Today's WOD

Options

Replies

• SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Today's WOD. I'm hoping to get out of work in time to do it!

Strength
    Every 45 seconds for 6 minutes (8 total reps):

1 Power Clean + 1 Hang Clean (full squat) + 1 Push Press @ 75%

WOD:
    Run 1 loop (950 meters)
    40 C2B Pullups
    Run 1 loop

After yesterday's 1/4mile of walking lunges, I'm sore, but not too sore to wod tonight :)
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Warm up:
    Run 400m
    Alt tabata: supermans and 52 lb kb deadlifts
    Side to Side Hammy Stretch
    Inch worms
    10 Scorpion stretch

Strength/Skill:
    OTMEM for 7 minutes
    7 deadlifts @ 50% of 1RM (185#)

WOD:
    For time: 27-21-15-9
    Deadlifts, Front Squats @135# Rx (i did 95#)

Finished in 12:30
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Just getting around to posting the WOD from Friday...

Strength:
    4x6 Bench Press (incresing load...go heavy but not *too* heavy)
    - I got to 100# in my last set and failed on the final rep

WOD:
    For Load:
    Back Squat
    5-5-3-3-3-3-3
    - First time back squating while wearing my new Reebok Lifter Plus shoes and I LOVE them!!!!! Lifted 75/95/105/115/125/145/165 and felt like a bad *kitten* getting to 165# (my heaviest yet)!!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Today's WOD (and my first in over a week since I tweaked my elbow/forearm.) I"m a bit concerned about the pullups as I think the initial tweak came when I was doing a similar ETOM ring row set. Might do banded pull ups this time around. We will see.

If the elbow is good will probably do this at Level 1 mainly because of my OHS. My core still needs a ton of work.

Strength – Pull Ups

Every 2 minutes, for 8 minutes:

Max Unbroken Reps

“The Barbell and I”

For Time:

Shoulder Press, 10 reps

OHS, 15 reps

PushPress, 20 reps

Front Squats, 25 reps

Push Jerk, 30 reps

Back Squats, 35 reps

Rx – 115/75

L2 – 95/65

L1 – 75/45 or less
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Took me 18:30 at Lvl 1. My shoulder strength sucks, but I was able to do the back squats without putting down the bar. 10, a rest, then the last 25 without a break.

And someone put my weights and bar away while I laid on the mat in pain afterwards. I need to pay that one forward.
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    WOD 1:
    6min: row for kcal
    4 min rest

WOD 2:
    6min AMRAP:
    5 power cleans
    5 burpees over the bar
    4min rest

WOD 3:
    6min AMRAP
    10 wall balls
    10 hand relaese push-ups
  • spazofthedead
    spazofthedead Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Warm-up:
    250m row
    15 back extensions
    10 push ups
    x2

Practice:
    HSPU
    Double unders

WOD - One round for time:
    5 rope climbs
    20 weighted lunges
    20 dumbbell push presses
    40 kettlebell swings
    80 wall balls
    800m run

I finished in 20:02 because the stupid wall balls took forever.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    1 mile weighted run. Weight is the athlete's choice. RX for men is 135, L2 95, L1 65
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Warm up:
    Tabata DUs
    30 sec handstand hold
    8-broad Jumps
    10 HRPUs
    20 pvc passthroughs

Strength/Skill:
    5x5 Strict Shoulder Press @95#, 135#, 145#, 145#, 135#

WOD:
    Three rounds for time of:
    15 Hang Cleans @135#
    15 Box Jumps @24"
    15 HRPUs

Completed in 10:24
  • Tobi1013
    Options
    Yesterday (I workout after work and almost never get on the interwebs in the evening):

Strength:
    3x5 Front Squat (I did 75, 95, 105#)
    4x5 Back Squat (I did 105, 115, 125, 125#)

WOD:
    12 minute AMRAP
    -7 pull ups (assisted or ring rows for beginners)
    -9 ring dips (parrallette dips for beginners)
    -11 burpees

I did assisted pullups with the green and blue bands (I made the decision last week that I was no longer going to do ring rows if assisted pull ups were an option in the WOD), parallete dips, and (because I tweaked my calf muscle a bit ago and pulling in my knees and popping up was painful) pushups on my knees. Completed 6 rnds + 7/9/9 reps.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Warm up - 3( 50 (jump rope singles) + 10 (plank side knee raises) + 15 (DB Row, 10 lbs.) + 30 second plank )

Strength - 4x5 DB Row AHAP (per arm)

WOD - Start clock at 12 minutes. Run 1 mile. Using remaining time on the clock, AMRAP hand-release push ups
    Rest for 7 minutes
    Start clock at 12 minutes, again. Run 1 mile, again. Using remaining time on the clock, AMRAP weighted butterfly sit ups (25 lbs.)

