiety.

But I'm with the "eat more fat" group. If my carbs are clocking relatively high, they'll make me hungrier, I've found. The lower my carb cap, the less of an insatiable food monster I am.
  • jerryellis63012
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    Jerry,

I peeked into your diary and it looks like you're eating too many carbs. Try to halve them.

For fat, try fat bombs. See links below my signature. I just made a batch of one of my favorites, Raspberry.

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan
    Putting Chocolate Back Together Recipe
    Almond Joy Wanna Be's (fat bomb recipe)
    Raspberry Fat Bombs
    Previous Discussions (lots of easy Keto recipes and other useful Keto info)

Thanks DittoDan! The raspberry looks awesome!

• jerryellis63012
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    wabmester wrote: »
    How big is your calorie deficit?

This.
    500 Calorie deficit, is this a good number for Keto?