Leslie Sansone April 2015 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    115/75 6 more miles this afternoon from golfing!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    119/75 Walked 4 miles at the park this morning. I hope you are doing well . Walk strong.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    60/65

Happy Monday! I did the 5 mile fast walk today.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    4/22-4/27

33 miles with Leslie

135 mile total with Leslie

15 miles outside

72 miles total outside

207 miles total

goal 150 miles===MADE MY GOAL!!!!!

Happy walking!!!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    121/75 I returned to the park with my grandson and he rode his YBike while I walked. We covered 2 more miles. My legs are sore.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    bandit5125 wrote: »
    4/22-4/27

33 miles with Leslie

135 mile total with Leslie

15 miles outside

72 miles total outside

207 miles total

goal 150 miles===MADE MY GOAL!!!!!

Happy walking!!!

WOW!!!BRAVO!!! You are amazing!!

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    April Goal-140 miles

4/1-Vivofit Tracked-1.2 miles
    4/2-Vivofit Tracked -3.2 miles=4.4 total miles
    4/3-Vivofit Tracked 1.8 miles=6.2 total miles
    4/4-Vivofit Tracked .9 miles =7.1 total miles
    4/5-Vivofit Tracked 1.6 miles=8.7 total miles
    4/6-Vivofit Tracked 1.2 miles=9.9 total miles
    4/7-Vivofit Tracked 3.2 miles=13.1 total miles
    4/8-Vivofit Tracked 1.4 miles=14.5 total miles
    4/9-Vivofit Tracked 3.0 miles=17.5 total miles
    4/10-Vivotfit Tracked 4.0 miles=21.5 total miles
    4/11-Vivofit Tracked 1.0 miles=22.5 total miles
    4/12-Vivofit Tracked 1.4 miles=23.9 total miles
    4/13-Vivofit Tracked 2.1 miles=26.0 total miles
    4/14-Vivotfit Tracked 2.9 miles=28.9 total miles
    4/15-Walkmeter-3.93 miles walking my neighborhood! :smile: =32.83 total miles
    4/16-Vivofit Tracked-3.1 miles=35.93
    4/17-Walkmeter-3.9 miles walking my neighborhood in the bright sunshine! :sunglasses: =39.83 total miles
    4/17-Vivofit Tracked 1.2 Miles=41.03 totalmiles
    4/18-WAH-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles =45.03 total miles
    4/19-WAH- 5 mile Fat Burning Walk=50.03 total miles
    4/20-Vivofit Tracked-1.9 miles =51.93 total miles
    4/21-Vivofit Tracked 3.5 miles=55.43 total miles
    4/22-WAH 3 Mile Power Walk with weights=58.43
    4/23-Vivofit Tracked 2.9 miles-61.33
    4/24-WAH-Burn Body Fat & Sculpt Your Arms-3 miles=64.33
    4/24-Vivofit Tracked 1.0 miles=65.33
    4/25-Just Walk-49 Minute Super Burn=2.26 (on my vivofit :wink: ) =67.59
    4/26-Vivofit Tracked- 1.0 miles=68.59
    4/27-WAH-Walk Slim-Fast & Firm-4 Really Big Miles=72.59

May is almost here, although you would not know it looking at our thermometer! Geez O Pete!!!!! :grumble:

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

27715887.png
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    126.5 /75 It was sooooo cold this morning at the park. I still managed 5.5 miles. Come on warmer weather!!! Have a great day Walkers.
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I might have to stop writing, I did a 30 walk video today, lame compared to everyone else.
    :(
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I might have to stop writing, I did a 30 walk video today, lame compared to everyone else.
    NO WORRIES Bgodess2003-we all started where you are. Do not quit!!! :noway: Get inspiration from us so you know where you will be in a few months!!!! We all started with 1 mile at a time. That is why texasgardnr started this challenge. You are NOT competing with us, but with yourself! YOU set your goal and YOU meet it! I am not going to meet mine this month as it was too aggressive considering my online work load. It happens sometimes. But I admire Bandit and PinkyPan for meeting and exceeding theirs. No worries!!!! Bgoddess has her own goals! Hang in there as we would miss you terribly if you left us.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    zichab wrote: »
    NO WORRIES Bgodess2003-we all started where you are. Do not quit!!! :noway: Get inspiration from us so you know where you will be in a few months!!!! We all started with 1 mile at a time. That is why texasgardnr started this challenge. You are NOT competing with us, but with yourself! YOU set your goal and YOU meet it! I am not going to meet mine this month as it was too aggressive considering my online work load. It happens sometimes. But I admire Bandit and PinkyPan for meeting and exceeding theirs. No worries!!!! Bgoddess has her own goals! Hang in there as we would miss you terribly if you left us.