Collapse in a sweaty heap.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    1 mile weighted run. Weight is the athlete's choice. RX for men is 135, L2 95, L1 65

This was kinda fun. Did 85# and got to about 500m before I caught my foot and the edge of the sidewalk and rolled my ankle. No damage but I had to drop it. Probably dropped about 8 times and eventually would drop, then pick it up in front of me and walk with it until my traps loosened up. Did the final 300m straight too. 22:28.

Had one guy do it RX (115) in 17 minutes with no drops. As he said he's not the fittest guy there but he's dropped a ton of weight relatively quickly so this was right in his wheelhouse.
  • Tobi1013
    Options
    Yesterday:

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
    Deadlift
    Box Jump
    Hand Release Pushups

I completed in 10:58 with 105# DLs, 20" step ups, and HRPUs on my knees
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Yesterday:

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
    Deadlift
    Box Jump
    Hand Release Pushups

I like his one. Could probably get through the first few rounds doing regular pushups but might have to switch at some point.

My cardiovascular would probably hold me back a bit too. But that is improving.
  • Tobi1013
    Options
    Yesterday:

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
    Deadlift
    Box Jump
    Hand Release Pushups

I like his one. Could probably get through the first few rounds doing regular pushups but might have to switch at some point.

My cardiovascular would probably hold me back a bit too. But that is improving.

I liked this one, too! I can do some regular (non hand release) pushups, but I'm not nearly strong enough yet to get myself straight up off the floor doing HRPUs on my toes.

We did a similar workout to this one a few weeks ago of DLs and bar facing burpees. I thought I was going to die. Jumping over the bar for the burpees was adding insult to burpee injury!! lol!
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    We've been cycling through the girls this week and for some reason finished on a WOD I did in January and never thought I'd have to see again: CF Open WOD 12.1. AMRAP in 7 min of: burpees!

Whoo!
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Fran tomorrow.

21-15-9
    Thrusters (95/65)
    Pull Ups

L3 – 15-12-9 Pull Ups, Thrusters as Rx’d
    L2- 75/55 Thruster, Banded Pull Ups
    L1 – 65/45 or less Thruster, Ring Rows (as horizontal as possible)

I will go Level 1 just to set a baseline for myself. I'm certain it will hurt a lot.
  • Tobi1013
    Options
    Got 'er done nice and early this morning!!!

Warm Up: 800m run - I subbed rowing due to a running injury that I am still trying to work through.

Strength: 10 min EMOM 10 ring rows

WOD: 5-5-3-3-1-1-1-1 Front squat for load - Found my 1RM at 140#!!!! That felt effing awesome!! Great way to start a Friday!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    For those of you scaling push-ups to your knees, my coach shared a little secret with me (before I even started CF, she's a good friend of mine) that worked wonders! I went from barely getting one "real" push-up, to being able to do 20 at a time (hand-release at that!) in very short time with her method.

She said, "get off your knees!" and advised that I roll-up to to the plank position and then work the negative by lowering myself straight down. I still resort to the roll-up method when there are way too many push-ups in a wod and my arms become to exhausted to push up anymore. Her reasoning was that you will gain strength in the needed muscles more with the roll-up (working the negative) method than you will with going to your knees.

I haven't done a push-up on my knees in nearly a year.
  • Tobi1013
    Options
    For those of you scaling push-ups to your knees, my coach shared a little secret with me (before I even started CF, she's a good friend of mine) that worked wonders! I went from barely getting one "real" push-up, to being able to do 20 at a time (hand-release at that!) in very short time with her method.

She said, "get off your knees!" and advised that I roll-up to to the plank position and then work the negative by lowering myself straight down. I still resort to the roll-up method when there are way too many push-ups in a wod and my arms become to exhausted to push up anymore. Her reasoning was that you will gain strength in the needed muscles more with the roll-up (working the negative) method than you will with going to your knees.

I haven't done a push-up on my knees in nearly a year.

This is a great tip, and I def want to get off my knees, but what do you mean by "roll up to the plank position"? I understand working the negative, but the "roll up" has me confused.

Thanks!!