Well said, zichab, when you wrote about how we are challenging ourselves to become more healthy and fit, and NOT competing with one another.
    Each of us have different goals, and we are all at different points in our fitness levels or stages in life.

I have had many challenges this month in caring for my brother. Last week he moved into our home to continue with his recovery. He took his first steps in three months, with the aid of a walker, just days prior to being discharged from the second rehabilitation facility to my home.

In the meantime my exercise and eating healthy slid off even the proverbial back burner. I intend to find both again, especially with the encouragement that this group is famous for <3 .

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

PS: the May walk challenge has been posted in the announcement section until Friday :) .

• PinkyPan1
    Options
    zichab wrote: »

I agree that this is NOT a competition. This is simply a group that encourages each other to walk and enjoy ourselves. I started with very few miles. I have been walking a year now and have added miles. Walking is my main exercise and the only way I can burn calories effectively. Because of this group I have been able to push myself further than I ever imagined. I little more than a year ago I had a heart attack and I needed to get healthy. Walking has helped me regain my health. Thank God for Leslie Sansone and this group.

Please do not quit...one foot in front of the other. Stay strong. You are wanted here.

Hugs,
    Mary
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    132/75 I completed 5.5 miles at the park this morning.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    133/75 On my Facebook News Feed I found Leslie's 1 Fast Mile and I get it done.
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    04/25/15 walked 1 mile outside
    04/26/15 walked 1 mile outside
    04/27/15 walked 1.5 miles outside
    04/28/15 walked 1 mile outside
    04/29/15 walked 1.5 miles outside

April total 26.25 / 30

2793411.png[/quote]

• texasgardnr
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Sorry I got in the car with my husband and clocked the milage to the ice cream store, I said we used to walk for ice cream so maybe we can again, he said yeah but we were in our 20's......so I said its something we can do slowly. Lol :#
    Oh, that sure brings back fun memories. My then finance (now my husband of over 30 years) and I used to jog to the ice cream shop and walk back with cones B) . We were in our 30s :o .

bgoddess, do continue walking for ice cream with your husband while making more memories together <3 .

:flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    What I walked that I have not yet posted here since the 8th of April:

4-13 "20 Minutes Easy Burn" Walk Off Fat Fast DVD
    4-16 "40 Minutes Super Burn" Walk Off Fat Fast DVD
    4-17 "30 Minutes Big Burn" Walk Off Fat Fast DVD
    4-27 2 miles "Thursday's Walk" U5DWP DVD
    4-29 2 miles "30 Minute Walk" WAP For Your Week DVD

Hugs,
    texasgardnr :flowerforyou:
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    139/75 I had the day off and I slept in for once. I managed 6 miles at the park this morning. There were goslings everywhere. Walking in the dark I never knew they were there. LOL I stopped and took a few pictures.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    139/75 I had the day off and I slept in for once. I managed 6 miles at the park this morning. There were goslings everywhere. Walking in the dark I never knew they were there. LOL I stopped and took a few pictures.
    What a sweet surprise to see the goslings, :) . Awesome start to your day by catching some well deserved extra ZZZs and taking your walk in the park.

• texasgardnr
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I walked 3 miles early this morning with LS' 5K With a Twist DVD.

Wishing everyone a blessed and happy day.

See ya'll in May :)